Just switched from an iphone 5c to a blackberry q10 this past week. Didn't look much into in beforehand but so far so good. Definitely missing some apps but am adjusting to the new apps. Love the hub and the keyboard of course. Also, the predicted text is pretty great!

Is Slacker radio the best replacement for Pandora? Also, I used a Strava app which tracked my GPS as well as mileage and elevation when cycling and apparently I can use a GPS type tracker on here and load on to the Strava website. Does anyone know of a good GPS app?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 12:31 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

Endomondo, Sports Tracker, Runtastic... take your pick.

TuneIn Radio, Nobex and Slacker for radio.

You should be good to go now!
    07-19-14 12:59 PM
    Cool thanks a lot!

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    07-19-14 01:09 PM
    If you had a registered account with Pandora, download 'apollo' from Blackberry World. It's the Pandora app and actually has all your radio stations saved; at least this is the option I use on my Z10.
    diegonei and jamesharmeling like this.
    07-19-14 01:31 PM
    Thanks. Apollo is just what I needed!

Posted via CB10
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    07-19-14 03:18 PM
    I don't use Pandora, but is there an amazon app for it that works on q10?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 07:52 PM
    Not sure but Apollo seems really rough and uncut as far as any app goes. Multiple times the songs started skipping. The Q10 so far is very slow compared to even my 5c. Don't get me wrong, I understand the fascination with the BlackBerry and will continue to embrace it all for the next year. With an extreme lack of apps, I can understand the negative opinion of the public and even my multiple, multiple hecklers .

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 10:04 PM
    Does Pandora android work?

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 12:16 AM
    Just switched from an iphone 5c to a blackberry q10 this past week. Didn't look much into in beforehand but so far so good. Definitely missing some apps but am adjusting to the new apps. Love the hub and the keyboard of course. Also, the predicted text is pretty great!

Is Slacker radio the best replacement for Pandora? Also, I used a Strava app which tracked my GPS as well as mileage and elevation when cycling and apparently I can use a GPS type tracker on here and load on to the Strava website. Does anyone know of a good GPS app?

Posted via CB10
    No Strava yet. Endomondo works great to track activity but I don't think it links to Strava. I purchased a Suunto Ambit to satiate my Strava addiction. Try using Glympse to connect with your riding buddies during the ride.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 06:31 PM
    Does Pandora android work?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does. So does Spotify. You will find most android apk's can be installed without issue. I personally have installed Ebay, Amazon, Spotify and Netflix apk's and all work perfect.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 07:21 PM
    Yes it does. So does Spotify. You will find most android apk's can be installed without issue. I personally have installed Ebay, Amazon, Spotify and Netflix apk's and all work perfect.

Posted via CB10
    Have you had any luck with Strava?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 11:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    How's the video viewing from the Netflix app on the Q10??? Honestly, is it still enjoyable?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-24-14 11:31 PM
    Im looking forward to being a first time user. is the q10 the best out there in the blackberry world? and why is blackberry a choice i should consider?
    07-25-14 01:26 AM
    What OS do you have? Slacker actually has a wider selection. Just wish it had a shuffle.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 07:30 AM
    Netflix viewing works fine on my Q10. Yes, the screen is a little small, but it will get me by until the Passport arrives. :-)

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 09:43 PM
    Netflix is fine on q5 / q10. Sound is most important not screen size imho.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 05:08 PM
    I have a ton of Android apps on my Q10. I don't miss much about Android at all and I came from a Note II. Only thing that doesn't work like it should is apps like Fronto that pays you money for downloading apps. But I do have a Seperate phone for that plus my partners tablet.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 03:53 AM
    Hey welcome to BB10. It's takes a few weeks to really appreciate the operating system. Make sure to take advantage of the help icon and watch all the how to videos. All the best.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    07-27-14 04:18 AM
    I downloaded the Pandora app from amazon appstore. Works fine. Every know and then it lags, I hit pause for a few seconds, and then it plays fine. More of a streaming/bandwidth issue I think.

Netflix I got from Am. App. and have had no problems at all. Small screen but use hdmi port to plug into TV and voila.

My music apps are Pandora, slacker, and iheart. I get what I need in terms of music and talk radio.

Apollo was good until the 10.1 update. Now it just sucks. Never was the same. Now stops after one or two songs.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 07:18 AM
    How's the video viewing from the Netflix app on the Q10??? Honestly, is it still enjoyable?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Actually, I just use a HDMI cable and hook the Q10 directly to the TV.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 08:50 AM