never used a BB before

Got a q10 as a gift ?

any tips on how to use it ? i was a nokia e72 user . never used touchscreen or android phones either !!!

any shortcuts or tips ?
    10-04-14 01:57 AM
    Sure there are some tipps, talking about everything would be a bit excessive though. Regarding a generic list of shortcuts, take a look here:
    http://m.crackberry.com/full-list-bl...-q10-shortcuts
    These shortcuts should be available almost everywhere, things like "space" to scroll one page down, "t" for going back to the top or "b" going down to the bottom.

In each app you can get shortcuts too. Figuring them out is rather easy, since they are listed besides the specific option - if they are available. You can find these app specific options for the left and right menus on the screen. Having the browser open for example you can press "k" to open your favourites, "s" to perform a search and "r" to open reader mode.

There is also a universal search feature on steroids, called Instant Action on BB10. To use it, just start typing from any of your homescreens. Besides just searching, you can also perform quick tasks with it - hence the name. If you type "tweet " you can compose a new tweet without ever opening Twitter. Typing "note " you can create a new note without opening Remember. Typing "text" you can quickly select to compose a text message, same with mails "mail".

Also learn your gestures, getting used to them might take a while and seems a bit of a steep learning curve, yet it is worth it. Once you figured out how it works, at least in my case, you might never want to go back to a traditional three button interface.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-04-14 03:01 AM
    Sure there are some tipps, talking about everything would be a bit excessive though. Regarding a generic list of shortcuts, take a look here:
    The full list of BlackBerry Q10 keyboard shortcuts | CrackBerry.com
    These shortcuts should be available almost everywhere, things like "space" to scroll one page down, "t" for going back to the top or "b" going down to the bottom.

In each app you can get shortcuts too. Figuring them out is rather easy, since they are listed besides the specific option - if they are available. You can find these app specific options for the left and right menus on the screen. Having the browser open for example you can press "k" to open your favourites, "s" to perform a search and "r" to open reader mode.

There is also a universal search feature on steroids, called Instant Action on BB10. To use it, just start typing from any of your homescreens. Besides just searching, you can also perform quick tasks with it - hence the name. If you type "tweet " you can compose a new tweet without ever opening Twitter. Typing "note " you can create a new note without opening Remember. Typing "text" you can quickly select to compose a text message, same with mails "mail".

Also learn your gestures, getting used to them might take a while and seems a bit of a steep learning curve, yet it is worth it. Once you figured out how it works, at least in my case, you might never want to go back to a traditional three button interface.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    where do i get information on gestures ? any videos of help guide ?
    i am a 55 year old man , so my learning is not as good as you young guys !
    10-05-14 06:19 AM
    On the device there is a help app. Go through it, it gives step by step, and the likes.

Also check here: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...ry+Smartphones
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-05-14 06:26 AM

See the both videos

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1154
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-05-14 06:31 AM