I've had than curious gazes for my BlackBerry Z10 all coming from iPhone users they all wanted to know where they could get it. When I told them three, they went straight to looking it up on their iPhone, pretty neat, huh. One guy asked if it was HTC one, when I told him it was BlackBerry he wouldn't even look at it though
    Since it's now well-known that Apple logs everything that you speak with Siri about, I wonder if they have a "special file" for those that dare to ask Siri about Blackberry.

Richard
    05-27-13 09:01 AM
    Its okay for peeps to usee iPhones with BB devices even if they are employees.

it just gets to show that they like to try different OS / features and also shows other people that if you have an iphone doesnt mean you have the best of the world. you need to try a blackberry too

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-27-13 09:07 AM
    Maybe they were testing a beta version of BBM for IOS.

I got my Z10 in February and aside from a lad purchasing one from Phones 4 U at the same time as me I have yet to see another Z10 in use here.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 09:20 AM
    All the employees at the Virgin Mobile booth near my house wear BB Z10 t-shirts at work, regardless of their personal choice of mobile phone. As far as I know, only the manager uses Blackberry. The person you saw may have to wear the shirt to work ... maybe they have an iPhone for personal use, and were loaned a Q10 for testing/selling purposes.
    05-27-13 12:17 PM
    I have yet to see another Z10 in the wild in nyc, and definitely haven't seen a Q10. That is until I just saw a person on a train with what looked like a BlackBerry employee shirt under her sweatshirt, but she was using an iphone so that can't be, right? Then she whipped out a Q10 and she switched between the devices 3 or 4 times during the trip. Happy to see a bb10 device, disappointed to see the BlackBerry employees rocking iphones in public with their BlackBerry shirts on.

Posted via CB10
    This is dependent on where you live. In Ottawa Canada I see Blackberries everywhere and a ton over BB10 devices spotted on the bus.
    05-27-13 03:10 PM
    Thorstein Heins admitted to using a SGS3, albeit probably to gauge the competition. People use the competitor's products all the time. Heck, our own Crackberry Kevin went to an iPad event wearing an iMore shirt last year!

I'd like to think the person on the train using an iPhone was beta testing BBM .
    05-27-13 04:53 PM
    Haha I would have done the same. You can't let a fine piece of technology take the plunge to its death if there's something you can do about it. And yeah, she was wearing the same type of shirts that I had seen the BlackBerry employees wear in stores like best buy and stuff. Just comes off as weird to wear a shirt repping one company and then hold the competitors phone. Makes people think that maybe your brand isn't good enough.

Posted via CB10
    I think it's a good thing if they know what their competitors are doing. Some Google workers use iPhones.
    05-27-13 05:09 PM
    Playing the talking cat and fart apps on the itoy perhaps?

Posted via CB10
    Can you point me to the useful business apps available in bb world? I found lots of flashlight, led, sexual positions, and games. No quickbooks, autocad, or banking apps (at least none of the major US banks).
    05-27-13 09:04 PM
    Yes, I'm serious. Say you work for Apple and you start carrying a BlackBerry around, what do you think onlookers would think about the phone you represent? Obviously people here, some of us anyway, are able to read into a situation, we're current on news, so yeah, maybe she was testing cross platform BBM, but I doubt the common person on the 7 train even knows that that's a thing. People would think that the company you work for doesn't produce a phone that's good enough so you have to go elsewhere. How is nobody else seeing this. When your job consists of you representing a brand, you are an extension of that brand, no matter where you go. I, personally, think it's in bad taste to do what she did regardless of whether or not there was good reason for it, because it looks bad.

Posted via CB10
    You don't even KNOW what this persons' job details?!??!!! Just because you work for a company doesn't mean you're to represent that brand! You may work for the best interests of the company, but the best interests for the brand is left to the executive team, investor relations, and marketing and production (including supply chain) teams. If this person's job is in research then it means looking and testing the competition in all manner. My point is not to assume the persons job but just to highlight what you're not sounding 100% positive on based on a quick visual and not even speaking to the person about their role at BlackBerry.

Also ... for example Microsoft purchased several hundred PowerMac G5's just less than 30 days after Apple officially launched it years ago and claiming the fastest shipping computer. Which they where right but where asked to pull that 6months from their ad because Dell had a BTO that finally matched it. The initial thought was that Microsoft couldn't purchase a competitive machine from one of it's licensees and wasn't good for the brand back then as well. Turns out M$ required the RISC based CPU's and a platform for coding the XBox!!

Time shows us what is really going on from what we just get a glimpse of now.
    05-27-13 09:18 PM
    But with that, it depends on the cars in the lot. If people were driving Hondas to their job at a Benz facility then I'd assume they don't have the money for a Benz and are just working there as a job, with phones the prices are all about the same.

Posted via CB10
    I've been at a Ford dealership where the salesman had some BMW keys on his desk
    05-27-13 09:36 PM
    Is it possible that the girl was not even a BlackBerry employee but someone who works for a third party like a carrier or phone retail shop that happens to have been promoting BlackBerry and had to where the shirts? I do think that the actual BlackBerry sales team is smarter than that and this individual is third party As some have pointed out, maybe the iPhone is their personal phone and the BlackBerry is a demo / work phone. Or maybe she just owns a BlackBerry branded shirt. At least they are using a Blackberry. I would be more disappointed if they were not using a BlackBerry at all in the moment you had with this person.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    05-27-13 09:45 PM
    I have yet to see another Z10 in the wild in nyc, and definitely haven't seen a Q10. That is until I just saw a person on a train with what looked like a BlackBerry employee shirt under her sweatshirt, but she was using an iphone so that can't be, right? Then she whipped out a Q10 and she switched between the devices 3 or 4 times during the trip. Happy to see a bb10 device, disappointed to see the BlackBerry employees rocking iphones in public with their BlackBerry shirts on.

Posted via CB10
    Hope this doesn't make your head spin ;^)

05-27-13 10:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    She probably wanted to access an email that was older than 30 days....
    ...And couldn't get it with the new Blackberry because it doesn't support that.
    ...Given an iphone 4 has no problems with doing this that might be why she was using it.
    05-28-13 03:06 AM
    She probably wanted to access an email that was older than 30 days....
    ...And couldn't get it with the new Blackberry because it doesn't support that.
    ...Given an iphone 4 has no problems with doing this that might be why she was using it.
    That would be quite the short sighted decision lol.

Especially when you consider all you need to do is install your updates.

But what ever.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 12:00 AM
    I'm seeing more and more Z10's around Downtown Victoria.
    We're a tourist city, so we do get a rapid influx of up to 8000 people when the cruise ships come in... but I seen about 10 - Z's in the wild so far.
    06-04-13 12:38 AM
65 123