I have yet to see another Z10 in the wild in nyc, and definitely haven't seen a Q10. That is until I just saw a person on a train with what looked like a BlackBerry employee shirt under her sweatshirt, but she was using an iphone so that can't be, right? Then she whipped out a Q10 and she switched between the devices 3 or 4 times during the trip. Happy to see a bb10 device, disappointed to see the BlackBerry employees rocking iphones in public with their BlackBerry shirts on.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 08:28 AM
    He may have just been a temp for an event or something. . .The week the Z10 dropped for T-Mobile I saw three different people with it on the same train car I was in. . .then I pretty much haven't seen it around since. . .lol
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-26-13 08:50 AM
    Was in a large gas station/convenience store the other day and the apparent owner/manager was doing a helicopter routine around the store, checking this, doing that, shuffling paperwork around in his hands. His Z10 was sitting on the edge of the counter by the register, perched precariously on a small stack of paperwork, inches from going over the side. I had to do a double-take because I was pretty sure I had left my Z10 in the truck...which I had. I made the comment out loud; "That's an expensive phone to leave sitting on the counter." He hurried over and snatched it up without a word...

Richard
    05-26-13 08:55 AM
    Haha I would have done the same. You can't let a fine piece of technology take the plunge to its death if there's something you can do about it. And yeah, she was wearing the same type of shirts that I had seen the BlackBerry employees wear in stores like best buy and stuff. Just comes off as weird to wear a shirt repping one company and then hold the competitors phone. Makes people think that maybe your brand isn't good enough.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-26-13 09:08 AM
    Back in my old workplace I used to frequently drive by the production facilities of both Mercedes Benz (Daimler Chrysler) and Porsche. Guess what? Most cars on the employee parking lots were neither Mercedes nor Porsches

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 09:24 AM
    But with that, it depends on the cars in the lot. If people were driving Hondas to their job at a Benz facility then I'd assume they don't have the money for a Benz and are just working there as a job, with phones the prices are all about the same.

Posted via CB10
    jegs2 likes this.
    05-26-13 09:38 AM
    I have yet to see another Z10 in the wild in nyc, and definitely haven't seen a Q10. That is until I just saw a person on a train with what looked like a BlackBerry employee shirt under her sweatshirt, but she was using an iphone so that can't be, right? Then she whipped out a Q10 and she switched between the devices 3 or 4 times during the trip. Happy to see a bb10 device, disappointed to see the BlackBerry employees rocking iphones in public with their BlackBerry shirts on.

Posted via CB10
    Playing the talking cat and fart apps on the itoy perhaps?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 09:41 AM
    I am the BES admin at my job and I was talking to BB tech support the other day and during wait times we would have small talk and I asked him which device he uses and he said Z10 and an iPhone. I use both BB and iPhone as well, but BB is always my favorite. I like my iPhone for the things I'm unable to do on my Z10 yet.
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-26-13 09:44 AM
    I just got back from a conference with over 500 attendees. I saw a ton of iPhones, some Android phones, some older BlackBerry models and two Windows Phones. I didn't see any BB10 devices while I was there.

I talked to the two Windows Phone owners and they seemed to be happy with their devices. The BlackBerry users that I talked to had work-issued BlackBerry devices; they had other phones (including a flip phone) for their personal devices.

One day, I will run in to someone with a BB10 device. I hope that they don't think that I'm too creepy when I start asking them about their phone!
    05-26-13 09:51 AM
    Yeah I'm a huge phone stalker and always hope people don't think I'm odd or checking them out lol. I haven't seen any BB10 devices out there either. I'm hoping all of that will change since BB10 has great potential.
    05-26-13 09:54 AM
    People think that they have money if they own a iphone but I think that the q10 is more expensive than iphone 5.

Z10 is more expensive than iphone 4S

Ah i checked the ip5 16gb costs 20 euro more than the q10..

So price is no difference basically
    05-26-13 09:58 AM
    Not going to lie, starting to hate these misleading thread titles! Is it to get views?
    05-26-13 10:33 AM
    Not going to lie, starting to hate these misleading thread titles! Is it to get views?
    LOL it's the best way to capture curious minds

Posted via CB10
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    05-26-13 10:50 AM
    It didn't seem misleading to me and seemed right in line with the content of the original post.
    05-26-13 10:52 AM
    Maybe she was using Viber or any other app which is not yet for Q10. BB10 is very new OS and still need a time to became mature OS with a lot of options and great apps.

Just wait little more...
    05-26-13 11:14 AM
    LOL it's the best way to capture curious minds

Posted via CB10
    Yeah haha it gets me everytime zzZz
    05-26-13 11:23 AM
    It didn't seem misleading to me and seemed right in line with the content of the original post.
    To most people they would assume he's not satisfied with the Q10 after seeing one in person! Big mislead
    05-26-13 11:24 AM
    I see Z10s in public all the time where I live!

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 11:43 AM
    Unlimite, that's awesome. I wish that was the case here.

Also, I tried to make the thread title as accurate as possible. I'm not going to write 3 sentences for a title. Open the thread and read it and you'll find out quick enough what it's about, unless that's too much of a strain on the fingers and eyes.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 12:00 PM
    let me provide you with a little assistance. if by train, you mean subway, they are underground. signal strength varies by carrier. maybe they were using the phone that had the best signal? or maybe one was a personal phone and one was a work phone? nothing wrong with having two phones. i will likely always have an iPhone...it's an iPod with internet. but my go to phone is still a 9930, until the Q10 comes out. some people need two phones...and it comes in handy when it comes to battery power...switching back and forth...which is another issue with trains in NYC...they are battery killers.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 12:22 PM
    Also, I tried to make the thread title as accurate as possible. I'm not going to write 3 sentences for a title. Open the thread and read it and you'll find out quick enough what it's about, unless that's too much of a strain on the fingers and eyes.

Posted via CB10
    On a forum with alot of threads being posted, I only want to read ones that interest me. And the title should've just been "Finally saw a bb10 device in nyc" or "BB reps still use iphones" something like that, using 'disappointed as the cliff hanger is misleading I'm sorry
    05-26-13 12:45 PM
    Im in Toronto Canada, and I've seen several Z10 and Q10 out there.
    05-26-13 12:48 PM
    I've had than curious gazes for my BlackBerry Z10 all coming from iPhone users they all wanted to know where they could get it. When I told them three, they went straight to looking it up on their iPhone, pretty neat, huh. One guy asked if it was HTC one, when I told him it was BlackBerry he wouldn't even look at it though
    05-26-13 12:58 PM
    Maybe this employee bought her iPhone prior to the BB10 phones coming out. Seems likely she wouldn't just chuck it. Also, while Balance may be nice, some folks want the added security from corporate snooping by having a separate phone.
    Lots of folks at my old job used a BB and an iPhone because they liked the separation of work and personal. And it was almost always that split. None of my colleagues used android. One person had two iPhones, both i5s, one that he had before he joined the company and the other that work gave to him. That seemed silly to me, but that is what he had. All the others were BB for work and iPhone for personal. Well there was one older high level executive who used a flip phone for his calls and an iPhone and iPad for emails.
    05-26-13 12:59 PM
    It was the 7 train during the above ground stretch, should have been no difference in cell service at all, when underground you get no service (save for small pockets of reception here and there that are extremely rare). Also, my point wasn't so much that a person was using two phones, I know that's common. What I was getting at was that it might not be the best display of your company when you're wearing your blackberry employee shirt and using an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:17 PM
65 123