Don't know if it helps, but when I reactivated my 9700 from a non Blackberry I had to call tmobile and they had to switch my plan to BB. it seems that the network wouldn't work with it at all until their end new that it was a Blackberry. Basically every time I switch between it and the old iPhone I called Tmobile and they had to change the data plan on their end for it to work smoothly.

I am about to buy a Q10 on ebay now though. Where I live I have no choice but tmobile as I need the UMA calling. It is a pain getting the SQN100-5 model I must say.
    09-01-14 11:41 PM
    The great thing about BB10 devices is no more BIS. Making sure the older models were not still tied to the previous owner's data plan was a huge pain in the ****. Getting away from BIS makes it much easier to activate a used BlackBerry these days.

I was on the phone and live chat multiple times trying to get this Q10 activated. They saw no reason why the activation shouldn't go through unless it was a damaged unit. I was able to activate a Lumia Icon, an iPhone 5s, and a BlackBerry 7250 with no problems. But that particular Q10 is a dog that just won't hunt.
    09-02-14 08:45 AM
    Maybe you should check the imei on verizons website to make sure it's an actual Verizon phone. Could be a shady seller that changed the housing on it once you check the imei on Verizon it should let you know if it is indeed usable for Verizon

Tmobile 10.2.2976
    09-02-14 09:29 AM
    I need a specific Verizon model. I went to shopblackberry and when I clicked on Buy Now I got the price of $798!!! That's insane. I'm not going to pay more than $200 (shipped) for a device that's destined to become a backup to my Passport in a couple weeks.
    Good point. However there bus zero in for about a CDMA variant making its way through the FCC. Meaning its going probably not going to happen this calendar year.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 10:03 AM
    Maybe you should check the imei on verizons website to make sure it's an actual Verizon phone. Could be a shady seller that changed the housing on it once you check the imei on Verizon it should let you know if it is indeed usable for Verizon

Tmobile 10.2.2976
    Verizon checked it while I was on live chat and it was good to go. Definitely a Verizon phone, and unencumbered by an old outstanding balance, or anything else that would get it blacklisted.
    09-02-14 12:48 PM
    Good point. However there bus zero in for about a CDMA variant making its way through the FCC. Meaning its going probably not going to happen this calendar year.

Posted via CB10
    That's what's killing me! No telling if/when the Passport lands on Verizon. And I've had a couple Q10's before and loved them! Heck, there's even a chance I'll get the Passport and prefer the Q10. So I really should have one. It's just got to make sense as far as price goes. The specs on GSMArena show the specific Verizon LTE bands, which is encouraging. But they don't list any regular CDMA bands, which scares me. I don't know what to believe at this point, besides the fact that I really want a Q10.
    09-02-14 12:51 PM
    Well just hang it all! With the announcement that the Passport will be *unveiled* on September 24th, much later than I had hoped, I just ponied up the $$ for a mint Q10 on Swappa. So here comes Round 2 with the hunt for a working Q10. Hopefully it won't take 9 days to ship it from Virginia to New Jersey like the last one did (coming from only 30 miles away in NYC!).

I tried one last time to activate the last one. Verizon has all-white 4G SIM cards, and they also have a 4G SIM card with a red stripe down one side. We tried the red stripe one but Verizon's system rejected it before even trying to activate it. As soon as the SIM's ICCID was entered into the system prior to activation the system warned that it was incompatible and wouldn't allow the activation process to proceed. A couple more of the all-white SIM cards brought no joy.

Well, here comes my Q10 redux.
    09-02-14 06:52 PM
32 12