OK. Before everyone gets upset, I have two questions. First, the screen brightness is very low. Out of the box the OS is 10.1. Is there any improvement to screen brightness since then? At max brightness, it is equal to less than 50 percent on the Z10 and is extremely hard on the eyes. Second, is there a way to expand videos so they stretch to fit the screen? Maybe that was another update that wasn't available in 10.1. Any feedback would really help me out. Those are my only two issues with the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe I'm just used to it but the brightness isn't an issue for me. I have mine set at 50%.

While viewing a movie that little white box in the upper right corner click on that to make the video go full screen.

Check for software update, it should've scanned for the latest by itself.
    Im on TMO so I'm not sure what ATT OS is up to. But there are many threads on updating to another carriers OS.
    Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 07:13 PM
    Tim the ****in' "Tool Man" Taylor, everyone!
    Attachment 246486

I used my Z10 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    That's cool! Decided to follow you on twitter

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    02-10-14 07:34 PM
    OK. Before everyone gets upset, I have two questions. First, the screen brightness is very low. Out of the box the OS is 10.1. Is there any improvement to screen brightness since then? At max brightness, it is equal to less than 50 percent on the Z10 and is extremely hard on the eyes. Second, is there a way to expand videos so they stretch to fit the screen? Maybe that was another update that wasn't available in 10.1. Any feedback would really help me out. Those are my only two issues with the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Wait, so you want to cut off 30% of the picture just to fill the screen??

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-10-14 08:19 PM
    Tim the ****in' "Tool Man" Taylor, everyone!
    Attachment 246486

I hate that show he's on right now on ABC but I'll watch it just to see if his Q10 pops up somewhere haha

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    02-10-14 08:20 PM
    No, I want to stretch the image top and bottom to eliminate the black bars and maximize viewing.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 09:28 PM
    No, I want to stretch the image top and bottom to eliminate the black bars and maximize viewing.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, which will cut off the sides...

Edit: Unless you want to distort the entire image, ugh...
    02-10-14 09:29 PM
    I hate that show he's on right now on ABC but I'll watch it just to see if his Q10 pops up somewhere haha

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    I actually watch and like the show and can confirm that he does use the Q10 on the show. He had the Z10 when it first came out and now the Q10. The rest of the family seems to use Galaxy's. I've noticed a lot more product placement lately, especially with Microsoft. Maybe I just pay more attention now.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 09:44 PM
    What the native video player does by touching the white box in the top corner to stretch the video to fit the display is what ALL video apps should do! Thank you for pointing that out! If that worked for YouTube and other video apps then that would be one of my concerns out the window. Now we just need to figure out the screen brightness.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 09:55 PM
    Barring those two issues, it is an awesome phone. I tested bluetooth streaming today and it works WAY better than the Z10 (thanks to bluetooth class 1). I walked all over my house, Q10 in my front pants pocket, and there was zero interruption in music streaming.

02-10-14 10:19 PM
    What the native video player does by touching the white box in the top corner to stretch the video to fit the display is what ALL video apps should do! Thank you for pointing that out! If that worked for YouTube and other video apps then that would be one of my concerns out the window. Now we just need to figure out the screen brightness.

Posted via CB10
    I guess for people obsessed merely with "filling the screen" but you're missing out on 30% of the movie since the sides are cut off. I never understood that, like back before widescreen tvs, people who buy movies in fullscreen... I guess it's just me, seeing the whole picture is more important than some desire to fill a screen. Personal preference.
    02-11-14 12:22 AM
    Well, some good news. I spoke back and forth with the developer of SuperTube (Marco), and he is adding the full screen option specifically for the Q10 as well as a bunch of other cool features such as dark/light theme, and we should see it within the next two weeks. Developers like that who listen, respond, and implement are PRICELESS.

slagman5 likes this.
    02-11-14 06:38 AM
    Sweeetttttt! Welcome please drink our kool-aid Bawahahahah

Posted via Q10
    02-11-14 07:04 AM
    I noticed the screen brightness coming from a Z10 as well right away. I have since got used to it but it is much dimmer than the Z. I am running 10.2.1 and it is the same so that will not change with the update. It seems to be normal for the type screen the Q has. On the plus side though it is also one reason for the much improved battery life which is more important to me. Love still having 40 % battery life at the end of the day.

Posted from my Q10 using CB10
    mk2234 likes this.
    02-11-14 07:25 AM
    In actually warming up to the brightness, and I'll tell you why. After hours of playing with my Z10 and Q10 side by side, the colors on the Q10 display are, for the lack of a better word, RICH. The Twitter app was the first dead giveaway. On the Z10, it's a lighter sky blue border, but on the Q10, a very nice royal blue. I have to say that my eyes get bigger at fuller colors than a bright screen. But don't take my word for it: see for yourself. I adjusted white balance on the Z10 to be as fair as possible:

FINALLY Getting A Q10 On Monday!-img_20140211_085800.png

Compare that to a Q10. Screen shot on the Q10 will look the same so you need to physically compare.

02-11-14 08:31 AM
    That's so cool. I'm loving my Q10 since last year so I know how you will love it too

Posted via CB10 with my crazy beautiful Q10
    02-11-14 08:52 AM
    Yeah, I think the brightness has actually improved since I first got the Q10 yesterday. When I received it from FedEx, it was ice cold. Now that it has warmed up and settled in with a full charge, I'm actually not straining to see it anymore. Word prediction works really well too.

I used my Q10 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    clickitykeys likes this.
    02-11-14 09:34 AM
    Well, some good news. I spoke back and forth with the developer of SuperTube (Marco), and he is adding the full screen option specifically for the Q10 as well as a bunch of other cool features such as dark/light theme, and we should see it within the next two weeks. Developers like that who listen, respond, and implement are PRICELESS.

That's good, even though it's not a feature I would use, I know the demand is out there just like it was before with full screen version of movies, so I'm glad the developer is listening to the demands of the consumers.
    02-11-14 10:26 AM
    There's another story behind that. I do have an Otterbox Defender case which I purchased from AT&T during an online clearance sale. They were 5 bucks each so I bought 2 in hopes of some day filling one case with an actual Q10. When I got them, I noticed that the cases would not fit into the holsters properly with the screen facing out. I contacted Otterbox, and after taking pictures and submitting them, they sent me two more cases to replace those (thinking that they might be defective). The new cases were identical, so now I have a total of FOUR Otterbox Defender cases for the Q10. I'm good on cases indefinitely!

I had almost the same experience. After talking to a local AT&T store they would not honor the online price, so I ordered a leather Blackberry case, hard case, and a screen protector all $5.00 each. When they totaled it up, I was out of $14.00! I couldn't believe it. Then on my way home from work I stopped by the local AT&T store just out of curiosity, they actually had the same price as online. So I picked up 2 OtterBox Defender cases, and 2 Blackberry Leather cases all for $20. I did this so when my 21 year old son 's contract is up he'll be, in his own words, "Got to have that keyboard". Also with my 9930 the clip would always after time work its way loose, then I would have a leather shop glue it back on for $3.00.
    02-11-14 11:36 AM
    I'll say this too. Using a BlackBerry Q10 is so much more....uh.....romantic? It's like an entirely different feeling though the OS is pretty much identical to that of the Z10. Can't really put it into words. It's as if it belongs on ALL devices the way it is on the Q10. It has that addictive element that was missing. But hey, that's just my observation.

clickitykeys likes this.
    02-11-14 11:57 PM
    I'll say this too. Using a BlackBerry Q10 is so much more....uh.....romantic? It's like an entirely different feeling though the OS is pretty much identical to that of the Z10. Can't really put it into words. It's as if it belongs on ALL devices the way it is on the Q10. It has that addictive element that was missing. But hey, that's just my observation.
    I totally get what you are saying. With the physical keyboard shortcuts paired with the new OS features, this is one smooth, fast-operating phone.
    02-12-14 12:37 AM
    Just updated from the out-of-the-box 10.1 to the latest 10.2.1 using my SIM unlock/ SIM swap method ( thank you Rogers!). From what I have observed, the brightness DID improve noticeably between updates. The list of improvements are too long, and coming from a Z10 that had the same update version, the Q10 got a WAY better deal. I could not go back to the Z10 after what I have seen and experienced on the Q10. Now I know why I couldn't stop thinking about it for nearly a year.

02-12-14 07:33 PM
    Just updated from the out-of-the-box 10.1 to the latest 10.2.1 using my SIM unlock/ SIM swap method ( thank you Rogers!). From what I have observed, the brightness DID improve noticeably between updates. The list of improvements are too long, and coming from a Z10 that had the same update version, the Q10 got a WAY better deal. I could not go back to the Z10 after what I have seen and experienced on the Q10. Now I know why I couldn't stop thinking about it for nearly a year.

First thing I did after updating was started assigning my speed dial. Loving being able to speed dial from the home screen again!

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-12-14 08:41 PM
    Hmm, didn't see this on th Z10:

FINALLY Getting A Q10 On Monday!-img_20140213_113922.png

02-13-14 10:40 AM
    Thx for the tip. I just ordered a Rogers Sim on Ebay to do the same on my ATT Q10.

Do we first have to get the phone unlocked before inserting the Rogers Sim? If so, any recommendations for where to go online?

I'm in Orlando using AT&T - will Rogers be picked up here?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 11:39 AM
    Only one site I trust and used on three phones: two Z10s and now this Q10:

http://www.gsmliberty.net/shop/att-u...es-p-3531.html

I do not get any kind of kick back for this info. Just trying to help others out. Unlock first, then use SIM swap. The code can take up to a day to reach email.

MrVeda likes this.
    02-13-14 12:52 PM
56 123