Got my VZW Q this past Friday (pre-order went flawlessly!), however I have a few questions that I was hoping you fellow crackberrians can assist with. While I have been on this forum for years as a "browser" - it seems that with the arrival of the Q i'll be posting much more as of late.

1. it appears the Q has a lag when sending text messages. From the initial sending action to when the message appears in the text thread is sometimes pushing 5-6 seconds. While this is not an eternity, compared with the 9930, that device was instant. Can anyone speak to this?

2. while on voice calls (4GLTE) I have had at least 15 dropped calls in the past 3 days saying (dont quote me) "The network is unavailable...." I never had this many drops with the 9930 over the 2 years I had it and never got this message as well. 4 to 5 bars on the Q; is this network or hardware?

3. I've noticed my battery isn't on pace to last me near as long as what most members are seeing, as well as the batt door getting quite warm. Not hot by any means, but definitely warm. I'm not heavy on the social media AT ALL. I've got Skype/WhatsApp running and that's really about it. Is this due to the "break in period" of the battery or something else?

I apologize if I didn't leave enough system detail for a proper answer. I am currently running OS 10.1.0.2038.

Thanks!
    06-09-13 03:36 PM
    1. I don't have any lag at all. It is instant.
    2. I have the T-Mobile variant but for me, no dropped calls yet or unavailable network.
    3. Battery door does get warm during the break in period or if I use Blackberry Maps for a long time but that is to be expected. So if you're running skype, I'd expect it to get warm. My HTC One, Nexus 4 and Note 2 all get warm when I use navigation, skype or anything that is intensive.

I'm currently running 10.1.0.273. Haven't used any leaked OS yet.
    06-09-13 03:54 PM
    dahhbears,

Thanks for the reply. I'm still using out-of-the-box software and OS as well. The most annoying this is the text message delay. The dropped calls appear to only happen in a certain area - so it might be 4GLTE coverage (although shouldn't the phone revert to 3G automatically?)

I'll report back if I can get a fix.
    06-09-13 04:09 PM
    Its a *cough* terrible phone! The Q10 is awful! I feel bad for you, so I'm going to help you out. I'll trade you a mint Verizon Z10 (black or white) for your sub-par Q10. Message me and let me help you.
    06-09-13 05:41 PM
    let me *cough* think about it. I'll *cough* get back to you. ; )
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-09-13 05:53 PM
    Im on Verizon as well, using fresh out of the box software like yourself, and I am not experiencing any lag with my my text messages. My phone was a little laggy when I first added my accounts (FB and emails) but that is just because everything was still syncing with the phone, but after about an hour, and one battery pull everything has been perfect over here. Amazing battery life and never got hot yet, and I am a very heavy user. Hope it works out for you
    dahhbears,

Thanks for the reply. I'm still using out-of-the-box software and OS as well. The most annoying this is the text message delay. The dropped calls appear to only happen in a certain area - so it might be 4GLTE coverage (although shouldn't the phone revert to 3G automatically?)

I'll report back if I can get a fix.
    06-09-13 08:39 PM
    Both Skype and WhatsApp are very laggy/demanding apps, and I would expect would heat up the device and use more power than things that are not continuously communicating.

Skype is also a ported Android app, and Android apps are not optimal on Blackberry 10 devices for a number of reasons. They can only use one core of the dual-core CPU, they cannot use hardware video acceleration, and they are running under an old version of Android OS, for starters.

You can blame Microsoft for being too lazy to make a native app.
    06-10-13 04:06 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. It seems the phone has settled in quite nicely overnight (let's hope I didn't speak too soon). Although I still have the issue of opening text messages and it "entering MMS mode" everytime! The lag when sending texts still exists as well.

I don't know what gives, maybe hardware? Sigh.
    06-10-13 07:08 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. It seems the phone has settled in quite nicely overnight (let's hope I didn't speak too soon). Although I still have the issue of opening text messages and it "entering MMS mode" everytime! The lag when sending texts still exists as well.

Yep, sometimes they do take a while to sync everything.

The text delays could simply be because the phone is busy doing other things in the background.
    06-10-13 07:29 AM

See!?! I told you it was full of bugs! Just let me know when you're ready and I'll sacrifice a beautifully flawless mint condition Z10 and trade you straight up.

Via Zeppelin 10
    06-10-13 07:36 AM
    When I text, a get a screen saying "Entering MMS Mode" that pops up. It does not interfere with the texting and goes away in a few seconds...what does it mean?
    08-21-13 06:27 AM
    I have the phone for about 6 weeks not and still get that text lag. Very annoying. Others here have as well. I have read some posters who believe that it only happens to those who backed up and restored their old text messages using blackberry link
    08-21-13 06:33 AM