hey guys since i just recently bought a second hand 9900 and hating due to the fact the apps need bb service

I was wondering will the BB Q10 " OS 10 " need to have a BB service to make instant messaging apps work ?

what i mean like will it be more like android ? im not restricted to have any BB service or what so over
    03-29-13 03:46 AM
    As far as I'm aware as long as you have a data plan, it will work on a BB10 device. It doesn't have to be a BlackBerry data service as in previous devices.
    03-29-13 05:00 AM
    What you mean is BIS - Blackberry Internet Service. To make a long stoty very short:
    No, with BB10 OS based devices, like the Q10 is, you don't need BIS or a fitting dataplan. The new devices behave like every other smartphone, be it Android based or iPhone. So you are ready to go with any "common" dataplan.
    Salue likes this.
    03-29-13 05:03 AM
    Sweet and are the apps instant messgeners apps on it stable unlike blackberry os 7?
    03-29-13 05:16 AM
    I have a few questions too:

1. Is the amoled screen pentile?
    2. Is the bottom part beneath the keyboard plastic or metal?
    3. Is there an option to remove suggested words when typing to save screen space?
    4. How bright is the LED notification did they use a better quality than 9900?
    5. Why oh why didn't blackberry put in a magnetic charge port like playbook?
    6. Can you make phone calls with the device? (videos prove otherwise)
    7. Does the q10 have GLONASS?
    8. Does the rear casing feel like glass or soft matte material?
    9. Where's Waldo?
    10. Thank you for reading this far.
    03-29-13 05:32 AM
    3.yes you can,that was said in one of the vids
    mona5804 likes this.
    03-29-13 05:36 AM
    1) no
    2) plastic
    3) yes
    4) unknown
    5) dont know (because they must provide microUSB in EU)?
    6) ;-)
    7) no
    8) more soft than glass
    9) who? ;-)
    10) youre welcome

Regards,

Chris
    mona5804 likes this.
    03-29-13 07:34 AM
    1) no

Regards,

Chris
    Where did you get that information regarding the AMOLED screen not using a pentile-matrix? There have been two high-quality pics floating around the web where you could almost tell with 99% guarantee the screen features pentile. As of now I also could not find any official words against pentile, while there are no official statements it would be a pentile display, Blackberry also doesn't deny it.
    The display type of the AMOLED also matches Samsungs production - all Super AMOLED seem have a pentile-matrix.
    03-29-13 08:51 AM
    The information is pure: as fare as I know - I haven't found any confirmation that it uses pentile... But maybe I'm wrong, we will see...
    03-29-13 01:45 PM
    Great information on this thread, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:43 PM
    1. Is the amoled screen pentile? it's penile
    2. Is the bottom part beneath the keyboard plastic or metal? it's wood, mahogany
    3. Is there an option to remove suggested words when typing to save screen space? you have to learn the banishing ritual first
    4. How bright is the LED notification did they use a better quality than 9900? this one has a spotlight
    5. Why oh why didn't blackberry put in a magnetic charge port like playbook? because they didn't
    6. Can you make phone calls with the device? (videos prove otherwise) it works telepathically only
    7. Does the q10 have GLONASS? no but it has a kahonas
    8. Does the rear casing feel like glass or soft matte material? it's velvet with crushed glass for better grip
    9. Where's Waldo? he's out buying a q10
    10. Thank you for reading this far. sure. I had fun
    03-30-13 12:56 PM
    Guys I also wanted to ask can i put my emails on blackberry q10/ blackberry os 10 with out having the BB service " BIS " or what ever its called ? like i want to put my hotmail outlook gmail yahoo emails for me to read and delete and sync and so on

do i need to have a BIS/ BB Service plan ?
    03-31-13 12:50 AM
    Guys I also wanted to ask can i put my emails on blackberry q10/ blackberry os 10 with out having the BB service " BIS " or what ever its called ? like i want to put my hotmail outlook gmail yahoo emails for me to read and delete and sync and so on

do i need to have a BIS/ BB Service plan ?
    Yes, you can. BB10 based devices now work like "any other" smartphone with a common dataplan. So you won't need any BB specific options in your contract to have internet, mails and IM working on either Q10, Z10 or any other future BB10 based device.
    Salue likes this.
    03-31-13 03:52 AM