Hello all,

Is there a fast scroll functionality in contacts app. With many contacts it's quite a hassle to get to the 'M' or 'Z'. For example, In iOS you have a AZ bar on the right... there must be something similar in BB10..

Thanks in advance, Maarten
    07-25-13 03:19 AM
    I don't miss this feature, because I start typing the name on the keyboard !
    Calimero1987 likes this.
    07-25-13 05:00 AM
    Well, that does require one to know the spelling of the name. Typing 'm' gives you all the names containing an 'm', not those starting with one.
    07-26-13 03:01 AM
    BlackBerry 10 has this. It has a bar on the right side. A-Z.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    07-26-13 03:12 AM
    That's interesting because I don't see it in the Q10. Is it a setting somewhere perhaps?
    07-26-13 03:16 AM
    BlackBerry 10 has this. It has a bar on the right side. A-Z.

Posted via BlackBerry 10

Only Z - not Q
    southlander likes this.
    07-26-13 03:28 AM
    Only Z - not Q
    Interesting. I have never used the Q. Did not know that. Bummer.

But on the Q10 you should be able to just type a letter on the physical keyboard and jump to those names. Hence there should be no need for this feature.
    07-26-13 03:31 AM
    I woould like this feature too!

Sometimes when I'm bored I like to hit up random people I haven't contacted in awhile so a faster scrolling would be very useful for me!
    07-26-13 04:29 AM
    But on the Q10 you should be able to just type a letter on the physical keyboard and jump to those names.
    Unless there is a setting somewhere to change that behaviour, doing that lists the contact names containing that particular letter, not starting with. Obviously that still can be an extensive list. Of course, you can specify more letters, but than you need to be sure how to spell that particular name, which isn't always the case.
    07-26-13 09:12 AM
    Yes. I see your point. Point taken. Sounds like a good feedback tidbit for someone to file with BlackBerry. I doubt they would think of it.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    07-26-13 09:21 PM
    Maybe coz it will take more screeen size. While pressing the contacts first few letters works.

SQN 100-1 os 10.1.0.4687
    07-26-13 09:27 PM
    Unless there is a setting somewhere to change that behaviour, doing that lists the contact names containing that particular letter, not starting with. Obviously that still can be an extensive list. Of course, you can specify more letters, but than you need to be sure how to spell that particular name, which isn't always the case.
    If you set the contacts yourself how would you not know how you spelled and saved it as???
    07-26-13 09:27 PM
    @BlowTinO

Perhaps it would be for example a contact pulled from Facebook, not user entered.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    07-26-13 09:33 PM
    If you set the contacts yourself how would you not know how you spelled and saved it as???
    With 1000+ contacts and countries not using Latin alphabet, conversion from non-Latin alphabet might in some cases result in different spellings. Often the bearer of such a name has a preference on how to spell it in Latin characters, which translates to different spellings in my contact list . . . . Well, in addition the point provided by @southlander. I hope I've made my point...
    07-27-13 01:09 AM
    With 1000+ contacts and countries not using Latin alphabet, conversion from non-Latin alphabet might in some cases result in different spellings. Often the bearer of such a name has a preference on how to spell it in Latin characters, which translates to different spellings in my contact list . . . . Well, in addition the point provided by @southlander. I hope I've made my point...
    Now imagine you have 6000+ contacts.....

On the 9650 9900 in OS 5 OS 6 OS & you could type lets say Mary ashley. It would go to the first person. Then you would push the clear button and it would stay there.

On the Q10 if I type Mary Ashley it goes to mary. So then you delete and it goes back to the top. This is getting REALLY annoying.
    09-03-13 10:15 AM