Hi

I just got my Q10. I know facebook app is built-in. I havent login facebook with the facebook app yet. I was wondering. Can anyone tell me if facebook will let me choose if I want to sync my BB contact with facebook before it finish login or will it sync right the way like Skype in Q10. I dont want to end up sync all my Q10 contacts into facebook. anyone any advise?

Thx
    07-09-13 08:09 AM
    Facebook will sync your Facebook friends automatically. However, you can remove Facebook from your contacts in the Contacts app.
    07-09-13 10:04 AM
    Yes there are options in the app to not sync contacts and events etc!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 10:27 AM
    Yes there are options in the app to not sync contacts and events etc!

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure even if you unselect friends it still syncs them. Then you have to hide them in your contact. And it'll add pics from fb to contacts you already had on your phone that did not have a picture.
    07-09-13 12:45 PM
    I have had the BB Q10 for not even 24 hrs and am just 1 hr away from returning it simply because of the Facebook. I have been searching forums all over the internet and have exhausted all solutions and still no fix.

Here's the issue.
    1. FB friends names and pix appearing in contacts
    2. FB friends appearing in the "To" dropdown within SMS/MMS\
    3. FB friends are appearing in search results

What I have done:
    1. Uninstalled App. Reinstalled. Upon setting up account, turned "off" all options (Find Friends, Notifications, etc.). Unselected FB in the Hub. Unselected "applications" from Search settings. Friends still appear in search and SMS

2. Hard reset of phone. Did not import contacts from SIM this time (figured maybe that was the issue). Set up FB acct and turned off all options in step #1. Friends still appear in search (sans pix) and search. When I start typing a letter, let's say "L" all friends with that last name appear and beneath the name it says "Contacts" however how can this be if there are NO contacts listed in the Contacts App???!!! Mind you, i have installed NOTHING else on the phone. No texts, no phone numbers saved, nothing.

3. After seeing that they still appear in SMS and Search, I log out of FB and BAM that fixed the problem. However this is unacceptable.

This means that FB can not run in the background as intended, rather you would have to log out each and every time you check FB. The problem is clearly with the FB app on BB and it automatically installing all friends to your contacts >how is this if they don't appear in the contacts app? No clue. This is a problem for me because I don't talk to my 425 friends on a daily basis and therefore do not want them to appear in my SMS and Search drop downs.

Is this a straight up bug or is there a step I am missing? This is a def deal breaker. As much as I NEED the physical keyboard this screw up is enough reason to give up on BB.
    09-19-13 01:39 PM