Hi all,

When I'm using fb chat and try to attach picture to the conversation, I cannot select any other images apart from my camera photos. After pressing "binder" icon, Pictures browser opens up but I am unable to find neither screenshots nor other downloaded images.

However, when I open "Pictures" from main screen menu, all images shows up correctly.

I am using Q10 SQN100-3 OS 10.2.1.2102, fb app version 10.4.0.14

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 04:25 PM
    Hi all,

When I'm using fb chat and try to attach picture to the conversation, I cannot select any other images apart from my camera photos. After pressing "binder" icon, Pictures browser opens up but I am unable to find neither screenshots nor other downloaded images.

However, when I open "Pictures" from main screen menu, all images shows up correctly.

I am using Q10 SQN100-3 OS 10.2.1.2102, fb app version 10.4.0.14

Posted via CB10
    I noticed this issue as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to recognize any pictures other than those taken with the camera, regardless of being in the correct directory for screenshots and whatnot. If anyone has a work around or fix, I'd be interested as well.
    04-23-14 12:02 AM
    I believe it is happening because the Facebook app no longer recognizes the .png file extensions. To get around this just change the image that you want to send to .jpg and they will then show up when you want to sent them. Hopefully BlackBerry will fix this and allow for the other file extensions to be seen as it was in the past.
    04-23-14 12:55 AM
    Do you know any app for image format conversion?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 07:27 AM
    I just change them myself by going into the file manager. Once I'm in there I find the image I want and then go into the images properties and change the extension to .jpg or .jpeg (either will work).

After that the new version of Facebook will then see it and you can send it. It's real easy to change.
    04-25-14 12:42 AM
    Thank you for your answer. However:

- in File Manager there is no such option as file Properties (I see only Move/Copy/Share/Set As)

- in Image Browser, Properties are accessible but it is impossible to modify file extension (only name can be changed)

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 01:19 AM
    1. Open your file manager and navigate to the folder that has the image you want to change the name on and open the folder (in this case mine is in documents).

Attachment 265814

2. Tap the overflow tab on the bottom right (the 3 dot one).

Attachment 265806

3. Tap the select tab.

Attachment 265807

4. Tap the image you want to change the file name on (it will put a blue edge around the image).

Attachment 265808

5. Tap the properties tab (it's the one with four horizontal lines).

Attachment 265809

6. It will open a new page. From there just tap the pencil looking icon on the bottom.

Attachment 265810

7. That will open another Window with the files name inside of it. From here you can just change the 3 letters after the period to either jpg or jpeg and then just hit rename (you will see a popup saying the file may be unusable and if you are sure, just tap yes) and then tap the done tab up top.

Attachment 265811

Attachment 265812

Attachment 265813

8. From there you can close the file manager or just go to the Facebook app and the image will be visible to send.

It's actually very easy to change the extension. If you want you can even change the whole name of the image just make sure to have the .jpg or .jpeg after whatever you decide to name it for Facebook to see it.
    hoangtho892 likes this.
    04-25-14 11:10 PM