This is even worse.. finally Releasing a phone, and still don't say when it will be availlable in your country.. That is holding a cookie in front of my dog (for almost 2,5 years by then) and still not giving it.. AAAAAAAAAAAHH

Please RIM i mean Blackberry.. Don't let me wait for my Q10 til March/April/May in want it now! I WANT IT ALL!

My country is The Netherlands by the way!
    Last edited by Bart kouwenberg; 01-30-13 at 06:53 PM. Reason: incomplete
    01-30-13 06:51 PM
    Plus one!!!!
    My country is Mexico by the way....
    01-30-13 07:08 PM
    No word from Australia either
    01-30-13 08:56 PM
    INDIA!!!!!!
    01-30-13 09:37 PM
    No word around here in germany either. I guess many Q10 fans are rather disappointed by this expected release timeframe.
    01-30-13 10:21 PM
    I am seriously not even getting my hopes up about having a Q10 until May. That's what I've put in my mind, because BlackBerry said April. So if it's earlier than May, I will be pleasantly surprised. But it concerns me greatly that the videos of the Q10 today were only of BlackBerry employees showing the interviewer around some basic things. That to me was a huge red flag, and was eerily reminiscent of September 2010, when Mike Lazaridis showed off the PlayBook, and the PlayBook was on display after the announcement, but ONLY in glass casing, as the PlayBook ran a demo video. No one could touch it, no one could hold it, but we could all just drool over it.

It was released 7 months later, in April 2011.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-31-13 12:44 AM
    What happened at all the other launches?? Big tv screens???
    01-31-13 12:58 AM
    It is kind of a shock when you realize how many countries were shut out. I'd rather see the phones released all at once - at least in the same month.
    Blacklatino and Spencerdl like this.
    01-31-13 01:48 AM
    Late April / May...that is sad! I think this was a horribly planned launch....How can you present products and say that they are perhaps available 3 months later? That is an eternity in the phone market cycle. And the Z10 is only available in 3 countries, the others follow in 2 months! Will it be the same with the Q10? Available in April for UK and Canada; for EU and US in July?

Also the issue of pricing is annoying. I understand that each provider has their own pricing, but it was nice to have an idea how much it cost off contract.

I already have a tough time explaining that to the blackberry users in our company....
    01-31-13 05:06 AM
    Completely agree.. This delay in actual launch is very poor on rims side of things. They delayed the announcement alone enough as it was now this. Like an above poster said a couple months is an eternity in the mobile market. Very disappointed considering that we didnt really see too much more than what we already knew pretty much meaning we are still just waiting and waiting. If you look at other companies (apple ,Samsung) they announce a product and its on the shelves within a month absolute maximum.. You'd think rim would of learnt this from those companies. Unfortunately not. Nevertheless ill be trading my isheep 5 for a q10 but I can't help but be upset with rim making me and everyone else wait another few months on top of the already huge wait

It's worse to announce a product prematurely then have a huge wait for the product to hit the shelves than to just delay the announcement until a time where they can safely release the handsets a couple weeks after
    zeteo likes this.
    01-31-13 05:52 AM
    Its not BlackBerry's (thats goona take some time to get used to) fault. It's upto the carriers when phones get released

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-31-13 06:00 AM
    Like everyone posted in here I'm also disappointed in the availability of the q10, or lack thereof in this case. Love the hardware of both phones and very excited about blackberry 10 but the wait is just a little unacceptable. I guess if reviews thus far have been stellar (which it hasn't) then perhaps it's a little easier to wait. But so far it's been a little mixed and seems to me the consensus is that its just above average overall.

Sure it's 6-8 weeks away til anyone in the states get a hold of it but considering the anticipation and importance of this moment to blackberry, it really is like d�j� vu - granted with totally new stuff.

I'm still excited for this because I'm always looking forward to trying new things especially mobile and general computing. My current phone will hold me over no problem for a while. Just thought I'd be able to see for myself what blackberry can do given how much time they've had and what this meant to them.
    01-31-13 06:11 AM
    Not the blackberry fault, but the carrier? Okay, so explain me how apple, for example, do to make akeynot and launch their phones some days/weeks later?
    We get a keynote where many things where hidden. Launch date for Canada, UK, maybe US, only for z10... What about price? What about date for EU? What about Q10?
    Keynote was just like: ok, there are our phones that you have seen before. You'll see by yourself the price and launch date when your carrier will bring it to you. We present just one phone, you'll wait for the second, and of course we don't speak about PB.
    I'll buy q10 of course, but this keynote happened to early, blackberry wasn't really ready IMO
    zeteo and MetalxAssassinx like this.
    01-31-13 06:34 AM
    01-31-13 06:46 AM
    Can anyone say catastrophe .....thats what I think about this release of BB10
    Blacklatino and zeteo like this.
    01-31-13 06:52 AM
    I was so eager to watch the keynote and get one of the shiny new BB 10 devices a few days/weeks later. So far, I have not watch the keynote but if I sum up all the threads, posts and snippets it gives me the impression that it was still too early for a launch. If you keep someone in suspense for so long you definitely have to come up with a result people/ potential customers can lay there hands on soon after, not moths after. The wait is not over, it is still ongoing and this makes me
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-31-13 07:27 AM
    Must be carrier related. Otherwise nobody can tell me that I can get mine tomorrow (UK) but nobody else can. Sorry but someone else must have messed something up there....
    01-31-13 07:28 AM
    Because I was talking about the Q10. Here in the Q10 section..
    01-31-13 07:47 AM
    Because I was talking about the Q10. Here in the Q10 section..
    Well then...be patient. BB never announced the Q10 would be available along with the Z10.
    01-31-13 08:58 AM
    Well then...be patient. BB never announced the Q10 would be available along with the Z10.
    thats right, they never told us a date, only that the Q10 would be released close behind the Z10. The problem is, the delay started allmost one year ago. And 3 months is not 'Close behind' imo
    jdhooghe and Spencerdl like this.
    01-31-13 09:15 AM
    Watching Blackberry promises/releases and "understanding" it much better, a few month ago I signed a two year contract for a new 9900.

I'm hoping to see a "new" Blackberry device on the shelves when my contract is due to renewal.

01-31-13 12:39 PM
    Throw us, the long-term supporters, a bone for waiting longer and package a ton of accessories (bluetooth speaker, bluetooth headset, microhdmi cable, spare battery and charger, premium holster, music gateway???) with the Q's release.
    MetalxAssassinx likes this.
    01-31-13 01:23 PM
    Words cant express how much I hate Blackberry for this.
    Its appauling, I know Z10 was the flagship its been clear for a while but I was expecting this to be out at the same time frame even If it took a backseat.
    They're really trying to grab the Iphone & Touchscreen Android market.
    Spencerdl and zeteo like this.
    01-31-13 01:39 PM
    LOL. I missed the whole launch, but, from what I'm seeing, I didn't miss much at all. So the big surprise was? Please don't say the release delay for the carriers in the US.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-31-13 01:47 PM
    A big surprise ? Hum... Alicia Keys try to convince us that she really work for Blackberry. I think that's all that we didn't know before this keynote.
    Or maybe the launch only for the UK (why UK?) And the reste of the world have to wait... I'm waiting for a year, i know how to do.
    01-31-13 02:42 PM
28 12