Is it possible to hide the letters of a password, when entered? Currently every single letter is shown for a short time on the screen, which i want to avoid...

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 03:58 AM
    When you enter password, you can see an eye icon on the right side of the text box. If the letters are showing, that icon is colored in blue (enable) click/tap on that so that it would turn black (disable) by then when you type you will only see asterisk, or bullet not letters.
    10-22-13 05:51 AM
    Yes, that's in the settings, i should have been more precise. I am referring to the browser...

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 08:14 AM
    Oh, just checked. In the settings the same thing happens. The letter shows up for like a second and then changes to a dot, but i just want to have a dot and no letter at all..

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 08:16 AM
    Here I thought that was an improvement from previous phones. Nothing I hate worse then not seeing what I typed for a password. Do you have people staring at your phone while you type password?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 08:28 AM
    Oh.. sorry, I didn't know the answer to that then.. let's just wait for the expert to comment..

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 09:20 AM
    As every letter is shown i have to check, "the totally hidden way" would be more comfortable for me, because i hardly miss letters...

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 11:28 AM
    Sorry for the thread necromancy but I wanted to confirm that this was still not possible. I just moved from a Bold 9900 to the Passport last night and the visible password character was the first annoyance that I experienced. I couldn't find a setting and since, I have zero BB 10 experience, I wanted to make sure that there was actually no way to make password entry all asterisks. Thanks.
    09-28-14 01:14 PM
    kkriska explains it quite well...
    09-28-14 02:00 PM
    Sorry for the thread necromancy but I wanted to confirm that this was still not possible. I just moved from a Bold 9900 to the Passport last night and the visible password character was the first annoyance that I experienced. I couldn't find a setting and since, I have zero BB 10 experience, I wanted to make sure that there was actually no way to make password entry all asterisks. Thanks.
    Your assumption is correct. There is NO way, at present, to force hide all characters when entering passwords. I too would like to force hide every character in a password field, but chances are this will never become an option.

Posted via Q10
    09-28-14 02:36 PM
    Type faster. The letters hide immediately when the next character is input.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 02:44 PM