Morning all, me and my son were testing the picture password thing and got to attempt 6 at which point I was going to do the correct one and start again. But it has now gone from the picture password and asks "enter device password".

The thing is that I haven't entered one and can't find any details of a default one.

I really thing it should not say you have 10 attempts if you have 5 and then the input system changes. I am away on business and need some critical files. Any help would be appreciated
    10-24-14 04:17 AM
    Morning all, me and my son were testing the picture password thing and got to attempt 6 at which point I was going to do the correct one and start again. But it has now gone from the picture password and asks "enter device password".

The thing is that I haven't entered one and can't find any details of a default one.

I really thing it should not say you have 10 attempts if you have 5 and then the input system changes. I am away on business and need some critical files. Any help would be appreciated
    When you enable picture password in settings, you also set a normal password incase you forget the picture password. You need to try and remember your password because if you don't, and get 10 attempts wrong your device will wipe and you'll lose all data within the phones memory.

I really don't know the solution to your issue. Maybe try a hard reboot by holding the vol+ and vol- down button simultaneously and possibly when your phone restarts it'll ask for your picture password again and if you know that, you may be able to access your phone aswell.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 04:47 AM
    Just liike Azzlan said.

Before you even got the chance to try and use picture password, you are prompted to set a device password.
    This is the exact password you are being asked to enter now.
    If you cannot remember it, then you will have to loose all the data stored on your device.
    So take enough time to think back to when you set the picture password, what was the password you had to enter.(figures or alphabets or alphanumeric).
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-24-14 04:53 AM
    If you have BlackBerry Protect enabled on the phone, go to a PC, log into BlackBerry protect using the BlackBerryID on the phone. In protect you can change the password for the phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 05:22 AM
    Just trying now, thanks for the answer I was just about to try my 10th and final password.
    10-24-14 05:29 AM
    Well thanks for your answers, I tried it via BlackberryConnect but because I had to enter the current password to change it it counted as my 10th attempt and now I'm sat next to my phone watching the shred icon whilst it deletes all of my photos of my 3 month house renovation and some work information which means I now have to write off a week of my life to do again.

I'll tell you now, there are loads of posts over the internet of this password not being set and the fact I couldn't use the picture makes me feel sick as I thought I had plenty of goes left.

Well, that's the initial warm fuzzy feeling I had about this phone well and truly poured water on.
    10-24-14 05:37 AM
    A pity you had to go loose those photos.
    Just a tip for next time. Get an SD card and always save your media on it. Photos, videos, music, docs, apks, etc as long as they can be saved on the SD card.
    For me, I only have apps and apps data on my device memory, so I'm not really bothered as I can always get back the apps from blackberry world and for the apps data, I don't mind starting all over.
    For contacts, there are several apps that can help back them up as well as your text messages, emails can always sync by itself once you set it up.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-24-14 05:55 AM
    Call me skeptical, but how does someone set a password and not even know they set one up? Stolen phone maybe? Found it maybe? There's a reason BlackBerry has this security - so people can't steal your phone and hack into it. It's always someone who just registered five minutes ago here that comes looking for a way to bypass the security. Looking for a way to break into someone else's phone....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10.
    joewoo likes this.
    10-24-14 07:45 AM
    Well thanks for your answers, I tried it via BlackberryConnect but because I had to enter the current password to change it it counted as my 10th attempt and now I'm sat next to my phone watching the shred icon whilst it deletes all of my photos of my 3 month house renovation and some work information which means I now have to write off a week of my life to do again.

I'll tell you now, there are loads of posts over the internet of this password not being set and the fact I couldn't use the picture makes me feel sick as I thought I had plenty of goes left.

Well, that's the initial warm fuzzy feeling I had about this phone well and truly poured water on.

Are you sure you tried the web site, BlackBerry Protect? I just checked and if you log into the below website with your BlackBerryID, you can change the password on the phone.

BlackBerry Protect Login - Download BlackBerry Protect and Sign In - US
    10-24-14 08:02 AM
    Stop it, it asked you for a backup password and you forgot it. It's as simple as that.
    NtotheK likes this.
    10-24-14 08:04 AM

I had the same thing happen. Asked the same question and all I got from here was you don't know your password, how do you forget your password, I'm skeptical, but you must have stolen the phone, ect. Yeah that really helps! Now I am running my phone unlocked because it wipes the device after the 10th try.
    Do you have one drive or equivalent? Your pictures should be there if you do.
    Good luck.
    10-24-14 08:10 AM
    one of the reasons why I'm moving to the samsung note4 is because of the password lock, which became mandatory 8 alpha numberic when I set it up for BES for my work email.
    Now every time I have to use the phone I have to type the 8 digit password just open it

Now that Apple and Samsung have the fingerprint reader as much as I love the Q10 keyboard, the fingerprint reader makes a huge difference for active use.

I upgraded to the iphone6+ from a 5 on Verizon and just received my note4 to replace the q10 which I'll do when I get setup on Goodlink again.

I'd wait for the Passport but I don;t see any hint of Verizon moving forward with that phone, kind of like how they got rid of the Z30 just before I bought the Q10.

The other benefit is the pen which means I don't have to keep cleaning my screen from dirty fingerprints like I have to do with all my other touch screen devices.

I love my Q10 and perhaps the classic/passport would solve my problem but for now samsung and the iphone will have to suffice.

too bad
    10-24-14 08:19 AM
    Now I am running my phone unlocked because it wipes the device after the 10th try.
    I'm sorry to say that, but it's really stupid. Set a new password, only 4 digits if you like. Password can be very short because you have only 10 tries before a security wipe. There is 0,02% chance to find a 4 digits password in 10 tries.
    Then activate Picture Password, because it's the most secure and quickest way to login, all phone OS considered.
    10-24-14 08:26 AM
    one of the reasons why I'm moving to the samsung note4 is because of the password lock, which became mandatory 8 alpha numberic when I set it up for BES for my work email.
    Now every time I have to use the phone I have to type the 8 digit password just open it

Now that Apple and Samsung have the fingerprint reader as much as I love the Q10 keyboard, the fingerprint reader makes a huge difference for active use.
    will have to suffice.

too bad
    I think the 8 digit password is set by your IT admin. Our BES admin set ours to 4. Also, are you certain you'll be able to use fingerprint pw for your unlock? Your IT may have a similar 8-character requirement for ActiveSync.

10-24-14 08:26 AM
    I'm sorry to say that, but it's really stupid. Set a new password, only 4 digits if you like. Password can be very short because you have only 10 tries before a security wipe. There is 0,02% chance to find a 4 digits password in 10 tries.
    Then activate Picture Password, because it's the most secure and quickest way to login, all phone OS considered.
    Hmmmm, maybe but having your device wiped all the time sucks. Yes I have tried a four digit and still wipes the device. Hence unlocked.
    10-24-14 08:36 AM
    Another way to backup your photos if you don't want to lose them is set up Box to automatically sync/upload all pictures. It will automatically do it each time you take a picture. You can also set it to only upload using Wifi.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 08:37 AM
    I have an idea. Save your passwords right after you make them somewhere. Then you can find the one you forgot and won't have to wipe your phone.
    10-24-14 08:41 AM
    I have an idea. Save your passwords right after you make them somewhere. Then you can find the one you forgot and won't have to wipe your phone.
    Exactly the help I was talking about!
    10-24-14 08:54 AM
    This is bogus. Don't steal people's phones. I just set up picture pw and before you can even choose a picture to use, you have to enter the typed password. If you didn't have a pw at all, you would have to create one by entering twice then entering again when turning on picture pw. So, there's no way to even turn on the feature without knowing the typed password. Incredible people steal a phone then come here loking for ways around security. It's secure because it won't let you bypass it. Duh!

10-24-14 01:19 PM
    This is bogus. Don't steal people's phones. I just set up picture pw and before you can even choose a picture to use, you have to enter the typed password. If you didn't have a pw at all, you would have to create one by entering twice then entering again when turning on picture pw. So, there's no way to even turn on the feature without knowing the typed password. Incredible people steal a phone then come here loking for ways around security. It's secure because it won't let you bypass it. Duh!

Yeah, I stole my Q10 and have the invoice to prove it. Password works for awhile then doesn't and wipes the devices. My guess if it was stolen I'm not going to get it to work at all.
    10-24-14 02:53 PM

I upgraded to the iphone6+ from a 5 on Verizon and just received my note4 to replace the q10 which I'll do when I get setup on Goodlink again.

I'd wait for the Passport but I don;t see any hint of Verizon moving forward with that phone, kind of like how they got rid of the Z30 just before I bought the Q10.

The other benefit is the pen which means I don't have to keep cleaning my screen from dirty fingerprints like I have to do with all my other touch screen devices.

I love my Q10 and perhaps the classic/passport would solve my problem but for now samsung and the iphone will have to suffice.

too bad
    Until you cut your finger. Your finger print can always change lol

Posted via Q10RR
    10-24-14 07:34 PM
    Are you really saying that you cannot remember a four or eight character password? Really? My name has eight letters. If I were like that, I would not be able to spell my name!

Posted with my BlackBerry Z10!
    10-24-14 07:46 PM

Make sure you remember your next password!
    10-24-14 09:30 PM
    Take it easy, people! Sometimes the OP's can have a bad short term memory (I know I do!). No need to flame, BlackBerry owners should be more mature than that :P
    10-25-14 08:44 AM
    Yeah, I stole my Q10 and have the invoice to prove it. Password works for awhile then doesn't and wipes the devices. My guess if it was stolen I'm not going to get it to work at all.
    This is by design, the password is supposed to protect your info not the device itself, if you get your device stolen you have to report it so it gets blocked by IMEI.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 10:00 AM
27 12