Is there any way to get emails to default to screen width to avoid having to scroll fro side to side to read everything?
    06-06-13 04:45 AM
    That I believe is due to the format. If you turn to html emails, it should revert to the old way

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 05:34 AM
    I have never used any other kind as far as I know. Where would I look to check that though?
    06-06-13 06:09 AM
    I don't believe that OS10 is doing enough to manage & format received emails. The font displays at the size specified by the sender, which isn't acceptable for a mobile device, and as the OP stated, some emails will render wider than the Q10 display. I'm on my 2nd day with the Q10 and mostly love it, but the way it's rendering emails is very unsatisfactory.
    latarnik and Harry_III_UK like this.
    06-06-13 08:53 AM
    Try pinch to zoom out or double tap

Posted via CB10
    Willeonabe likes this.
    06-06-13 09:33 AM
    Pinch to zoom fixes it for me. It has to do with the format the emails are sent in.

JB
    06-06-13 11:48 AM
    It's the same on Z10 too, and a minor pet peeve for me.

They should default to screen width, and let you zoom in when & if you want to.

I find pinching much more effective than a double tap, which often ends up opening an embedded link for me instead of the intended zoom out effect.
    06-06-13 12:07 PM
    That I believe is due to the format. If you turn to html emails, it should revert to the old way

Posted via CB10
    How do you turn off HTML emails? I can't see that setting like the old BBOS phones had.

Pinch to zoom or double tap doesn't work for me, as the text becomes to small.

Incidentally the problematic emails seem to come from people that use third party, web based software.
    Last edited by robsteve; 06-06-13 at 02:29 PM.
    06-06-13 12:48 PM
    I miss my old bb

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
    06-06-13 01:25 PM
    Sorry I miss spoke, html off is no longer an option. I naturally just double tap and it brings it into zoom.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 03:11 PM
    I miss my old bb

Wow, I don't.

I have a feature or three that I miss, granted.
    Whatever minor features I'd like to tweak, still so much better on BB10. Hands down.
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    06-06-13 06:24 PM
    Wow, I don't.

I have a feature or three that I miss, granted.
    Whatever minor features I'd like to tweak, still so much better on BB10. Hands down.
    I mis BIS and e mail compression
    I miss auto bcc me
    I miss when my BB auto turn off and on
    I miss when alarm turn on my device
    I miss.........

06-07-13 03:54 AM
    I miss auto bcc me
    The only one we agree on, out of your examples anyway.

This is how you CB10, son!
    06-07-13 05:26 AM
    Pinch to zoom will get it to the size you require - It's another action but usually all mails fit the default screen size :-)
    06-07-13 05:33 AM
    Pinch to zoom will get it to the size you require - It's another action but usually all mails fit the default screen size :-)
    Another action, yes.

But numerous extra (and aggravation) once you factor in accidentally closing emails when pinch to zoom swipes it closed unintentionally.

This is how you CB10, son!
    06-08-13 01:54 PM
    What purpose does auto bcc me serve if you can just go to sent emails and see the email there anyways?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 04:59 PM
    It's annoying because if BB needed to get one thing right, it's email. As a business device, I don't want to putz around scrolling right and left just to read a simple email.
    Here's the confirmation email from BlackBerry travel.

How it looks like on my Z10

How it looks like on the GS3
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    06-08-13 05:14 PM
    I am not getting what pinch to zoom does? It doesn't flow the text to match the screen size,just shrinks the text and images making them hard to read.
    06-08-13 05:56 PM
    I am not getting what pinch to zoom does? It doesn't flow the text to match the screen size,just shrinks the text and images making them hard to read.
    Yes, quite right.
    That suggestion is mostly for large images, like if you get daily/weekly promo emails from BestBuy, for example.
    06-08-13 06:13 PM
    What purpose does auto bcc me serve if you can just go to sent emails and see the email there anyways?

Posted via CB10
    If you're not using a sync service, this allows you to have copies of messages sent from your BB on your PC too, in your Outlook inbox.

BBOS allowed this, and also allowed you to filter out messages from yourself so you didn't get that extra copy back on your device.
    06-08-13 06:15 PM
    I think some of these may appear in OS updates...plus there is a learning curve. Most people that have had OS 10 devices for a month or so don't mind the things most people (including me) miss....like the back button and track pad. Got mine yesterday and I am still getting used to it. Thank goodness for CB, because there will more and more hot tips on how to maximize this OS coming in the months to come.

I mis BIS and e mail compression
    I miss auto bcc me
    I miss when my BB auto turn off and on
    I miss when alarm turn on my device
    I miss.........

Harry_III_UK likes this.
    06-08-13 06:27 PM
    Still unacceptable and needs to be fixed.
    Pinch to zoom fixes it for me. It has to do with the format the emails are sent in.

JB
    06-08-13 06:35 PM
    Still unacceptable and needs to be fixed.
    It is not broken though. You may not like it but it is what it is currently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-08-13 09:48 PM
    It's annoying because if BB needed to get one thing right, it's email. As a business device, I don't want to putz around scrolling right and left just to read a simple email.
    Here's the confirmation email from BlackBerry travel.

How it looks like on my Z10
    http://i.imgur.com/b08fqlL.png

How it looks like on the GS3
    http://i.imgur.com/c6DUR0N.png
    If GS3 is able to do it, so should BlackBerry 10. After all, it's suppose to be a TOOL not a TOY. Improving email, text-editing tools (eg: bubble, copy/paste/text selection markers) must be made a priority! Come on, RIM/BlackBerry, get this stuff right!
    06-08-13 09:55 PM
    It is not broken though. You may not like it but it is what it is currently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Because "that's what it currently is" it is somehow "not broken" and working as intended? With what logic have you deduced this? Where has anyone officially confirmed this to be working as intended?

I personally believe that having to pinch out every single email that I open to be exhibiting poor functionality. Regardless, give me an option under email settings to turn off this default setting (or as the unbiased like to call it: bug).
    93Aero likes this.
    06-08-13 10:02 PM
55 123