Hi everyone. I just bought my q10 a few hours ago. I'm loving it so far. But there's one thing that I find really odd. My BB 9300 (with Mobilicity) receives emails waaaaaay faster than my q10 (with Fido). In order for me to get emails, I would refresh my Hub. I'm wondering if there are some of you experiencing the same thing. Is there something on the Settings that I need to change? Please enlighten me. I like receiving my emails promptly.
    05-30-13 10:42 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

Yes you can modify the Sync Interval in the account settings of each email account your Q10.

In Hub, 3 dots, Settings, Email Accounts.
    Select an account, tap Edit at bottom. Scroll all the way down to adjust Sync Interval.

If that doesn't work, you can try a device reset. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    Hold down your top button for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, and BB splashscreen again. I hold down that button until I see the blue startup icon.

This is how you CB10, son!
    SoukieBBQ10 and Amy wineBerry like this.
    05-30-13 10:49 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

Yes you can modify the Sync Interval in the account settings of each email account your Q10.

In Hub, 3 dots, Settings, Email Accounts.
    Select an account, tap Edit at bottom. Scroll all the way down to adjust Sync Interval.

If that doesn't work, you can try a device reset. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    Hold down your top button for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, and BB splashscreen again. I hold down that button until I see the blue startup icon.

This is how you CB10, son!
    This helped me find the sync interval. However, I will say that I was not able to locate it via the Hub > Settings approach. I had to go into the Accounting Settings located within System Settings. Whatever the case, thanks for getting me on the right track.
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-27-13 12:25 AM
    reset and try again.
    06-27-13 01:18 AM
    Are you using gmail? New devices do not get EAS sync.
    06-27-13 01:34 AM
    EAS is on the new phones. Google has stopped supporting it for Gmail though. I am guessing that is what you meant.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 05:09 AM
    reset and try again.
    Neither resetting my device nor wiping it got it to reflect the sync interval option within the Hub. Still had to go through System Settings.
    06-27-13 03:05 PM