Hi

Just switching from 9900 to Q10. Having changed nothing in my gmail settings from 9900 (and having checked to show sent), emails that I send from my laptop or anywhere else aren't appearing on my Q10 hub. How can I fix this?

It's quite important as I often need to forward/grab data from an email while on the road, etc.

Oh, and while I'm here -
    Does the native Twitter client not really have 'quote tweet' or the feature to 'expand' a tweet and see all the responses? That's quite important as well for my job. And - recommend something closer to notes than 'Remember' - I keep extensive notes in there and want quick access.

Thanks for any help,
    Vincent
    07-26-13 02:32 PM
    Hi Vincent,

First of all welcome to crackberry!

I'll try to tackle your questions in the order you asked them...

1) Gmail.. when you say it's setup the same as on your 9900, that's not really possible.. the 9900 used BIS, your Q10 does not. Exactly what settings did you use to add it to your Q10, IMAP? POP3? push on/off? sync interval? .. Please elabrotate so we can try and help you with that.

2) Twitter.. the actual quote tweet button is missing, I don't know why and that is a little frustrating to me as well, hopefully it makes a return in an update soon but there is a work around. When you press and hold a tweet you can reply, retweet or copy it.. you can of course copy and then go past it into a new tweet..
    Attachment 186204

But you can also choose share, and then share via twitter.. then add your comments and post.. this has the same result as quote except for the actuall " " marks.
    Attachment 186205

Also the expand feature is there.. just press on the tweet itself for the expanded view..
    Attachment 186207

3) Remember.. it is a little diffrent then what you are used to, but after you spend some time with it you might find it's a little more robust. That said, if it isn't for you there is a ton of other note apps in app world. I've heard very good things about one called corky notes.
    07-26-13 02:43 PM
    Great, thanks for this. What I meant is that I changed nothing on my gmail settings from 9900.

On the Q10, I'm not talking about a gmail app or in a web browser, but in the Hub. There, in 'edit account' we're seeing imap.gmail.com on port 993, no encryption, smtp.gmail.com, push on, sync interval 30 minutes....wait. So if I shorten that, is problem solved, perhaps? Should I try a super-quick sync time, or will that drain my battery/network?

And while you're here:
    On Twitter: Yep, expand now working.

Remember: tips to export a remember note or copy and paste LOTS of text - i need to get all of those exported out of the device, and copy/pasting hundreds of pages is not something I've figured out with the touchscreen
    07-26-13 02:59 PM
    Shortening your sync time may well solve your issue. The way it's setup now if you wait over 30 minutes does everything look right?

In regards to exporting notes from remember.. as you use it you can choose save your new notes to folders that are synced with ever note. From that point forward you can access them from your PC using the ever note app or Web interface, but for existing notes you already have on there your only option is to copy paste each one, either right out of the app or into a synced folder. To copy an entire note open it, long press anywhere on the text and then click select all on the right. Then long press again and click copy.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 03:36 PM
    Thanks very much.

But now I've just realized my text messages don't arrive automatically! I just had to get to my google 2-step code by using 'refresh.'

I don't mind having to 'refresh' for facebook or twitter, but how can I get my text messages to arrive immediately??

Best,
    Vincent
    07-31-13 05:17 PM
    2. Quote tweet isn't missing
    Emails sent on other devices don't show up in Q10 hub-img_00000850.png

Posted via Z10 and CB10 on Rogers
    Vinncent likes this.
    07-31-13 05:47 PM