I have had the Q10 for 1 week and my emails disappear from the phone about 30-45 minutes after the emails are downloaded opened on my computer. Hence I have no saved emails on my phone at all and can't work from it when I am away if my computer is open. This never happened on my bold 9900 so it must be a Q10 issue and not my email server. We have tried loading the email account as Imap and also Pop 3 (it is a pop 3 account) but still no luck. I will need to bin this new phone if I can't solve the problem as the advantage of blackberry is meant to be the emails! It must be something so simple in the settings but looking at this forum I still can't find the answer even though I am not the only one with this problem. Please help otherwise off to Samsung/iphone I go after a lifetime of blackberry (where I have had no help from anyone there).
    Thanks
    08-03-13 07:02 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. Just to confirm:

1. In Outlook/computer is email configured as POP3?
    2. If yes this might explain why they disappear.
    3. Configure the email on your BlackBerry as Exchange (if you can)
    08-03-13 07:16 AM
    This has been talked about. I'm not sure what is causing it. Please do a search, I think that BB is aware that something is going on.

Also, what is your model and OS version?
    sthurn likes this.
    08-03-13 07:18 AM
    Thanks for your advise. Yes its configured in outlook to POP3 but I didn't have this problem with my bold 9900 and nothing has changed with my outlook config. My carrier tried every email setting on the Q10 including exchange to see if it made a difference and the emails still disappeared. Please let me know if anything else worked on others with the same situation.
    08-03-13 08:51 PM
    Is outlook configured to remove messages from the server? If so, disable it because that's why they disappear from the phone. They stay in your email client (outlook) because they are downloaded to your computer.

http://www.webdesignerexpress.com/ho...rticle-53.html
    08-03-13 08:57 PM
    Thanks so much! Will try that although still not sure why I didn't have the same issues with my other blackberry
    08-03-13 09:55 PM
    Thanks so much! Will try that although still not sure why I didn't have the same issues with my other blackberry
    POP3 acts differently now without BIS. Let me know if this works. I was in the same situation as you.
    08-03-13 11:44 PM
    Thanks so much for this advise...and so far so good! Looks like problem may be solved
    08-04-13 01:58 AM
    Thanks so much for this advise...and so far so good! Looks like problem may be solved
    Any update

Posted via CBQ10
    08-04-13 02:25 PM
    Yes all good re emails staying on handset but not ideal to save emails on server. Blackberry need to look at this issue with Pop3 accounts. Thanks again!
    08-05-13 06:35 AM
    I am having the same issue. All inbox emails are deleting from my phone every so often. I looked at an email, then went back to it 5 min later, phone said unable to view, then all inbox was empty. I have changed my outlook settings to leave emails on server but this is not ideal. I had a BB9900 which didn't do this, which I now miss.
    02-21-14 03:15 AM
    I am having the same issue. All inbox emails are deleting from my phone every so often. I looked at an email, then went back to it 5 min later, phone said unable to view, then all inbox was empty. I have changed my outlook settings to leave emails on server but this is not ideal. I had a BB9900 which didn't do this, which I now miss.

Email on BlackBerry 10 works differently than the legacy OS devices.

If changing your settings on Outlook was able to solve the issue, then the issue is probably not with the handheld, per-se.

Sounds like you have an old POP3 type account. There are distinct differences in the way POP3 works on BB10 (basically, it's similiar to an iPhone or Android device now), compared to the legacy devices.

However this depends somewhat on OS version. If you have the very latest OS version, they have added back the ability to choose whether to delete a message only on the handheld or "handheld and server". (The latest OS actually uses the terms "Hub and server")

That feature was not yet available at the time the previous posts were made in this thread.
    02-21-14 04:35 AM