Hi folks, I'm new here so hello.

I got a Q10 a week ago, which has already been replaced as it was faulty. However, I'm having two major issues with it which are driving me mad! Firstly, the text messages keep freezing and I have to reboot to send or receive. Secondly, I've set up my Virgin media email account fine but the sent items won't sync with my PC or ipad and don't go into the sent folder so I've no idea if it's sent or not. Virgin tell me the settings are correct, I've deleted and reinstalled the account so many times, IMAP is enabled, I don't know what else to do and be so grateful if someone can help me.
    Many thanks
    Debbie
    12-06-13 06:12 AM
    Hi and welcome to CB. I don't have bb10 but if you list the OS version you're using and maybe a screen of your settings it would help someone else to help you.
    12-06-13 06:45 AM
    I don't know what to tell you about the SMS issue as I don't text that much.

As for the sent mail issue: I've never really seen sent messages sync back to the mail server. In checking my three IMAP accounts, the only sent messages that show in the web mail's sent folder are the ones sent from the web client: not from my phone, tablet, Outlook, or Evolution. If your message wasn't sent, you'd see either an error returned by the receiving mail server, or you'd never see the message leave your phone. If you wanted, you could set up your phone to show sent messages in the Hub but I've never had any need to do that.
    12-06-13 07:28 AM
    If you want full synchronization of all of your email (inbox, sent folder, custom and personal folders etc) the ideal solution is available at a nominal cost. Let me know if you're interested.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    12-06-13 07:46 AM
    Thanks kbz, the software version is 10.2.0.424 I hope that's what you meant!

Rthonpm, thanks for that, I do have the sent items setting on in the hub as well which is why I'm so bemused about why they aren't showing there

Iqnetcomdotca, how much and how does that work please?
    Thanks everyone!
    12-06-13 08:46 AM
    I don't know what to tell you about the SMS issue as I don't text that much.

As for the sent mail issue: I've never really seen sent messages sync back to the mail server. In checking my three IMAP accounts, the only sent messages that show in the web mail's sent folder are the ones sent from the web client: not from my phone, tablet, Outlook, or Evolution. If your message wasn't sent, you'd see either an error returned by the receiving mail server, or you'd never see the message leave your phone. If you wanted, you could set up your phone to show sent messages in the Hub but I've never had any need to do that.
    My Sent messages ALWAYS sync back to the server, on my EAS, Gmail and Yahoo accounts.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 08:54 AM
    Thanks kbz, the software version is 10.2.0.424 I hope that's what you meant!

Rthonpm, thanks for that, I do have the sent items setting on in the hub as well which is why I'm so bemused about why they aren't showing there

Iqnetcomdotca, how much and how does that work please?
    Thanks everyone!
    Hi Debs777 - PM sent to you.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    12-06-13 09:19 AM
    My Sent messages ALWAYS sync back to the server, on my EAS, Gmail and Yahoo accounts.

Posted via CB10
    EAS accounts will synch sent messages. As for Google and Yahoo, I think they're both running their own iterations of IMAP which give a little more functionality than the standard protocol. It really boils down to what type of IMAP the OP's email host is running.
    12-06-13 11:22 AM
    I'm not sure what type of IMAP it is sorry....however I have just realised that when I turn wi if off on my phone it shows the sent items on my phone!? No idea what's going on
    12-06-13 12:38 PM