Ignore the previous text.
    So, I've always had the email deletion set to hub only. A few minutes ago I deleted all emails prior to this date by tapping and holding on a date. As a result, mails got deleted both from the device and the server.

Anyone else got this??
    Also, where can I adjust how old messages to sync? Because I restored the deleted mails on the server using their support settings, and now the device has synchronized all received mails.

Googled a bit and it seems that deleting multiple emails can result in them deleted from the server as well. I did a test and it confirmed it. Is the only workaround deleting one by one? This never happened when I used select more to delete a few random mails from different days.

This is ridiculous. Just did a test again. Used select more option and manually selected around 20 mail messages from different dates and hit delete. Instead,ALL 70 messages got deleted. And again, both from server and the hub

Great, just greta. Now it doesn't even synch my mails at all, both directions...
    Last edited by lustekarlis; 07-04-14 at 06:57 AM.
    07-04-14 04:59 AM
    I'd previously noticed that when you have the local/remote option set to 'prompt', then delete multiple messages, you were not prompted.
    Someone chimed in that they had already raised this as a bug in BB.

I think the safest option here in your case is to just set it to local only (hub).

Fingers->Q10->CB10->Your Eyes.
    07-04-14 12:58 PM
    I only set it to prompt after I saw this isse had happened. So basically, my observation is that the only way I can safely delete mail messages, and now its back to delete from device only, is to NOT use the option to delete mails received prior to a specific date, and even by using the select more option.

Alson after all this mess the hub simply did not synchronize mail messages at all. I removed the account and added it again. All Is fine now. im still wondering though, how many here have seen this issue?
    07-04-14 01:35 PM
    BlackBerry has done this since OS 6. If multiple emails ate selected, it processes a hard delete against the mail server. It has always been this way.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 05:21 PM
    Known bug on BB10, but I don't remember facing this problem on my old Bolds...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 05:50 PM
    +1. I had mine set to hub only and it deleted both. I hope this gets resolved.
    07-24-14 03:50 PM