On previous versions of blackberry when you deleted an email you were given the option to Delete Message "on mailbox and handheld", or "on handheld."

Is that option available on the Q10? Currently it only shows me the option to delete.
    09-11-13 12:18 PM
    No, because we don't use BIS anymore. Set up that option server side, so in gmail or outlook
    09-11-13 12:20 PM
    I have yahoo, gmail, and two outlook accounts linked. So you are saying I can set that feature up in the accounts themselves? Not well versed at that stuff if you can provide any insight as to how.
    09-11-13 12:40 PM
    I have yahoo, gmail, and two outlook accounts linked. So you are saying I can set that feature up in the accounts themselves? Not well versed at that stuff if you can provide any insight as to how.
    You can use POP protocol and set the server/service to keep all message copies. POP kind of sucks but that's about all you can do.
    09-11-13 12:44 PM
    Gotcha. Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping for the same functionality where I could delete off both if I wanted or choose to keep in the inbox but delete on phone. Oh well.....I appreciate the information.
    09-11-13 02:25 PM
    You can use POP protocol and set the server/service to keep all message copies. POP kind of sucks but that's about all you can do.
    I'm been trying to figure out how to keep my inbox clear on my phone, while saving my wanted emails on my server. Can you elaborate your above comment? Is that done when I access my Gmail account online? Also, is there anything that can be done on the AOL side of things?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 07:19 PM
    Gotcha. Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping for the same functionality where I could delete off both if I wanted or choose to keep in the inbox but delete on phone. Oh well.....I appreciate the information.
    The traditional BlackBerry operating system had a proprietary email system that allowed that. BlackBerry 10 uses the same standards as other phones like iPhone and Android. It's more geared towards synchronizing emails among various devices.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    09-11-13 11:41 PM
    I'm been trying to figure out how to keep my inbox clear on my phone, while saving my wanted emails on my server. Can you elaborate your above comment? Is that done when I access my Gmail account online? Also, is there anything that can be done on the AOL side of things?

Posted via CB10
    Sure. If you log in to Gmail using a PC you'll see under settings you can enable POP protocol. AOL probably has something similar but you'd have to check. I've not used it. After enabling POP at Gmail, also set it to retain copies of all messages on the server.

Then when adding Gmail as an account on your phone choose "advanced " at the bottom and set the protocol to POP. Set a message retrieval interval. Polling interval or whatever it's called. Basically tell it how often to check for new mail.

Once you are set your phone will download copies of all emails as received. You can delete as needed from the phone and it will not remove them from the server. You can even delete all emails on your phone and they will still remain on the server.

So when you log in to Gmail on a PC, all messages will be present. You can then delete the ones you truly want removed from the server.

So this setup allows most of what you need. The one shortcoming is at your phone you can't do "delete on both handheld and server". So you are having to do some extra housekeeping using a PC at some point. Or a tablet.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    kashiskay likes this.
    09-11-13 11:50 PM
    Sure. If you log in to Gmail using a PC you'll see under settings you can enable POP protocol. AOL probably has something similar but you'd have to check. I've not used it. After enabling POP at Gmail, also set it to retain copies of all messages on the server.

Then when adding Gmail as an account on your phone choose "advanced " at the bottom and set the protocol to POP. Set a message retrieval interval. Polling interval or whatever it's called. Basically tell it how often to check for new mail.

Once you are set your phone will download copies of all emails as received. You can delete as needed from the phone and it will not remove them from the server. You can even delete all emails on your phone and they will still remain on the server.

So when you log in to Gmail on a PC, all messages will be present. You can then delete the ones you truly want removed from the server.

So this setup allows most of what you need. The one shortcoming is at your phone you can't do "delete on both handheld and server". So you are having to do some extra housekeeping using a PC at some point. Or a tablet.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    Hey, I set it up on my Gmail account on the comp. But I'm having trouble finding where I would "enable POP protocol"... I deleted my Gmail account and readded it, but these are the only fields that show up in set up.

Email Delete Option on Q10-img_00000470.png

Email Delete Option on Q10-img_00000471.png

Now for my AOL. There isn't an option, it only shows you the information to enter when setting up POP or IMAP on Outlook and Thunderbird. Could I enter the suggested pop.aol.com in the server field and smtp.aol.com in the outgoing server field? To have it work the same as you described?

Thanks again for ur help

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 01:14 PM
    Oh, I guess I would change imap.gmail.com to pop.gmail.com...

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 01:16 PM
    Yes you just enter the POP server address like that. Search Google for "POP email settings for Gmail on a smartphone" to verify your entries if they don't work. Port numbers, encryption settings, etc.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    09-14-13 01:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have a solution, inbox me I know a cell tower remedy for C.O
    09-14-14 10:47 AM
    It's possible to setup where you want the text message to be deleted. Go to settings in the Hub, then select Display and Actions. Scroll down until you see Delete on and set the option you want.

Email Delete Option on Q10-img_20140914_204108.png

Posted via my Black Q10
    ezikiah likes this.
    09-14-14 12:45 PM