Hi,

At about 1400 UK time, my Q10 prompted me to install a firmware update - I don't have the version number.

I downloaded the update and chose the option to 'Restart phone' when the download was finished. As suggested, I plugged-in my phone although the battery was at about 80%. My device has now frozen - it won't restart. It's stuck on the purple startup logo at 100%. I've tried battery off/on.

Any ideas?? I'm on the EE network.

Kind regards,

Chris
    07-30-13 09:08 AM
    You can always try to load a software with autoloader.
    Also maybe link will recognize it, you can restore your software via link.

Hi,

At about 1400 UK time, my Q10 prompted me to install a firmware update - I don't have the version number.

I downloaded the update and chose the option to 'Restart phone' when the download was finished. As suggested, I plugged-in my phone although the battery was at about 80%. My device has now frozen - it won't restart. It's stuck on the purple startup logo at 100%. I've tried battery off/on.

Kind regards,

Chris
    07-30-13 09:11 AM
    You assume it was frozen and took the battery out is that right?

How long was it at 100%?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 09:12 AM
    Hi,

It was frozen at 100% - left it for about 25 minutes. It just displays the BB logo and when you swipe your finger over, it shows 100%. I've tried restarting. That didn't work. Tried battery off/on. That hasn't worked either.

/Chris
    07-30-13 09:14 AM
    do a battery pull and try again, (back off, battery out, battery back in and turn on)
    07-30-13 09:33 AM
    This time just leave it plugged in for an hour and see if it has updated.
    07-30-13 09:39 AM
    Hi,

Kind regards,

Chris
    Hi this happened to me on Z10 did it go to 100% straight away if it did then it is still installing the update leave it be for a hour if it hasn't turned on by then do a battery pull that is what I did put battery back in should reboot really slow and then turns on

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 09:47 AM
    Did the update...samething is happening to me. Its been at 100% for about 20 mins now. Will wait an hour
    07-30-13 03:12 PM
    Hi guys,

So I managed to recover the device using a combination of battery off/restart although strangely this takes several attempts.

I've tried to install the update 3 times now with the exact same freezing each time. I've tried giving it an hour whilst stuck at 100% but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

My phone was purchased SIM free from Carphone Warehouse and I've never installed any unofficial builds.

Is this just an EE UK issue??

Chris

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 03:21 PM
    Hi guys,

So I managed to recover the device using a combination of battery off/restart although strangely this takes several attempts.

I've tried to install the update 3 times now with the exact same freezing each time. I've tried giving it an hour whilst stuck at 100% but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

My phone was purchased SIM free from Carphone Warehouse and I've never installed any unofficial builds.

Is this just an EE UK issue??

Chris

Posted via CB10
    Seems like a telus issue as well here in Toronto, Canada. its been about 50 minutes for me, still stuck at the screen.
    07-30-13 03:58 PM
    Seems like a telus issue as well here in Toronto, Canada. its been about 50 minutes for me, still stuck at the screen.
    A friend updated his Z today and it took an hour to restart after the update. He was gone from the BBM group for that whole hour while his phone was still rebooting. I would say give it an hour and check back again to see if it has moved or not.
    zaidyboy likes this.
    07-30-13 04:04 PM
    A friend updated his Z today and it took an hour to restart after the update. He was gone from the BBM group for that whole hour while his phone was still rebooting. I would say give it an hour and check back again to see if it has moved or not.
    thank you
    07-30-13 04:06 PM
    Yes, as well is happening to my Z10, got stuck at 100% all day... they come with an update wich destroys lots of devices. well done!!! VodafoneUK
    07-30-13 04:12 PM
    Seems that my Z10 is on, the HUB is black, I don't have a HUB to be more precise, icons are moving on my screen by themselves, LED is flashing, and I'm aware if I restart the device will die at 100%. What to do, what to do... ??? VodafoneUK
    07-30-13 04:22 PM
    When I updated my q10 on orange uk last night mine stayed at 100% for probably a couple of hours before returning to normal
    07-30-13 04:25 PM
    Seems that my Z10 is on, the HUB is black, I don't have a HUB to be more precise, icons are moving on my screen by themselves, LED is flashing, and I'm aware if I restart the device will die at 100%. What to do, what to do... ??? VodafoneUK
    Patience is a virtue.
    CosbyOrsova likes this.
    07-30-13 04:25 PM
    I did a battery pull just because it was almost an hour and a half...still stuck at 100%...now i will just leave it as is.
    07-30-13 04:27 PM
    Hi I was just wondering if you should be installing an carrier OS if you are Sim free could it be that the OS is looking for a locked phone.
    Whilst I don't have a Q10 (waiting to 1. save for a sim free. 2. for Link to sort itself out with regard to outlook) if I was to install a carrier OS to my 9810 which is sim free I would need to remove the vender files first I don't know if BB10 is affected in this way, my updates have always come directly from BlackBerry via Desktop manager so I would have thought it would come direct through BB link.
    Apologies if I speak out of turn
    07-30-13 04:29 PM
    still at 100% lol
    07-30-13 06:17 PM
    My blackberry just came back online after waiting a good few hours. BB HUB is taking a while to load.
    07-30-13 06:58 PM
    if yo have a recent back up i'd be tempted to download and install the latest Q10 leak, .4687 ive been running it on mine fine, good OS! saves the carrier updates too as they are a few behind! ;-)
    07-31-13 03:51 AM
    I'm on Orange (EE) in the UK, and I had exactly the same problem. After several aborted attempts and several hours waiting, it finally worked.

It was only afterwards, however, that I found the threads on here warning that the update will erase all text messages. That has left me very angry, as I had saved those messages deliberately, and is yet another reason why I'll be leaving BB once my contract is up. It's like amateur hour at BB at the moment.
    07-31-13 07:00 AM
    Its not bb's fault, the OS is chosen by the carrier,
    Load up a leak and drop the dramatics! ;-)
    07-31-13 07:12 AM
    Its not bb's fault, the OS is chosen by the carrier,
    Load up a leak and drop the dramatics! ;-)
    I don't know what you mean by a leak - is that a patch?

Meanwhile, whether it's EE's fault or BB's fault is neither here nor there to the end user. Either way, I have a Q10 that has been updated with an BB OS that has wiped my texts.

I'm not being dramatic - I'm just fed up. If the answer to anyone who has a problem with a Blackberry is just to forget it, it somewhat defeats the point of having a BB forum!
    07-31-13 09:37 AM
    leaked OS
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...models-831757/

its a full OS thats been tested by the peeps at blackberry and released to the beta testers, some of whome pop the odd leak up here and there, been one a week lately with the much anticipated 10.2 os for the Q being hinted, has dropped for the Z's but not the q's yet!

installing the new OS just means your more upto date,

when did you last do a full back up?? i do mine weekly just incase and always before i load a new os, but worst case that way is youve only lost a few days worth of messages etc.
    07-31-13 10:15 AM
42 12