My wife, who is sporting an unlocked Z10 from TMO went on a trip to another country. She used a local sim and we communicated through BBM and BBM video calls. However, I noticed that I would hear echoes of my voice on my Q10. Also, the video was not smooth. There were freezing and jerky movements of her as i see on my Q10 which I brushed aside thinking that maybe, there was not much local signal where she was while i was on wifi at home.

However, when she was at the airport in another country and when the sim she was using no longer worked, she connected to a public wifi at the airport and we tried video calling again. I experienced the same echoes whether when I used my Q10 or my playbook. In fact, she said that I was choppy when I used the playbook, although the echoes were much worse on my Q10.

Was there something that we were not doing right? Should there be adjustments that I should have done on my end? I asked her if she heard echoes of her voice but she said no. I was the only one having them. Was that a defect of the Q10 or the playbook for that matter?
    10-07-13 08:59 PM
    Was she wearing headphones?

I've noticed on poor connections the return noise cancellation isn't as prime as it normally is. This is even more so amplified if headphones aren't used.
    10-07-13 09:18 PM
    No...no headphones were used.
    10-07-13 09:19 PM
    No...no headphones were used.
    So try it with headphones. As mentioned, when a lower bit rate is introduced the error correction and retern noise cancellation gets out of sync. Let us know how it goes.
    sbx9900 likes this.
    10-07-13 09:21 PM