I have a Q10 from Verizon and the latest OS update. I just noticed this today. I received a group text. I replied to the group and then Person #1 replied only to me. I replied to that person.

Then I see that there are two pictures of Person #1. Don't know if this could caused it, but FYI. Don't know what's causing this. Any idea? And how do I fix this and prevent this. See picture below. Thanks!

Duplicate Picture of Contact Participant in Text Window-duplicatepic.png
    08-28-13 04:47 PM
    So the same pic shows for 2 different contacts in the same chat?
    08-28-13 08:11 PM
    Lendo,
    I just remember Replying to the text. Then when I look I see the same participant listed TWO times. I've not seen this before. I didn't add him again since I was replying. Don't know how this could happen. Curious to find out what I did or what caused this.

Thanks.
    08-29-13 11:14 AM
    Most likely they are getting 2 text messages from you too...

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 11:25 AM
    I'll ask and see if he did get two msg from me.
    Thanks.
    08-29-13 02:24 PM
    This happened to me once but my dogs happened to step on the phone right before so I figured they must have hit a combination of keys that made the conversation turn into "MMS Chat". The only way I was able to get out of it was to clear the entire conversation and start new.
    NewPreKnox likes this.
    08-29-13 03:54 PM
    This happened to me once but my dogs happened to step on the phone right before so I figured they must have hit a combination of keys that made the conversation turn into "MMS Chat". The only way I was able to get out of it was to clear the entire conversation and start new.
    Yes I do remember seeing something about "MMS Mode", but didn't know what that was. I also kind of remember fumbling with the Q10 (not dropping it) and could have hit some magical combination. Who knows.

Any case, I can start a new thread, but what is MMS Mode? Thanks. Any one.
    08-30-13 05:16 PM
    Its a multimedia text. When you send a picture text, it sends as MMS instead of sms.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 10:00 PM
    I have had this peoblem since updating to VZN's new software update. Text does not work at all. As soon as you enter, it turns to MMS and it DOES sent 2 of every message.

Anyone else getting this? Fix?
    08-31-13 01:27 PM
    Delete your text messages and start fresh. You experienced a known bug that randomly occurs when updating an os.

Posted via CB10
    waterfrontmgmt likes this.
    08-31-13 03:51 PM
    how do you delete all them?
    08-31-13 06:49 PM
    Go to your text messages in the hub. Touch and hold the line with the date until you get a menu. "Delete All"

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 07:09 PM