I've just donwloaded the laterst version of BBM (10.8.5.15). I wished I didn't....

Instead of the previous version, there are now two seperate icons for BBM Video and BBM Voice. In the previous version, there was only one icon, which was green if your contact had wifi and/or was able to BBMV and greyed if your contact is unable to BBMV. So, one can always see a green icon: available for BBMV, greyed out: unavailable. Very, very annoying!!

I'm so dissatisfied of this version because of the above, I want to roll back to it's previous version. Is there any way to do this?

BlackBerry lost his mind since the last OS updates and BBM... they're screwing us. Everything what was working fine (e.g. calendar with "growing" digits), is now gone... For now I will not update anymore, until I'm really convinced about the correct working of it.

Thank you!
    04-28-15 06:14 AM
    Growing calendar digits is already back in the latest OS beta/leak.
    The always green icons in BBM are already a very hot topic in the beta zone forums, and so I hope they will correct that soon. I cannot think of any meaning this change might have, it can only be a bug.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 06:22 AM
    Thank you! I wonder if one at BlackBerry is testing extensively the new versions... I think they don't...
    04-28-15 06:26 AM
    I think we the user base are their beta testers. Listen Blackberry, Apple does NOT make these kind of mistakes. Please hire a software manager.

Posted via CB10
    playfoot and BerryRipe like this.
    04-28-15 06:37 AM
    I think we the user base are their beta testers. Listen Blackberry, Apple does NOT make these kind of mistakes. Please hire a software manager.

Posted via CB10
    No, there is the regular user base, then there are the actual beta testers...

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    04-28-15 07:39 PM
    *BUMP*

Does someone know how to downgrade it?
    04-29-15 07:32 AM
    *BUMP*

Does someone know how to downgrade it?
    Have you tied loading the previous bbm bar with sachesi?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 08:08 AM
    Have you tied loading the previous bbm bar with sachesi?

Posted via CB10
    No, because I'm unkown to it. Can you please explain how to do that? Or provide me a URL to a manual and the BBM bar?
    Thank you!
    04-29-15 08:11 AM
    No, because I'm unkown to it. Can you please explain how to do that? Or provide me a URL to a manual and the BBM bar?
    Thank you!
    ok, so you'll need a program called sachesi to install the file, download link, and thread about the program here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/

this is the bar file from 10.3.1.2708 (this was the last OS I had on my Q10 before upgrading):
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2cbar

Open up sachesi with your phone plugged in, you'll probably be prompted to put in your password for you phone so do that, then click the install tab.

near the top there is a box thats either checked or unchecked saying install only new apps or something along those lines, make sure its unchecked since your phone has a new version of BBM then the one you want to install.

Drag the BBM bar file you downloaded into the sachesi window, and it should install the file over the old one. Do a reboot on your phone, and you should be good to go. As far as I know, you may be the first person to attempt downgrading... worst case, you end up with the same bbm bar file as you have now.

let us know how it goes!
    Last edited by FCSC; 04-29-15 at 01:05 PM.
    djfawbz and raino like this.
    04-29-15 12:47 PM
    Yeah, it's funny how quickly they push an update when it messages with their channels but if it's something that disturbs the core functionality of their program...months if ever.
    04-29-15 05:37 PM
    Thank you very much FCSC!! I'll give it a try!
    04-30-15 01:59 AM
    No, there is the regular user base, then there are the actual beta testers...

Posted via CB10
    Where are the Blackberry employees who test their software products before release date?!

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 02:07 AM
    Where are the Blackberry employees who test their software products before release date?!

Posted via CB10
    I really don"t know... with every update, the more and more things are getting worse, even if there were perfect working before....
    I will NOT update anymore untill I'm convinced of the correct working of everything
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-30-15 02:10 AM
    I really don"t know... with every update, the more and more things are getting worse, even if there were perfect working before....
    I will NOT update anymore untill I'm convinced of the correct working of everything
    Yes me too!!!!
    I am still using my old BBM

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-30-15 02:33 AM
    @FCSC: You made my day! I managed to downgrade BBM! I've got my good old BBMV icon back, which changes colour again!

In AppWorld on my device it still says BBM version 10.8.5.15, but Sachesi says now version 10.7.5.30. But, I'm happy now and for now, it's seems to be working fine in the, so loved, old fashioned way! Thanks again!
    04-30-15 04:35 AM
    @FCSC: You made my day! I managed to downgrade BBM! I've got my good old BBMV icon back, which changes colour again!

In AppWorld on my device it still says BBM version 10.8.5.15, but Sachesi says now version 10.7.5.30. But, I'm happy now and for now, it's seems to be working fine in the, so loved, old fashioned way! Thanks again!
    Great news! Congrats! Happy that worked out, hopefully anyone else wishing to do the same will find this thread.

Posted via CB10
    djfawbz likes this.
    04-30-15 06:52 AM
    Lol @ this post dissatisfied because there are now 2 icons...essentially blackberry took out the step of tapping the old phone icon and then having the phone or video icon ...initial swoore you were complaining about something not working smh but 1 man's minor improvement is another man's disaster lol #flameon#justusewhatsapp lol

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 06:58 AM