Strange, I've read about the Q10 double typing issue for ages, and felt fortunate to have been spared. I have my phone for about a year and been thru a few different OS's. Recently I installed 10.3.1.1016 and for the first time ever have had the dreaded double typing issue. Not terrible, a couple of times a day, but enough to be annoying. Any suggestions!?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 06:06 PM
    Any suggestions!?
    Go back to an OS that doesn't have issues?
    11-29-14 06:16 PM
    Ahh how old is your Q10? Mine didn't start stuttering until I'd had it for about 3 months or so.

Posted via CB10

Edit : sorry I just re read your post and saw that you've had it for a year. Could be that your Q10 has just decided to go with the flow and start stuttering. There have been a few people who said it took about 6 months or so before it happened to them.
    11-29-14 06:18 PM
    Ahh how old is your Q10? Mine didn't start stuttering until I'd had it for about 3 months or so.

Posted via CB10

Edit : sorry I just re read your post and saw that you've had it for a year. Could be that your Q10 has just decided to go with the flow and start stuttering. There have been a few people who said it took about 6 months or so before it happened to them.
    I got double typing issue on my Q10 since day 4. :'(

PS. I'm a heavy texter.

Posted via my White.Leopard
    11-29-14 06:26 PM
    I think that i'll wait and see for now. Is it a hardware issue or software? Can the OS upgrade cause it?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 06:59 PM
    I got double typing issue on my Q10 since day 4. :'(

PS. I'm a heavy texter.

Posted via my White.Leopard
    Yeah I I know what you mean. I had my Q10 for almost a year and a half and the stuttering was not getting better - just worse. Bought a Passport in November. Pretty happy now.
    Although I admit if my Q10 had no keyboard stutter I probably would have been quite happy as well.
    11-29-14 08:16 PM
    Well you can try to revert back to the previous OS. For quite some users, the double-typing appeared right after an OS update and in virtually every case, it didn't disappear. Just search the forums, there are a number of reports regarding the matter, be it leaked installs or just official OTA updates.

Also in virtually every case, the problem is caused by faulty hardware and you have four typical options:
    1. Send in the phone and claim your warranty. Either they'll repair it or, if you are lucky, they'll replace the whole device.
    2. Dismantle the keyboard and fix it yourself, there is a thread around here which explains what to do.
    3. Order yourself a replacement keyboard and install it.
    4. Find a repair shop which replaces the keyboard for you.

Yet of course reverting back to your previous, working software is the easiest and most simple step you should try.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 02:58 AM
    Well you can try to revert back to the previous OS. For quite some users, the double-typing appeared right after an OS update and in virtually every case, it didn't disappear. Just search the forums, there are a number of reports regarding the matter, be it leaked installs or just official OTA updates.

Also in virtually every case, the problem is caused by faulty hardware and you have four typical options:
    1. Send in the phone and claim your warranty. Either they'll repair it or, if you are lucky, they'll replace the whole device.
    2. Dismantle the keyboard and fix it yourself, there is a thread around here which explains what to do.
    3. Order yourself a replacement keyboard and install it.
    4. Find a repair shop which replaces the keyboard for you.

Yet of course reverting back to your previous, working software is the easiest and most simple step you should try.

Posted via CB10
    It hasn't been bad enough to this point, so i'll probably wait for now. I'm eligible for an upgrade in a few months. Phone is out of warranty so that's not an option anyway. Trouble is that although I'm eligible for an upgrade I don't have what to use it on. I'm on Verizon so passport is not an option, and the classic does not really interest me, nor does it look like Verizon will have it. Bummer

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 06:27 AM
    I would definitely try to roll the software back first. After that if the problem still exist I would contact BlackBerry and see what they have to say. If you don't get good customer service from them try an cell phone repair place.

I would not upgrade to a new phone unless you are 100% sure you want the phone. IMO it would be a waste of money and an upgrade to get something you don't really desire.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 06:52 AM
    Have you experienced any lag on your device with the new OS? I'd imagine that may be a problem with the older devices running new software.
    11-30-14 09:10 AM
    Have you experienced any lag on your device with the new OS? I'd imagine that may be a problem with the older devices running new software.
    No. Maybe even less. It's really pretty fluid. Occasionally some odd and end bugs but no lag

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:17 AM
    Sometimes my Q10 happen with the double typing but this lately I didn't happen.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 07:59 PM
    My Q10 got double typing issues after 1 month of usage, I replaced the keyboard and everything(almost 11 parts) under warranty by the BlackBerry Service centre. So after that and until now, I haven't experienced that issue, if I experience it again, i'll ask for a replacement of the Q10 :P

Posted via Q10
    11-30-14 08:03 PM
    No. Maybe even less. It's really pretty fluid. Occasionally some odd and end bugs but no lag

Posted via CB10
    I just loaded 10.3.1.1016 on my own Q10 last night and you are right, it's very fluid and not a bit of lag.
    I have read in another thread about the double typing issue that some of the older sets of keyboards were made slightly off-set (the little connection pads underneath the keys) and most of the time a replacement will fix the issue. If you choose to do so, be careful and good luck

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 05:29 AM
    Does anyone know of a shop in Toronto that will replace my keypad?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 09:03 AM