the german (online-) press is full of stories about the BB-event in Cologne, you find articles on stern.de / focus.de / ksta.de but they are pretty much the same - it seams they have been written by an press agency and distributes to the sites with little or no variations. Double BB means, that not only BB (=Blackberry) was present in person of Thorsten but also the German, well known former tennis player BB (= Boris Becker). They tried a video chat Z10 to Z10, which actually reported didn�t worked because of network problems. Mr. Heins told his usual story about QNX and portable computing. Z10 will be available beginning next week for example Vodafone and without contact for around 600,- Euro / 790,- USD in several online stores. As far as I have been able to dig, there was no mention of the Q10 or any more concrete information about its launch and availability in Germany.

Regards,

Chris
    02-22-13 04:17 AM
    It is kind of sad they did not mention it. The more I think about it, the more I wonder why BBRY even bothers with the Q10 at all. It only got a got somewhat of a niche appear nce at official launch events back in January. As of today there are no certain availability informations available, no hints of acessoires, no real advertising. I might go a bit too far with this, but BBR seems to treat the Q like an unwanted child.
    But oh well, I guess we should just be patient and happy that BBRY continued the QWERTY line in the first place, while they could've ditched it completely.
    BBKrzy likes this.
    02-22-13 10:59 AM
    As of today there are no certain availability informations available, no hints of acessoires, no real advertising. I might go a bit too far with this, but BBR seems to treat the Q like an unwanted child.
    Yeah,that's the interesting part.If you try to put these things together,you'll feel it's a little unreasonable for a incoming device which is a very important Hi-end product.The only explanation that I can think of is that they don't plan to do these things,at least for now.which means Q10 won't be available very soon.
    02-22-13 09:15 PM
    at what moment in time have the first Dev Alpha been released? Taking the release date for Q10 Alpha device may lead to an launch date...
    02-23-13 02:20 AM
    at what moment in time have the first Dev Alpha been released? Taking the release date for Q10 Alpha device may lead to an launch date...
    The first Dev Alpha were handed out sometime in May 2012, numbers increased towards Q3 2012. In terms of accessories we got first leaks sometime early December 2012, so roughly two months prior Z10 release. As of now, there aren't even 3rd party el-cheapo cases/bumbers/protectors available, though we almost have March....
    02-23-13 04:51 AM
    crazy having in mind, that before iPhone 5 launch a lot of cases for an unannounced device have been flattering around. For Q10 a have no clue, but fear the worst ( june / july ) ...

and here again....
    Last edited by Chris Marsch; 02-23-13 at 06:12 AM.
    02-23-13 05:59 AM