Uhm. Flicking words is slow. And it only predicts cliche sentences really... and you better hope then word your typing is in the BlackBerry dictionary..

...Typing on z10 right now..

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 11:39 PM
    The usefulness of flicking really depends on how fast you are actually typing, beyond a certain point you are probably typing too fast to really benefit from the flicks, but for somebody slower or who happens to still be thinking about what they are writing while writing it then the flicks can be good.
    03-24-13 06:48 AM
    Okay, maybe i'm too clumsy but i don't feel comfortable with touchscreens at all. I always founder on typing stuff like passwords correctly on them.
    Password entry is definitely an area where virtual keyboards can suffer as obviously you cannot simply trust to auto correct and have to carefully type them yourself, although conversely there is an area where they could potentially be faster than a qwerty device, which is if you have plenty of numbers in your password since the keyboard on the z10 would include a number row whereas the q10 would need you to alt to them instead.
    03-24-13 06:52 AM
    I gave my Z10 LE to my wife (9700 user) to use and she gave it back to me after two days because she got frustrated trying to type on it. Some people just need their QWERTY. Not to mention long battery life.
    03-24-13 07:10 AM
    I am fighting the urge of getting the z10. Not for the keyboard but for the be 10 experience. I am dead set on that keyboard of the Q10. Nothing like the feeling of real keys on your finger tips.
    03-24-13 09:01 AM
    The usefulness of flicking really depends on how fast you are actually typing, beyond a certain point you are probably typing too fast to really benefit from the flicks, but for somebody slower or who happens to still be thinking about what they are writing while writing it then the flicks can be good.
    I agree. I think I type fairly fast. The beauty of the keyboard is that the most appropriate word that you want to use would drop onto the spacebar anyway, and you need to hit the spacebar to make the next word. Hence, I find myself not needing to flick the words and just carry on typing. The intelligent keyboard on the Z10 makes typing so smooth even though the letters look gibberish at first. I keep on typing and the sentence construction is always beautiful.
    03-24-13 09:09 AM
    I was always most interested in the Q10 because I am a huge fan of the BB QWERTY, but with all the hype with the release of the Z10, I was considering getting that one instead to replace my 9900. However, since my re-up time with AT&T isn't until this summer, waiting for the Q10 will be what I do. Really looking forward to it, though!!
    03-24-13 12:52 PM
    I've been contemplating getting the z10, but after using iPhones for the past few years, I really want a phone with a keyboard. The q10 looks nice and probably will be my choice, but why can't we have a confirmed date for release? It's not like we don't know that it's coming. They introduced it a couple of months ago to the world. Just give us a date!
    03-24-13 03:29 PM
    I've been contemplating getting the z10, but after using iPhones for the past few years, I really want a phone with a keyboard. The q10 looks nice and probably will be my choice, but why can't we have a confirmed date for release? It's not like we don't know that it's coming. They introduced it a couple of months ago to the world. Just give us a date!
    Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-24-13 04:19 PM
    Planning to jump ship from iPhone 4S any day now for Q10
    03-24-13 04:34 PM
    I just got back from a ATT store and tried out the Z10 and I really like the keyboard. Very easy and percise and the word flicking is amazing. I have the 9930 and i think it is just as good the Z10. No promo about the Z10 in the store the girl had on behind the counter and let me play with it. This store in San Antonio 1604 n Bandera has sold 2 so far. . the sales guy was pushing a Samsung 3 to some girl never brought up the BB. Oh well we know where ATT is taking it, up their rear end from apple.

I use to have a Iphone 4 that work got me back when that was the phone and I hated it. The keyboard sucked and I always kept my own phone (9930) or prior BB.

I am on Sprint now and my agreement is up in November so unless they change their mind on adding the Z10 to their line up my 13 years of being married is OVER!
    03-24-13 04:54 PM
    I tried the demo Z10 ( not a real Z10) in the stores a couple of times. I can barely ( yes barely! ) type on it at all... yet on the Iphone I can type ( sort of). Rats !
    03-24-13 05:45 PM
    I would go with the Q10. I have the Z10 now. It is a good touchscreen keyboard. I like it a lot better than the Galaxy S3 that I had. But there's still nothing better than the physical keyboard. I'll definitely be moving to the Q10 when it comes out.

Posted via z10
    03-24-13 08:11 PM
    Have a Z, still not a qwerty. If I keep blackberry ill be going to a Q.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 12:22 AM
    Why would a QWERTY addict get the Z10 . I know its keyboard is great and the swiping gesture looks good , the auto correct is the best in the industry . You may have the best on screen keyboard in the world but it does miss out on one crucial thing that keeps certain people with QWERTY thats the - TACTILE FEEDBACK that actual keys offer . For me the actual keyboard does a better job because my fingers have got used to the key formation and I can type quiet accurately even without looking at the keyboard ( most old BB fans can do this ) . This is particularly helpful when you are in class and want to reply to texts .

Not saying the on screen keyboard is bad but for an on screen keyboard , you need to repeatedly look down on the keyboard while typing because the screen is flat and your fingers dont know the difference . So in actual practice , for people coming from other touchscreen devices ( especially Apple ) , they really benefit from the Z10 keyboard but for a person like me who uses a Blackberry till date who would still grade productivity over the media consumption aspect , the QWERTY is something invaluable .

Waiting for the Q10 launch as with millions of Blackberry fans around the world .
    anon(2026370) likes this.
    03-25-13 12:44 AM
    Why would a QWERTY addict get the Z10 .
    My reason is because I'm trying to lock in a double minutes promo plan from my carrier that would give me long distance and 6GB data (both are critical to my use), plus lower my month bill in the process. This only works while the promo is in effect, likely only till the end of the month. Since the Q10 is not here yet, I think I'll be forced to go with the Z10. Oh yeah, there's no confirmation that my carrier will even have the Q10. Of course, none of this rules out the possibility that I'll swap my Z10 for a Q10 later, or better yet, a slider!
    03-25-13 01:20 AM
    I have to agree the keyboard on the 9900 is hard to beat. The width of the Q10 is even a bit wider than the Bold 9900 so the typing experience on the Q10 should be amazing. Having said that, I played with the Z10 twice one time at BestBuy and another time at AT&T store. The first time I didn't really click with the on-screen keyboard. I found myself feeling awkward using it. However, the second time I used it, I started to feel more comfortable after just ten minutes. The AT&T representative surprisingly was very enthusiastic showing me the Z10. In about fifteen minutes, I was typing one-handed and even left handed. I was flicking words up. It's pretty amazing. Another cool thing I found was that it predicts text for Vietnamese. My jaw dropped. I'm almost sold with the on-screen keyboard with about 20 percent of reservation. Until today, I started to use the beta version of BlackBerry Navigator on the Bold 9900 and I wish my device had a bigger screen. So with that thought, I'm going to pull the trigger on the Z10 as soon as Tmobile make it available. Then next weekend, my sister will pull the trigger on the Z10 with AT&T.
    03-25-13 01:20 AM
    I am totally conflicted. One one hand, I think the BB10 OS is the sort of OS that needs to be touched and felt. I think a full touch screen really plays to the OS' strengths. That said, I love the physical keyboard and I love the idea of a larger battery and a really long battery life.
    Deppe and anon(2026370) like this.
    03-25-13 03:50 AM
    I am totally conflicted. One one hand, I think the BB10 OS is the sort of OS that needs to be touched and felt. I think a full touch screen really plays to the OS' strengths. That said, I love the physical keyboard and I love the idea of a larger battery and a really long battery life.
    Fully agree and that is why I will have both and swap on a weekly basis.
    03-25-13 07:15 AM
    The Z10's keyboard is way ahead of its time - I've never used such a buttery smooth, accurate, intelligent keyboard like this before. BlackBerry really, really, REALLY nailed it with this. I swear I'm somehow faster on it than I am my 9900.

That being said, my finger will always long for the physical buttons. I'm eagerly awaiting the Q10. Played with one a few weeks back, can't resist. Counting the days!
    03-25-13 08:09 AM
    Not all apps and use cases utilize BlackBerry keyboard api

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 10:28 AM
    Please, wait for the Q10 - Get the Q10. It's more amazing, not only the keyboard!
    03-25-13 11:08 AM
    I had always thought that I would want to stick with a QWERTY phone, but after seeing the delay for the Q10 and also the Q10 style (not my taste), I decided to try a Z10 instead. So I picked one up yesterday.

Overall the Z10 is good, although there are some quirks. It is an OS 1.0. But really, it feels fine to me in general and I am happy with my purchase.

But the reason I am posting here is because the keyboard is AMAZING! If you are thinking about waiting for the Q10 - don't. I occasionally use an Iphone at work and I find the keyboard a bit challenging for my fat fingers (6'3", 210 pounds). However, the Z10 has a fantastic keyboard! It is easy to use. And the word prediction works great. Anytime I am going to type a word longer than 3 or 4 characters then I know in advance that I will be 'swiping up' the word instead of finishing it. The learning curve is very short (30s?).

Honestly, the Z10 probably has a better keyboard than the Q10. Plan to try it in the store for 5 minutes first and you'll see what I mean.

(PS. The autocorrect on the space bar is a nuisance and I still need to figure out a way around that, but it just means an extra one or two key presses for now.)
    Oh, so you can type accurately without looking at the screen, have one-button speed dial from the home screen, one button shortcuts (if using keyboard shortcuts) or instant searching from the homescreen (if using universal search) with the Z10 keyboard? Wow! That's awesome! No need for a physical keyboard anymore... /sarcasm

I'll continue to wait for the Q10. Thanks for your impressions of the Z10 anyway. :-)
    03-25-13 12:44 PM
    I laugh at people who compare z10 keyboard to a physical one. Sorry. Had my z10 since Canadian release, gon a be switching to q10 asap

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 04:22 PM
    I laugh at people who compare z10 keyboard to a physical one. Sorry. Had my z10 since Canadian release, gon a be switching to q10 asap

Posted via CB10

Dito

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 05:34 PM
87 1234