Been having email issues and can't send emails. So I tweeted blackberry help. They said delete and reset up email. Did that now it won't accept my settings. Thanks blackberry

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 07:57 PM
    You were expecting everything to be solved in 140 characters or less? Sometimes email problems are the fault of the provider and resolve themselves on their own.
    08-08-14 08:01 PM
    Nope I'm certain it's BlackBerry cause it goes in and out. Wifi or not other things work. Emails come in just can't send

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 08:04 PM
    Nope I'm certain it's BlackBerry cause it goes in and out. Wifi or not other things work. Emails come in just can't send

Posted via CB10
    Can't send? It sounds like something with the service provider to me. BlackBerry isn't the one providing the service and data to send the emails, it's the service provider. I would give them a shout. Worst case scenario is that they put you on a conference call with BB.
    08-08-14 08:14 PM
    Not provider. I can send and receive on other devices, computer, etc

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 08:19 PM
    Been having email issues and can't send emails. So I tweeted blackberry help. They said delete and reset up email. Did that now it won't accept my settings. Thanks blackberry
    BlackBerry: Your Welcome. Always glad to be of assistance .
    08-08-14 08:21 PM
    Wow! Call your provider! Ain't BlackBerry.

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    08-08-14 08:37 PM
    Not provider. I can send and receive on other devices, computer, etc

Posted via CB10
    Are you working on SMTP for outgoing emails? Does it need any username/password?
    I am asking because there are issues when you try to send email from different provider that the one that is hosting the smtp server. You should authenticate with them.
    They do it for spam prevention.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 08:42 PM
    The settings for outgoing and incoming I use in my q10 is different settings in my apple mail for some reason it works on my Q10.

via Q10
    08-08-14 10:42 PM
    Well It worked for 9 months since I got the phone, then one morning emails hang. I got them. Could text, browse, social media,etc on both wi-fi and data. No problems sending from computer. When I looked at settings and password was blank. I'd put it in and then it would say cannot connect to server. I'd leave it then like 4 hrs later the email that's been hanging, boom it's sent. Weird

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 11:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    LOL what you're complaining about is similar to asking a question on here and getting an answer that doesn't solve your issue right away. Are you going to then say "Don't use CrackBerry Forums" ?

Hopefully someone finds a solution for you - but the title you have is pretty ridiculous given what you've told us.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 01:37 AM
    No just frustrated that I talked to BlackBerry and they told me what to do now I have no email at all. This is my work device now I don't get emails. Gotta get new email

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    08-09-14 11:16 AM
    BlackBerryHelp is bunch of primitives. I had issues with SIM PIN and they advised me to downgrade to 10.0, remove PIN and upgrade again... "facepalm" that's how BlackBerry solves documented bugs.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 11:22 AM
    No just frustrated that I talked to BlackBerry and they told me what to do now I have no email at all. This is my work device now I don't get emails. Gotta get new email

Posted via CB10
    well if it is your "work device", did you think about talking to your companies IT department? also go to your provider's repair center and let them diagnose what is going on, before you just blame blackberry.

i guess if your car doesn't start one morning your will blame the manufacturer, as opposed to troubleshooting...you know cuz it is better to just blow up the car, than maybe fix the loose battery wire.
    08-09-14 02:46 PM
    You probably fracked up again. Incompetent user error.
    08-09-14 02:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you should let your works IT fix it for you... obviously too much to handle.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-09-14 03:01 PM
    well if it is your "work device", did you think about talking to your companies IT department?.
    Maybe you should let your works IT fix it for you... obviously too much to handle.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    This ^^

Sounds like a setting was changed somewhere. Are you using a web base email IE: gmail or outlook? or are you using a work email address?
    08-09-14 03:18 PM
    I'm usually pretty impressed with the the way CB members help each other out with problems but this sucks.

The guy had a problem, asked BlackBerry directly, and their suggestion made the problem worse. I'd be pretty p*ssed off too. Just because someone has something negative to say about BlackBerry doesn't mean they are "incompetent" or anything along those lines.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 03:58 PM
    Without further info on type of email, we stuck! office 365 even outlook requires authentication to send emails

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    madcat72 likes this.
    08-09-14 04:01 PM
    Your email is not BlackBerry's responsibility. You need to know your own settings and also know when it's an email account problem vs. a device problem.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 09:39 PM
    BlackBerry support has been the pits for a long time on a lot of issues.
    I was having trouble with syncing my Q10 after waiting for an hour and fifteen minutes, was told by a tier 1 "supervisor" that tier 2 support was no longer available and that they (tier 1) would have to email them my question and they would email me back.
    Which was totally false.
    I wanted to be escalated up because I was informed by tier 1 support that I could only sync my Q10 via the cloud using iTunes.
    When I checked with Apple, they informed me that I could only sync my phone via Blackberry sync.
    You have to push with them in order to get moved up to someone in the know.. Which is usually a support rep in the U.S. or Canada.
    I found calling in the morning to be the best way to avoid being routed to Manila and getting the lame a$$ support that you're going through.
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 08-10-14 at 09:34 PM.
    08-10-14 12:29 AM