seriously??? Have you Q10? Take foto please
    I do have a Q10. No need for a photo. Mine has the spots too. Just like all other phones with these kinds of screens. It IS normal for these types of screens. It's called mira.
    06-25-13 12:52 PM
    Only way to fix this is for BlackBerry to start issuing Q10's with a proper LCD screen instead of AMOLED.

... Another reason why I didn't bother with the Q10.
    06-25-13 02:39 PM
    So, like, dead pixels? That's usually something you can get a replacement for, under warranty. Most screens are guaranteed to have no more than a certain number of dead pixels, and I honestly haven't seen any since shortly after LCD screens replaced CRTs.

Well, that's not entirely true. My Z10 screen has several(they show up white on the LCD), though it's a replacement screen I got from N4BB. Not exactly production quality.

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    No, not dead pixels. During 99.9% of the time you're using the phone, you will not notice what they are complaining about. They are saying if you happen to be sitting in an all dark room, with all of the lights off, and you're watching a video, and part of the video is ALL black, so now you have a black screen on a phone, sitting in a dark room, you'll see some spots that look darker than the rest of the screen... And this is so horrible... for some reason... *scratches head*
    06-25-13 06:18 PM
    Only way to fix this is for BlackBerry to start issuing Q10's with a proper LCD screen instead of AMOLED.

... Another reason why I didn't bother with the Q10.
    Yes, god forbid you see some dark spots while staring at a blank screen while sitting in a dark room with the lights turned off. I do that all of the time and those dark spots really bother me, I have nightmares. When can I stare at blank screens in a dark room in peace?? WHEN????
    06-25-13 06:19 PM
    Yes, god forbid you see some dark spots while staring at a blank screen while sitting in a dark room with the lights turned off. I do that all of the time and those dark spots really bother me, I have nightmares. When can I stare at blank screens in a dark room in peace?? WHEN????
    Some of them are bad enough to see while in dark websites, videos or whatever. I had a galaxy s2 that was unbarable. All I'd see in dark scenes is those spots.

This phone isn't nearly that bad though. I can live with mine.
    06-25-13 07:54 PM
    Some of them are bad enough to see while in dark websites, videos or whatever. I had a galaxy s2 that was unbarable. All I'd see in dark scenes is those spots.

This phone isn't nearly that bad though. I can live with mine.
    I guess if it's really aggressive I can see how it can be annoying...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-25-13 09:08 PM
    I do have a Q10. No need for a photo. Mine has the spots too. Just like all other phones with these kinds of screens. It IS normal for these types of screens. It's called mira.
    thanks
    06-26-13 12:23 AM
    I have it also should i return the phone ?

i have this problem on the PS Vita
    06-27-13 05:01 PM
    I have it also should i return the phone ?

i have this problem on the PS Vita
    Not unless it's horrible. All of them have it to some degree. You'll more than likely get it on the exchange. And you may encounter other problems too. Maybe the exchange will have an added defect.
    06-27-13 06:57 PM
    If would have never seen this post I wouldn't have noticed the small dots on my screen... *sigh*

However, if I don't think about them, I don't see them

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 07:18 PM
    Not really a big deal - is it.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 07:30 PM
    Hey Everyone,
    So I was basically looking to get a Q10 to compliment my Z10 (hey I'm a geek don't judge me ) and I was wondering if these spots are noticeable on any other colour besides black.

Thanks everyone
    06-29-13 08:43 PM
    Hey Everyone,
    So I was basically looking to get a Q10 to compliment my Z10 (hey I'm a geek don't judge me ) and I was wondering if these spots are noticeable on any other colour besides black.

Thanks everyone
    Not really.
    06-30-13 03:03 AM
    I remember this.... thought i'll bump this....

mine isn't black spots/dots mine looks like someone spilled a drink on the top left of my screen a big darker splash thing on it...

but cannot see it while viewing pictures or the GUI... just videos very strange....

Hopefully BlackBerry can address this issue in the future (or maybe they have)
    01-05-15 07:38 PM
    I don't even know what that means! Lol to me if the phone works it's all good! I couldn't tell you.

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    01-05-15 09:27 PM
    Wow, I remember this thread. It's the reason why I noticed the black spots on my screen. Now they can't be unseen... Thankfully I only see them when I think about them. They really aren't an issue at all.
    Ashokt44 likes this.
    01-13-15 06:48 PM
    Never knew about this issue with AMOLED screens before. Just checked mine and thankfully there are none.

Is it something that happens over time?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 08:33 PM
    Is it something that happens over time?
    Burned screen happened if you let your phone in the sun for a long time.
    01-13-15 08:39 PM
43 12