03-08-15 07:45 PM
72 123
tools
    For one thing, the contact profiles only show half of the contact picture associated unless one taps on the picture to fully reveal it where as before it would show the full picture. Also the text message layout seems kinda clunky and blocky as opposed to what it was before. There's some nice updates but I definitely preferred the look of the hub pre 10.3.1

Also, sadly this update didn't fix the double typing issue as I was hoping it might.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-21-15 08:22 PM
    I somehow believe so, this 10.3 update is not for Q10 but for devices with larger screens. I hope BlackBerry releases updates specific for a device so as to avoid or even just minimize problems which I'm feeling are device compatibility issues.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.1.2243.
    02-21-15 09:06 PM
    Exactly. If q10 stick with 10.2
    02-21-15 09:21 PM
    I wish I had known this before I went and updated. Not cool for Q10 users.
    02-21-15 09:27 PM
    I was thinking the same thing. Oh well, I'm sure it will get fixed in due time.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:54 AM
    Huh... it's the opposite. They made more room for all devices including Qs

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    02-22-15 12:56 AM
    I really dont understand why people complain, I think it is a step foward and I prefer 10.3 over 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 02:25 AM
    Bring the font down and take a look at your hub.... also go take a look at your new keyboard shortcuts.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 02:27 AM
    Huh... it's the opposite. They made more room for all devices including Qs

Posted via CB10
    hahah you are blind and def or you dont own Q device .

ps with this post this "CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses" doesent fit in description under your pic. BB users are not in 100 millions users , and if 10% of users have issue then is BAD OS ! Think .
    02-22-15 02:28 AM
    hahah you are blind and def or you dont own Q device .

ps with this post this "CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses" doesent fit in description under your pic. BB users are not in 100 millions users , and if 10% of users have issue then is BAD OS ! Think .
    I'm not blind.. compare the screenshots... you get more apps on one screen... you get more items on hub now by lowering font because it actually scales, the UI elements are a few pixels shorter from top and bottom....

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 02:34 AM
    I'm not blind.. compare the screenshots... you get more apps on one screen... you get more items on hub now by lowering font because it actually scales, the UI elements are a few pixels shorter from top and bottom....

Posted via CB10
    Im not interested in more apps on screen . RIM is dead and this just shows it comes soon . i'm happy i own second phone that i can use when ship goes down like this ! i say it again 10% is BIG !
    02-22-15 02:44 AM
    Do you have the some problem that when you select the "quick edit" button in the right upper corner, for BBM, SMS etc you see only quick reply button but not delete one? On my brother's Z10 both are appearing.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 02:45 AM
    Im not interested in more apps on screen . RIM is dead and this just shows it comes soon . i'm happy i own second phone that i can use when ship goes down like this ! i say it again 10% is BIG !
    The company is called BlackBerry not RIM. You download an OS and use it for maybe 1 day and didn't bother reading my suggestions. Instead you rather be a dumb ******* troll.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 02:48 AM
    The company is called BlackBerry not RIM. You download an OS and use it for maybe 1 day and didn't bother reading my suggestions. Instead you rather be a dumb ******* troll.

Posted via CB10
    hahaha RIM BB same sheise . are you developer ? if yes then fix it if not go play with your toy , my is for use not for playin arount trying to fix bugs .
    Not troll just frustrated and have every right to be ! if you dont like it then you are arogant to others people problems !
    02-22-15 02:59 AM
    Does conversations about how right or wrong or how many people don't like this new update or not. It's always the same resistance to change that everyone have. 10%? Where does those figures comes from? Once I heard a very famous chef saying that if everyone really liked his food, he knew he was doing something wrong. However, if at least 5 to 10 percent of his diners said that they didn't enjoy, he knew he was cooking well and what he likes doing.
    It's always going to be like that, some people won't like, but now, if majority doesn't, there must be something very very wrong. There are things that I like about the new OS and things I did prefer the previous OS, however, you adjust and adapt, embrace the changes and then you'll get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    BrandonQ10 likes this.
    02-22-15 04:57 AM
    Does conversations about how right or wrong or how many people don't like this new update or not. It's always the same resistance to change that everyone have. 10%? Where does those figures comes from? Once I heard a very famous chef saying that if everyone really liked his food, he knew he was doing something wrong. However, if at least 5 to 10 percent of his diners said that they didn't enjoy, he knew he was cooking well and what he likes doing.
    It's always going to be like that, some people won't like, but now, if majority doesn't, there must be something very very wrong. There are things that I like about the new OS and things I did prefer the previous OS, however, you adjust and adapt, embrace the changes and then you'll get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    Im ok with new gui , if it works . i have couple probs.
    1. low volume
    2. Sim contacts gone ( cannot copy to sim)

I use Q10 for work , meetings, mails, call . what use of phone if i cannot hear if someone calls , send mail etc. and no contact on Sim ( just on Q10 , nexus 5 shows my SIM contacts??!!??) .
    02-22-15 05:42 AM
    You also get the ability to not hear the phone ring, or email notifications when they arrive. The BB ASSistant also does not make making a phone call easier to make using a Bluetooth Headset. My Q10 has become obsolete by all intent and definition.
    lift likes this.
    02-22-15 09:58 AM
    The camera and remember app software updates are great, as is the new text cursor, but yeah the text message interface is way too cluttered. That and with the word suggestions, it bounces up and down a lot when typing a longer message.

Not keen on the tiny new icons as well (which is different than my general dislike of the "flat" look). Too small on the Q10 screen BlackBerry, please update.
    02-22-15 12:13 PM
    Well, isn't it assumed that they'll push an update to address the volume issues.

Although I have to agree, something just doesn't seem to feel right about the new OS for the Q10.

The hub and sms app doesn't feel harmonized at all.

#CB10 #glassweave #qwerty
    02-22-15 01:51 PM
    Somehow I think a lot of people are missing the point. I use an example of an average user (my wife) as she sits on the couch and sees there is an update for her phone. I have always told her to keep her systems up to date so she thinks to be a great example and get started. THREE hours later - I kid you not - the update is installed and she reboots. I did not get any BBM from her until like 11 that morning. I have updated the OS and I hate it. When I come home tonight please fix it. It is however impossible to fix as the software coming with the wonderful phone has no way to roll back the update (yes I know I can use the auto loader). So I make a full system backup of the phone, twice and with that I start the autoloader to bring the phone back to 10.2.2 at which point I come to realize I am unable to restore her backup from the 10.3.1 OS. Sachesi impossible, any other tool not ready for BB10. So I move back to OS 10.3.1 (with BBLink on my stupendously fast computer it still takes 2 1/2 hour!!) and restore her phone, it works flawless. So far so good, I am unable to make the text or icons bigger and my wife is 80% blind so to her the screen is useless. I have no way yet to return her to 10.2.2 unfortunately. Now I looked at the screen and I truly like the new icons, the text is a little tiny on the Q10 and yes these are changes. My daughter, a Z30 carrier, updates and her screen is truly beautiful and so I come up with an idea to swap the systems but my wife wants a keyboard. Now I am thinking of getting her a classic.... Oh we are a high tech bunch here but this was a bit unexpected and yes we like the BB phones, always have. I carry other brands too as I frequently test things out with BES12 and so on, but I always return to the platform we like. So my BB friends: What can I do to help my wife or can you give me any advice?
    calutzu77 and Reipard LaShiec like this.
    02-22-15 03:30 PM
    For one thing, the contact profiles only show half of the contact picture associated unless one taps on the picture to fully reveal it where as before it would show the full picture. Also the text message layout seems kinda clunky and blocky as opposed to what it was before. There's some nice updates but I definitely preferred the look of the hub pre 10.3.1

Also, sadly this update didn't fix the double typing issue as I was hoping it might.
    That's not a Q10 issue, thats the way the OS is made to do it. I have a Q10 and Classic. Does the same thing on both phones. Sounds like you're whining because of the small screen size in general. Buy a Z30 or Passport then. This is what the OS is supposed to do. Font too big? Make it smaller so you can see more on the screen. Nothing wrong with the 10.3.1.
    02-22-15 03:37 PM
    Perhaps the idea of the upgrade OS was to get us to upgrade hardware from our Q10s. Planned to get a second Q10, but may stay with 10.2. Classic anyone?
    02-22-15 05:54 PM
    Dave is correct. 10.3.1 was intended for the Q10, among other devices. I'm not on the latest leak yet, but I've had no issues with 10.3.1.

Recall that 10.3 was meant for the Passport, originally. But that was not the case with 10.3.1.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    02-22-15 06:02 PM
    I love Q10... love it more with this new 10.3.1. Nothing to complain.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    02-22-15 06:09 PM
    Does conversations about how right or wrong or how many people don't like this new update or not. It's always the same resistance to change that everyone have.

Posted via CB10
    It's wrong to generalize all complaints as resistance to change. The changes I mentioned are not improvements I need to get used to. They aren't improvements at all. The contacts picture is over sized for the Q10, that's a fact. I'm not negating the things that were changed for the better. The only thing I said is that this Os doesn't seem like it was designed with the Q10 in mind.

And why is Blackberry ignoring the double type issue that plagues it's physical keyboard phones?!
    02-22-15 06:38 PM
72 123