Dave is correct. 10.3.1 was intended for the Q10, among other devices.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    Have you checked the contacts? Why am I only seeing half of the contact picture now where as before I could see the full picture? It's a minor nuisance but it does make it seem like this Os wasn't properly scaled for a screen the size of the Q10.
    02-22-15 07:08 PM
    Also an annoyance on the 10.3 as compared to 10.2 is in the phone app the pictures of my wife used to be clearly labeled "Work" and "Home", but now they have the phone number first in tiny *** font that I can barely read, so I no longer can tell at a glance which icon is which.

How is that an upgrade?

For me all it ends up being is an annoyance. I bought my BlackBerry devices because I liked the way the operate, not because I hoped two years later they would different. Want to make fundamental UI changes? Fine, make them optional. Can't be bothered to make them optional? Don't make them.

Change for the sake of change, especially when it produces a degraded experience, is what people have a problem with.
    02-22-15 10:04 PM
    Have you checked the contacts? Why am I only seeing half of the contact picture now where as before I could see the full picture? It's a minor nuisance but it does make it seem like this Os wasn't properly scaled for a screen the size of the Q10.
    I believe there is a problem with your installation. I see the entire picture of the contacts, just as before.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    02-22-15 10:07 PM
    I believe there is a problem with your installation. I see the entire picture of the contacts, just as before.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    Not the contact list pictures but once you actually open one of the contacts. Do you then see that specific contact's entire picture?
    02-22-15 10:34 PM
    Not the contact list pictures but once you actually open one of the contacts. Do you then see that specific contact's entire picture?
    By default, it shows you a strip of a picture. If you tap on it, the details shift downward, showing the entire picture. I believe that is a usability feature for small-screened devices like the Q10, as the contact details are more important than the picture.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    Last edited by clickitykeys; 02-23-15 at 02:07 AM.
    02-23-15 12:06 AM
    By default, it shows you a strip of a picture. If you tap on it, the details shift downward, showing the entire picture. I believe that is a usability feature for small-screened devices like the Q10, as the contact details are more important than the picture.

Q10/10.3.1.821

Of course the contact details are more important than the picture but if you're just going to put a barely visible strip of the picture for the sake of usability, why put the picture at all? I have to tap on it to see it where as before the full picture was available with the swipe down motion to view the rest of the details. It's not like the strip of picture offers me more info than what I was able to see with the full picture and I'm sure people with Z10s are still able to view a full picture.

And even when people call me, all I see is that same strip of their contact picture, so clearly this Os version wasn't really scaled for Q10 size screens.
    Warios likes this.
    02-23-15 02:12 AM
    Does it seem like this Os update wasn't designed for the screen size of the Q10?-crackberry-image-16-.jpg
    Proof that icon sizes haven't actually changed in size... go ahead and do your own comparisons with Q10 to Q10. It is an illusion that it looks smaller because there is no grey box behind the app.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 03:47 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrackBerry Image(16).jpg 
Views:	702 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	336337
    Proof that icon sizes haven't actually changed in size... go ahead and do your own comparisons with Q10 to Q10. It is an illusion that it looks smaller because there is no grey box behind the app.

Posted via CB10
    Oh boy, I like the 10.2 icons....

Posted via CB10
    killkenny1 likes this.
    02-23-15 04:07 PM
    There is a difference on Q10. Same screen, before and after the upgrade :

Does it seem like this Os update wasn't designed for the screen size of the Q10?-img_20150219_173326_edit.pngDoes it seem like this Os update wasn't designed for the screen size of the Q10?-img_20150221_190041.png
    02-23-15 04:32 PM
    There is a difference on Q10. Same screen, before and after the upgrade :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150219_173326_edit.png 
Views:	630 
Size:	304.5 KB 
ID:	336342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150221_190041.png 
Views:	627 
Size:	217.3 KB 
ID:	336343
    Text below the icon is clearer though and not smaller. The icons themselves seem to be a 1/4 smaller -ish

Posted via CB10
    SL BB likes this.
    02-23-15 08:53 PM
    I have no probs with smaller size of icons. It looks very good indeed.
    But the system is not running well & it keeps draining my battery.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:20 PM
    Icon size really wasn't the main problem tho. It's the overall look of the Os on Q10s that makes it seem clunky. I also did notice that the alarm sound is much lower than it used to be but I suspect this to be the same issue for all handsets upgraded to 10.3.1, not just the Q10.
    02-24-15 12:51 AM
    That's not a Q10 issue, thats the way the OS is made to do it. I have a Q10 and Classic. Does the same thing on both phones. Sounds like you're whining because of the small screen size in general. Buy a Z30 or Passport then. This is what the OS is supposed to do. Font too big? Make it smaller so you can see more on the screen. Nothing wrong with the 10.3.1.
    If that's the way the Os is then that part is definitely not an upgrade because it absolutely didn't use to do that before. So no, I'm not "whining" about the small screen size and it has nothing to do with the font size since the issue happens with whatever font I use and it didn't before the upgrade.
    02-24-15 01:02 AM
    Exactly right. The screen is now a disaster. Sensitivity has gone and it takes 7-10 presses just to go back one page.
    Blackberry has done the number on Q10 uses
    anon(9155131), playfoot and lift like this.
    02-24-15 01:38 AM
    You are absolutely right, the so called upgrade messed up the screen size. My Q10 opens with HALF INCH high letters. I am not whining, I am furious, so the proselytizer for Q10 who feels it is fine has not understood the issue at all. OS10.30 sucks - on the Q10 - I am least interested in the Z30 or the Passport.
    02-24-15 01:50 AM
    Exactly right. The screen is now a disaster. Sensitivity has gone and it takes 7-10 presses just to go back one page.
    Blackberry has done the number on Q10 uses
    I observed that too. Sensitivity on 10.3.1 is really bad compared to 10.2.1. Sometimes, I have to press 3 or 4 times to do an action. And I don't have big hands.
    lift likes this.
    02-24-15 01:52 AM
    If like me you combine Apps into folder categories then you may have firstly noticed that they've created more space by making the icons smaller but also more essentially when combining apps into folders you now can have more than 1 page within each folder. -yippee!

For those that don't do this will have absolutely no idea what I'm on about.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    02-24-15 06:49 AM
    ...yep! I have the Q10 and I can verify that the icons ARE smaller. Yes there is no grey behind BUT the icons ARE smaller. (And this for me is a good thing)
    Anyone who says anything different about the size of the icons certainly does NOT have a Blackberry Q10.
    02-24-15 06:56 AM
    I don't have the 10.3 update yet (verizon). But reading all these posts it's like BlackBerry can do no good. Whatever decision they make it's always the wrong one. They can't just sit back and not update the ui the 10.3 looks a lot nicer to me but that's my opinion. I'm sure they will polish it over time. At least they are updating all the devices I mean the Q10 is over 2 years old right. So if they did not update it we would be attacking them saying how could they not update all these phones there is always going to be problems. It's a big update I like changes keeps it fresh

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 07:46 AM
    Huh... it's the opposite. They made more room for all devices including Qs

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree with u dave it's given a lease of life to q10 and z10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    02-24-15 08:09 AM
    I am also on Verizon and they seem to get a lot of grief from BB users for "late updates." But hearing all of the early adopters playing around with 10.3.1 and the issues many are having, perhaps Verizon is right to give us updates later than other carriers. Verizon was one of the later carriers to release 10.2.1. A LOT of griping and whining and complaining by Verizon BB users, but the build they released seemed to be a solid, stable one. A lot of you want the latest update and that's understandable, but sometimes holding out is the best play. Well, I guess we Verizon users don't really have a choice other than going the Sachesi route Any OS at first is going to not play nice all of the time and have issues. Can't always have a "perfect OS build" at first.

Trust me, I am excited for 10.3.1. Lots of cool features, but me personally, I take the "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" approach and am patient with these things. I was like that with 10.2.1. I DID come close to downloading from Sachesi but the day I decided that, Verizon released the official 10.2.1 build
    02-24-15 09:53 AM
    why wouldnt people do a backup before the update? it sounds like some just went ahead with it.... even apple backs up before you update...
    02-24-15 11:55 AM
    The BBM group picture comments also no longer show a time stamp.
    02-25-15 02:32 AM
    I've done the update and it has changed a lot of things and it take a little getting used to. But I find it great on the BBQ10. Only complaint is as always the name of who you are calling is to small! The screen on the Q10 isn't huge and you find yourself squinting to read the name who you are callling...

BB10 Q10 321chutelibre.fr
    02-25-15 07:11 AM
    Icon size really wasn't the main problem tho. It's the overall look of the Os on Q10s that makes it seem clunky. I also did notice that the alarm sound is much lower than it used to be but I suspect this to be the same issue for all handsets upgraded to 10.3.1, not just the Q10.
    Imo, 10.3 is a clunky looking OS compared to 10.2. BlackBerry just added a lot of junk all over the place. They added some seriously good features too, but I agree, it's cluttered and visually unappealing. It's an OS for the Passport, and I'm not enjoying it on my classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 07:19 AM
72 123