I'm new to the BB. When I found out about this feature, I thought "cool".

Does the Holster setting work? I set my holster setting to "On", put my phone in my BB leather holster.

I then call myself on another phone (just in case you think I'm an *****). I pull out the BB Q10 in my holster and it doesn't answer. What's the secret? Anyone? Do you have to put your phone into holster a certain magical way?
    06-24-13 05:27 PM
    Works for me. What kind of holster are you using? If you can find the magnet, it should sit on the screen of the Q10 just below the second column of apps. I realized that with the leather holster you can put the phone in either way and I'm pretty sure the magnet is only on one side. Try it again with your phone in the other way maybe.
    06-24-13 05:34 PM
    From what you are saying it sounds like you want it to auto answer when removed from holster, if that's the case then yes it will do that there used to be a setting but now it seems to have disapeared. Also note that you need to be using a blackberry holster with the sleep magnet, I think siedo also has the magnet but not sure, any other 3rd party one likely doesn't so won't work

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 06:02 PM
    Setting is still there in the phone app settings len. But you are correct, not every holster has a magnet.
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    06-24-13 06:19 PM
    Ahh ok I was looking under the main settings for holster options. That seems a bit fragmented to me, the way it makes sense to me is all of the basic blackberry settings, phone, text, bbm etc should have options in the main settings menu.

Posted via CB10
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    06-25-13 05:27 AM
    I have the BlackBerry holster and there isn't an option to change notifications to vibrate when the phone is holstered. Anyone else encounter this? Any solution?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 07:23 PM
    Anyone else encounter this?

Posted via CB10
    We have all encountered that. The changing of notifications via holstering is not in the OS yet.
    06-28-13 08:58 PM
    We have all encountered that. The changing of notifications via holstering is not in the OS yet.
    Yes, and I REALLY wish they would have sorted that out. The different options for holstering were a major part of the BlackBerry experience for me

Still, it's a fabulous 'phone!
    06-29-13 03:45 AM