I saw in the contacts settings that if you click on the option you can retrieve more info on the contacts you have.

Does anyone actually do this? What does it do?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 09:57 AM
    I have a 9310, and use my Gmail account to sync my contacts. Not sure if you're talking about the newer BB's or just syncing in general.

It might retrieve address, date reminders (birthday, anniversary, etc) and maybe digital addresses like PIN or email.
    01-13-14 10:09 AM
    I believe the option you are referring to will go through your contact lists and then search your on-line accounts (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc) to gather more information about your contacts. You may follow someone on Twitter who is also on LinkedIn but not a contact their, for example.

I don't know what all it does, cause I generally don't let cloud services paw through my personal data. YMMV
    01-13-14 10:22 AM
    I believe the option you are referring to will go through your contact lists and then search your on-line accounts (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc) to gather more information about your contacts. You may follow someone on Twitter who is also on LinkedIn but not a contact their, for example.

I don't know what all it does, cause I generally don't let cloud services paw through my personal data. YMMV
    Seems to be this. Also, I have a contact who works for Peterbilt and it came up with company news for him

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~ Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    01-13-14 10:49 PM