I find that I don't, even though you can move all your icons around and get organized, I don't bother. I just swipe up to get to the home screen and start typing the name of the app I want. For most, a couple of keystrokes is all it takes to get the app to show up at the top of the search results.

Just wondering whether I'm the only one out there doing this. By the way, I'm the same with my Start menu in windows.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 07:16 PM
    Personally I don't, but just trying it out now, I can see why you would do it that way.

It's a bit more fun to scroll through the apps. One of the reasons I hate my BlackBerry Z10! It's too efficient! I want one of those slow phones like the iPhones where you spend your time scrolling through the app drawer to find stuff!

But seriously, the other reason I don't do it is because instead of typing like 5 letters or so to have the app come up in the search, I pretty much memorized where the apps are and can swipe the correct number of times to get to my app just as fast as the search would get me to the app.
    Joseph K Muscat and Mack Gans like this.
    11-05-13 07:27 PM
    Yeah, I love the swipe up and over with my thumb. I cut my screens down to 3, and have several folders on the last page now. Just have to memorize what's in the folders and life will be better.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 07:36 PM
    I usually swipe to the app because I know how many swipes and clicks (counting the clicks in folders too) it takes to a certain app. Might try your solution tho, sounds like a nice way too.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 08:36 PM
    I use it... I think it's because my my last device was a Windows Phone which lacked a centralized search.

Type to find was one of the things I appreciated most about WebOS - it never occurred to me before to get back into the habit.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    11-05-13 08:40 PM