Works perfectly fine. Have treated it very carefully except for one drop from about 3 feet and it had the flipcase on it.

Seems to make a metally rattling sound when I quickly (but not vigorously) flip it over. Does anyone else's make noise?
    12-21-14 08:32 PM
    Possibly the two NFC contacts are moving around a little making the noise you're hearing. They tend to be a little loose. Try taking your cover off and wiggle them.
    12-21-14 09:48 PM
    None here on mu Q10 purchased on launch May 2013!

Posted via Q10
    12-21-14 11:59 PM
    My back cover is like loose in the middle when pressed. like popping. No fall, no bumps at all.i Put a peice of paper folded in 3. Then Solid as it is!

BlackBerry Q10 Manila
    12-22-14 12:22 AM
    When I started using Q10 I wandered about the same thing, and yes, it turned out to be NFC antenna.
    blackberry4good likes this.
    12-22-14 03:44 AM
    Generally caused by memory becoming fragmented over time. Blocks of allocated memory become loose and begin to rattle as they brush against one another.
    bbnrs and jamesharmeling like this.
    12-22-14 10:29 AM
    Maybe the battery is loose?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 11:45 AM
    Had mine checked. Yup, rattled a bit but thats it. Suspect battery loose. Maybe.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 11:49 AM
    I also have some popping sound when a portion of my screen is pressed. But no damage to the display itself. Seems that something was broken underneath that this portion of the screen moves downwards when slightly pressed. Still, phone is perfectly functioning!

Posted via BB Q10
    12-22-14 01:16 PM
    It's the 2 gold pins you see when you take off the back cover. Mines been doing it pretty much from the beginning. It's not a problem.

Posted via CB10
    blackberry4good likes this.
    12-22-14 02:46 PM
    Hey guys, the few of you who said it was the nfc antenna were spot on. I have wiggled it around a bit but that doesn't do anything. Any suggestions for stopping the rattling? It just annoys me a little.

And for the people who said it might be the creaky battery case it's not that but I did have that problem when I first got it but it was easily remedied by putting a little piece of paper in side the case.

edit: ignore this the rattling has stopped now!
    12-23-14 06:45 AM
    Do you people spend your day looking at your phone(s) for discrepancies?

Back door noise.
    NFC rattling.

Slight rattling noise when moved quickly, like really?

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-23-14 07:03 PM

Back door noise.
    NFC rattling.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    We don't spend the day looking for issues but they're easily noticeable when we're on our devices for literally hours a day. Some of us have a hard time with these annoyances knowing that we work hard for our money and when we choose to spend it on something after much deliberation we expect a quality product. So yeah. Really

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 08:12 PM
    We don't spend the day looking for issues but they're easily noticeable when we're on our devices for literally hours a day. Some of us have a hard time with these annoyances knowing that we work hard for our money and when we choose to spend it on something after much deliberation we expect a quality product. So yeah. Really

Posted via CB10
    Electronics in the end are all junk no matter how you look at them, like smartphones these days are a convenient way of communication.

Your phone won't feel or look new forever, one key rattling will not change your lifestyle, every phone will be different coming out of the assembly line. Over time these hours you spend at some point you will just forget about it.

Rattling noise doesn't compromise the function of the phone nor does it indicate bad quality, people expect to much and perfection. Yes really.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    12-23-14 08:27 PM
    Lol..

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 08:42 PM
    12-24-14 12:07 PM

Back door noise.
    NFC rattling.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    I also have some overheating. These three are the issues I'm currently have with my Q10.
    When you think about it, yes, they don't really affect call/communication quality. However, they ruin overall user experience. And no, I don't search for imperfections, they presented themselves very easy. Visited PC Part Picker from default browser, boom - device got hot. Picked up the phone from table, heard rattling NFC antenna noise, etc. These things are like dead pixels, once you notice them, they won't go away from your head.
    Besides, these things make it harder to show off in front of other people.
    12-24-14 01:02 PM
    It is the NFC antennae. The two contacts rattle against the phone/battery door. If you don't use NFC, sticking a business card in between the battery door and your device stops the rattling.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    12-25-14 11:42 PM
    It is the NFC antennae. The two contacts rattle against the phone/battery door. If you don't use NFC, sticking a business card in between the battery door and your device stops the rattling.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    It's strange I keep hearing how good it is that blackberry devices have nfc but I've never heard of anyone actually using it. Is it just built in to avoid future obsolescence?
    12-26-14 06:18 AM