I have a z10 and know I want a q10 but I had read about the double typing issue on it. So I want to know that does every q10 owner is experiencing this issue or not??
    And how to solve this double typing problem?
    05-26-14 03:42 AM
    I've had three, sold 2, and my current daily driver, I had to replace the screen because the original one got a little crack in the top left corner. When I was finished, my keyboard's backlight wasn't working, so thinking it was the keyboard, I replaced the keyboard, but the problem was still the same. Turns out I accidentally left out the sensor array, so I installed that and now everything works. So basically, between the 3 Q10's I've had used 4 keyboards and none of mine had the double typing issue. But some others do have it. Just remember that you're much more likely to go on a forum to report that you have an issue than to go online and report that you don't... So you're bound to see a lot of people with issues no matter what the product...
    05-26-14 03:55 AM
    No, not every Q10 has this pproblem. Thhere are also multiple forms how this issue looks like, ranging from occaasional ddouble inputs of certain keys (like mine does) to extremely sensitive keys which react if you just barely touch them.
    There is a long thread around here whith lots of informations. You keep seeing more peoople join the doublle-typing club on a weekly basis. However as already stated by another member: People post in forums when something is not right, not when everything works. But even then the large and growing number of Q10 which suffer from these issues aren't a good sign at all.

As for how to fix it? Some people disabled all text based input help options, reinstalled the OS and everything was fine. Yet most people had to send it in to get the keyboard fixed. Sad but true some of them already replaced the keyboard two or three times and the problem kept on appearing after a few months. While it stayed fixed for others.

It is quite sad there are no words we hear about that either from BlackBerry or CrackBerry staff. I know Kevin send over a notice of that large double typing issue topic over BB, but so far nothing. Not too long ago Michael Clewley stated he just heard about such a problem for the first time from a single user - even though Kevin has forwarded the topic since quite a whhile.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    05-26-14 04:09 AM
    We have two q10 that we got when it was release so far no dbl typing.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 04:23 AM
    My Q10 works well, do not have double typing issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 04:35 AM
    I had problems with keyboard. Many button lost the click and one of them stopped to work. I replaced the keyboard last week and this new one seems much better.

Maybe I had back luck, or this is an issue of BlackBerry.

Q10
    05-26-14 04:51 AM
    I have no double typing on mine.

I got it used, here in the Marketplace. It is SOLID, no issues at all.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    dierre likes this.
    05-26-14 05:07 AM
    Mine does.. very frustrating. Don't understand how this still can be an issue after bb made so many phones with physical keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    dierre likes this.
    05-26-14 05:19 AM
    I've never experienced it with mine.

Posted via CB10
    dierre likes this.
    05-26-14 05:58 AM
    No, not every Q10 has this pproblem. Thhere are also multiple forms how this issue looks like, ranging from occaasional ddouble inputs of certain keys (like mine does) to extremely sensitive keys which react if you just barely touch them.
    There is a long thread around here whith lots of informations. You keep seeing more peoople join the doublle-typing club on a weekly basis. However as already stated by another member: People post in forums when something is not right, not when everything works. But even then the large and growing number of Q10 which suffer from these issues aren't a good sign at all.

As for how to fix it? Some people disabled all text based input help options, reinstalled the OS and everything was fine. Yet most people had to send it in to get the keyboard fixed. Sad but true some of them already replaced the keyboard two or three times and the problem kept on appearing after a few months. While it stayed fixed for others.

It is quite sad there are no words we hear about that either from BlackBerry or CrackBerry staff. I know Kevin send over a notice of that large double typing issue topic over BB, but so far nothing. Not too long ago Michael Clewley stated he just heard about such a problem for the first time from a single user - even though Kevin has forwarded the topic since quite a whhile.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    I have always had this issue since my first Bold the 9000. The issue with my two Bold 9900 continued but when I replaced the keyboard in one of them at a very efficient repair shop here in South Miami, the problem disappeared, never to return with that particular phone. Now I am using the Q10 and the problem is back again but with the fact that it sporadically happens with any key.
    I also have a Z30 which I am using as a way to learn and practice to type until I feel as at ease as with the Q10.
    I am having second thoughts about this issue in the coming "Classic" or Q20 or however it will be called. Most likely I will wait until I read the reports of the users. If I read that it continues to have the same double typing problems, I will probably skip buying it.
    05-26-14 06:14 AM
    I have had the problem multiple times.
    05-27-14 09:59 PM