One reason I want a Q10 is the QWERTY keyboard. I think that it would be good for me as an author. The fact that I can edit documents when I'm not near my computer seems like a huge selling point. I think that it could improve the frequency that I write and the quality. Has anyone tried typing anything longer than an average e-mail on their Q10, Q5, or BB7 or lower device with Docs to Go?
    04-04-14 08:06 PM
    Yes, of course. I used Docs To Go to take notes for a Coursera class I was taking. Would write down two lectures worth of bullet points, and then back up to Dropbox. Works pretty well.

I've not created long PPT files on the Q, but have often copied 20-60 minute PPT presentations from my computer, over to my Q10. Then, on flights or while at the airport, I've used Docs To Go to rehearse the presentations. This is a lifesaver, because it means that I don't need to fire up my laptop all the time. Also works well with animations in powerpoint, though "Word Art" may not always show up faithfully.

Hope that helps. BTW, the most typing I do on the Q10 (other than Email and BBM), is not in Docs To Go, but in Evernote. It has become an integral part of my workflow.
    04-04-14 09:05 PM
    Yep, works great. One of the reasons I'm still with BlackBerry.
    04-04-14 10:13 PM
    Yep, reviewing reports, making projectplan etcetera all works great. I tend to write down what's in my head on a dull moment. Save it to dropbox and do the final edit on my laptop.

Way more comfortable working on the couch then at the table

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 09:09 AM
    I use my Z10 to type chapters in Docs to go. It works well and then I send it to Onedrive and my PC and edit more. I wrote a book on my Bold before this and I have written close to thirty chapters for different books on my Z10 so far. I have a Q10 as well but I have became acclimated to the larger screen of the Z10.
    04-05-14 09:15 AM
    Have you written anything I may have read? Do you have a website with some excerpts?
    04-05-14 01:05 PM
    I've wrote up resumes on it, blogs, and even a few articles when I was a writer for a smaller forum site.

Post by 9of13's Q
    04-06-14 04:06 AM