12-11-14 07:38 AM
63 123
tools
    I missed everything about my 9930. For about a month. No more, trackball included.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 05:35 PM
    Missed the track pad for about one day and not again since, I think not having the track pad has improve my experience with BB10 and to return to a track pad (BlackBerry Classic) would hinder my experience.
    12-07-14 07:12 PM
    Yup, I miss the trackpad. However, what I miss most about the 9900 is its cool (as in cold), smooth, thin feel in my hand. The Q10 feels warm and sweaty by comparison. I keep my 9900 on my desk as a bit of flair, so I pick it up all the time and wish I could the Q10 into its chassis...

The trackpad is better for selecting and editing text, particularly at the edge of the screen, where the Q10 circle thing fails horribly. It is also far less error prone when clicking links - with the Q10 you have to zoom and then touch, where as on the 8520/9900 you just moused over and clicked. Finally, the trackpad was also a button and that combination is very powerful from an ergonomic standpoint. Navigating a BlackBerry OS7 menu was faster and easier than navigating a BlackBerry OS10 menu, as it was 100% accurate with only the thumb. Using just a thumb in BlackBerry OS10 can often be a lesson in frustration due to the combination of touch screen inaccuracies and gestures.

The trackpad, despite what many around here choose to believe, was one of BlackBerry/RIM's most innovative pieces of mobile technology.
    1TIME likes this.
    12-08-14 01:47 PM
    Yup, I miss the trackpad. However, what I miss most about the 9900 is its cool (as in cold), smooth, thin feel in my hand. The Q10 feels warm and sweaty by comparison. I keep my 9900 on my desk as a bit of flair, so I pick it up all the time and wish I could the Q10 into its chassis...

The trackpad is better for selecting and editing text, particularly at the edge of the screen, where the Q10 circle thing fails horribly. It is also far less error prone when clicking links - with the Q10 you have to zoom and then touch, where as on the 8520/9900 you just moused over and clicked. Finally, the trackpad was also a button and that combination is very powerful from an ergonomic standpoint. Navigating a BlackBerry OS7 menu was faster and easier than navigating a BlackBerry OS10 menu, as it was 100% accurate with only the thumb. Using just a thumb in BlackBerry OS10 can often be a lesson in frustration due to the combination of touch screen inaccuracies and gestures.

The trackpad, despite what many around here choose to believe, was one of BlackBerry/RIM's most innovative pieces of mobile technology.
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but BlackBerry was not the trackpad innovator. They were merely an adopter.
    12-08-14 02:05 PM
    The trackpad is better for selecting and editing text, particularly at the edge of the screen, where the Q10 circle thing fails horribly. It is also far less error prone when clicking links - with the Q10 you have to zoom and then touch, where as on the 8520/9900 you just moused over and clicked.
    How do you edit your text ? The idea is not to tap and tap until you place the cursor where you want. You just have to tap near the area and, either move the cursor by touching the circle on the external edge, either tap the top/right/bottom/left border to progress character by character. You will get used to it pretty quickly and love it

And to select some text place the cursor at the start and press Shift on the keyboard, then just swipe your finger on the screen to the end (you can also long pressing to auto-select each second : word, sentence, paragraph, etc... or just release at any time and tap the Select All icon.

As for clicking link, did you try to trust the system ? I found the predictive feature to be awesome ! Never failed me, even with small link (like pagination links : 8 9 10 > >>). I guess you learn the trick as the system learns his
    12-08-14 02:17 PM
    How do you edit your text ? The idea is not to tap and tap until you place the cursor where you want. You just have to tap near the area and, either move the cursor by touching the circle on the external edge, either tap the top/right/bottom/left border to progress character by character. You will get used to it pretty quickly and love it

And to select some text place the cursor at the start and press Shift on the keyboard, then just swipe your finger on the screen to the end (you can also long pressing to auto-select each second : word, sentence, paragraph, etc... or just release at any time and tap the Select All icon.

As for clicking link, did you try to trust the system ? I found the predictive feature to be awesome ! Never failed me, even with small link (like pagination links : 8 9 10 > >>). I guess you learn the trick as the system learns his
    And when compared to the "point, click, point, click, done" method that is used on the 9900, thanks to the trackpad, it's stupendously obvious that using the trackpad is more efficient.

By all means, enjoy what you like, but try not to lose sight of reality just to justify your own purchase choice.
    12-09-14 06:09 PM
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but BlackBerry was not the trackpad innovator. They were merely an adopter.
    Show me a smartphone with a trackpad that predates BlackBerry's earliest smartphone with a trackpad.
    12-09-14 06:10 PM
    Show me a smartphone with a trackpad that predates BlackBerry's earliest smartphone with a trackpad.
    How about 8 instead:

Phone Finder results - GSMArena.com
    12-09-14 07:13 PM
    No I don't miss it at all & can't see what benefit having one could possibly have.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 02:16 AM
    I miss the toolbelt from my little red BlackBerry Curve 8310, especially the start/end call buttons. Today, in the name of screen real estate, many of us with touchscreen phones willingly go through the daft ritual of looking at the phone before we answer or end a call. What's weird to me is that people seem to be perfectly okay with this.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    12-10-14 02:56 AM
    I miss mine, but have gotten use to the BlackBerry 10 interface. Alas, I still use my bold 9900 on occasion due to the precision the trackpad offers. I also have a bold 9700 and two with trackwheels (7290, 7280) and one with a trackball (pearl 8130), which work as alarm clocks and voice recorders.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 using the CrackBerry 10 application
    12-10-14 01:00 PM
    No, I love my Q10. I like the size of the Classic vs the Passport, but would give up the trackpad row for more screen. Why can't they use the 4 rows of keys as a trackpad like the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 07:34 AM
    When I get used to my Q5, I don't need trackpad anymore.
    12-11-14 07:38 AM
63 123