I've had my Q10 since May 1st, and every now and then when I pick up my phone or use my phone I'll hear a slight creak (sounds similar to a keyboard creak). Not really sure where it comes from on the phone, but it's there.. it comes and goes once in a while.. also, I've noticed that if you press down on the battery door in some spots it makes the noise there too... anyone elses unit do this?
    05-05-13 11:39 AM
    No creaks anywhere for me other than a wobbly spacebar key

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:04 PM
    I have occasional creaks, too. It's either a battery door, or display glass. BlackBerry never learns.
    05-05-13 12:14 PM
    Today I noticed if I press the top by the BlackBerry name and just above the back fret, it will creak a little bit. I noticed it because the case I chose also causes some creaking at the top, because it's plastic and a tiny bit loose. So, I took it off and did a little "squeeze test" as described above and it does make a slightly annoying little creak. I though, "Hmmm, maybe if I tighten the screws a little bit, it will go away." the only problem is the two top screws have the "warranty stickers" on top of them, meaning I would likely be voiding my whole warranty by removing those tiny stickers to try to tighten the screws a little.
    05-24-13 02:48 PM
    I think that the battery groans a bit if pressed hard. Not a deal breaker or loud enough unless really pressed.
    05-24-13 03:15 PM
    If it's the battery door you might try a shim like in the 9800.
    05-24-13 03:16 PM
    On my Q10 i have noticed that the top left corner the screen is more level with the bezel than the right side, on the right top corner the screen feels slightly recessed compared to the bezel. When i press on the top left corner, it will push in slightly and then i hear a creek.

From the tear down videos i have watched, it appears as thought the Q10 is put together just like the 9900. There are 2 screws that hold the screen in place, probably located directly below the w and the o keys. When you take them out the screen slides down, so the top left the only issue i can suspect causing it is that the fit is not correct. Tightening the screws will not fix it.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 04:05 PM
    I think there are 2 screws at the top isn't there?
    05-24-13 05:14 PM
    Do you mean under the screen?

If those are the ones your talking about, those usually hold the bezel to the back plate of the phone. If this phone is like the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 05:17 PM
    05-24-13 05:30 PM
    I recently noticed when I swipe up on the screen I hear a small creak, maybe once in 20 tries.

After some thinking I found out its the top silver fret above the keyboard. I can replicate the sound by pressing on the center of the fret with my finger nail. It's annoying.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 08:25 AM
    Left side of screen. 1st noticed it while cleaning the screen. I think it's more from the hdmi/usb ports being there. Lack of mounting/resting area for the screen. Not enough to bother me though.

The battery wobble inside is what I find weird.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 02:32 PM
    Use a business card for the battery wobble.
    06-15-13 02:48 PM
    Thanks ^

It stopped after I put the BlackBerry flip case on it. Must've tightened the battery door.

Posted via CB10
    Johberry likes this.
    06-15-13 02:49 PM
    My battery door creaks because of those NFC pins springing and scratching the contacts.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 02:59 PM
    Screens are often attached using adhesives that might cause some sounds to occur when pressing your screen too hard around the BlackBerry logo, and along the sides. It is not heard unless a person squeezes their phone between index and thumb a considerable amount, otherwise, the only other time the tiny "creak" sound may occur is if your using your hands and holding the phone between your ear and shoulder to speak on the phone. Non issue really. Doesn't ever effect anything, unless you're sitting around squeezing the phone for some odd reason. Oh well, to each their own.

Posted via CB10 on a Q10 or a Z10, either way it's golden.
    skstrials likes this.
    06-15-13 03:57 PM
    The first time I heard it, it was precisely because I was holding it between ear and shoulder, I tested another one right out of the box, using my fingers and the same noise happened. The person at the store I was doing the test at, said a lot of iphone 5 users were also noticing the same thing on their iphones.

06-15-13 03:59 PM
    Screens are often attached using adhesives that might cause some sounds to occur when pressing your screen too hard around the BlackBerry logo, and along the sides. It is not heard unless a person squeezes their phone between index and thumb a considerable amount, otherwise, the only other time the tiny "creak" sound may occur is if your using your hands and holding the phone between your ear and shoulder to speak on the phone. Non issue really. Doesn't ever effect anything, unless you're sitting around squeezing the phone for some odd reason. Oh well, to each their own.

I have to say I agree. I used to be so obsessed with this when I first saw this on my first Q10 that I replaced it for a second Q10, but now using my replacement Q10 that was factory sealed, there is no creaking unless I press down on the left side of the screen adjacent to the HDMI and usb holes.

For normal usage the creaking doesn't really affect the user experience at all since you wouldn't press down on the screen that hard to begin with.
    03-20-14 01:42 AM