I'm fortunate enough to have both a Z10 and Q10. I love both devices. I like the screen real estate of the Z but I love everything about the Q including its better battery life, keyboard and design.

However I also use my Z to try out new leaks and test out software enhancements. This makes life difficult. (first world problem!) I only have one SIM and I'd love to use both devices but I really can't. This means I can only use one at a time.

Is anyone else out there in the same boat? What do you do?

Posted via Q10 goodness!!
    07-23-13 07:32 AM
    Z10 for personal and Q10 for work. Both phones are great. Q10 keyboard is best for work with the tons of email, text and bbm daily. No complaints about either phone. Well, maybe 1 and that would be carrier support in the US.
    BryantCarpio likes this.
    07-23-13 08:42 AM
    Aye, one for work, one for personal. I like to keep my lives separate. Z is the personal phone, I miss a real keyboard most of the time, but having the screen real estate is fantastic so I deal with it. Helps the virtual keyboard is pretty damn good on the Z's
    David in Durham likes this.
    07-23-13 08:49 AM
    Z on the left hip in holster, 9800 on the right hip in holster.
    07-23-13 08:58 AM
    I'm also anxious to hear how people deal with one sim and the two, as I'll have a Q soon???

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 09:04 AM
    I only have one SIM which is in the Q10. THe Q is my main device for making calls and for communication.
    I'm using the Z as a kind of "portable tablet", which I can carry in my pant's or jacket's pocket. For a real tablet I would have to carry a bag with me, something I'm often too lazy for.
    I'm using the Z10 through WiFi only. Thanks god, in my home town, there is an increasing number of hotspots available for free, in shopping malls, coffe shops, restaurants, public places etc. So whenever I feel like I want to surf the web, read newspapers, read emails, tweets etc. on a bigger screen, there is almost always a hotspot in reach for getting online.
    When having to respond to an email, I almost never do so on the Z, even when being online. Almost always, I'm finding myself picking up the Q10. I'm incapable of typing on glass. It just makes me nervous and feels uncomfortable.
    07-23-13 09:17 AM
    I have them both, but only one SIM also. (I don't want to pay for two plans when I really have no reason for two other than I like both phones! )

I just move SIM and SD card between the two, typically once a week or so. I use the same BB ID on both.
    If I know it's going to be a long day away from the charger I will switch to the Q10 for that day also.

It's a little hassle but really not bad... it's MUCH easier to switch BBM than it was in the past!! (I know, I'm darn lucky to have them both so not complaining about anything!)

ETA: I always have them both with me and I also use the Z10 on wifi as a mini-tablet when I'm using the Q10 for battery life/keyboard.
    07-23-13 09:43 AM
    I have them both, but only one SIM also. (I don't want to pay for two plans when I really have no reason for two other than I like both phones! )

I just move SIM and SD card between the two, typically once a week or so. I use the same BB ID on both.
    If I know it's going to be a long day away from the charger I will switch to the Q10 for that day also.

It's a little hassle but really not bad... it's MUCH easier to switch BBM than it was in the past!! (I know, I'm darn lucky to have them both so not complaining about anything!)

ETA: I always have them both with me and I also use the Z10 on wifi as a mini-tablet when I'm using the Q10 for battery life/keyboard.
    I'm thinking of doing the same.

I just have a couple of questions:

1) Does the back cover on the Q10 start to get loose if you remove too many times?
    2) If all your media is saved onto the SD card my guess is all of it just transfers to the other device seemlessly?
    07-23-13 07:00 PM
    I just switch from z10 to q10 i would have love to keep d z10 but that will be a waste of good hardware sitting on d side. Anyway after a day with q10 seems like home again. I guess i did mis physical keyboard but z10 has a really good virtual keyboard. Im gonna miz that bigger screen for games.

SQN 100-1 os 10.1.0.4651
    07-24-13 03:03 AM
    I only have one sim card but use both devices. I put my sim card in whichever one I want to use every few days.

I really think that if the Q10 had come out first, I might have been happy with just that, but since the Z10 came out before the Q10, I got a taste of BB10 on the bigger screen, and it's just hard to give up. And why should I? They're both cool phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 03:42 AM
    Yeah I found the same, I switched to my Z10 last night but by the time I finished work I had gone back to the Q. Too much of a great phone. Love it!

Posted via Q10 goodness!!
    07-24-13 07:13 AM
    I'm getting these errors on the new Q. I did buy from a private party, but I have used .4687, back to att official and now I'm back on .4687 again.
    Any help?

Do you carry Z10 & Q10? How?-img_00000001.pngDo you carry Z10 & Q10? How?-img_00000003.png
    07-28-13 10:49 AM
    Sometimes I carry my Q10 and my iPhone 5.
    07-28-13 11:45 AM
    Q10, in a soft silicone OEM case, usually in my shirt pocket.
    07-28-13 12:15 PM
    I'm thinking of doing the same.

I just have a couple of questions:

1) Does the back cover on the Q10 start to get loose if you remove too many times?
    2) If all your media is saved onto the SD card my guess is all of it just transfers to the other device seemlessly?
    Sorry, went off the grid for a week... :-D

1) I don't know about long term but so far that has not happened in the slightest. Back cover feels just as solid as the day I took it out of the box. I do always have a case on my phones though, so maybe it would eventually be an issue for those who don't use cases? Maybe buying a replacement back cover would solve that problem IF it ever did happen?

2) Yes, I save everything to my SD card so it transfers seamlessly. There are a couple of apps that save automatically to the device and I can't change that (one of my very few irritations), so I have to make sure to move anything I've downloaded to the SD card if I want to have access to it on the other BB (or I could sync it with BB Link if I didn't avoid Link as much as possible :-D). I also have all my contacts in a gmail account so contacts are always current regardless of device.
    08-01-13 09:36 AM