I have had carrier issued software release 10.2.1.2977 for awhile.

Under Notifications --> Core Applications there is no mention of any email accounts

And although I can change notification for Text Messages, in practice there is no LED or Vibrate or Sound that happens when a text does arrive.

I have been unable to resolve this issue and so I am resigned to "starting fresh".

Having said that I am not sure the best and safest way to do this and be successful.

I have backed up using BB Link.

Given the problem I describe above do I need do a....security wipe first?

Thanks for your advice.
    08-18-14 06:03 PM
    Are you going to reload the carrier software release you already had or install a leak?
    08-18-14 06:06 PM
    Simply reload carrier software.

But I want to do everything I can to return the phone to its previous state minus the above issue.
    08-18-14 06:07 PM
    If you want to reload your os, then do security wipe and if you want, reload your data through the backup.

But i suggest you use an autoloader and install one of the newer 10.2.1.3xxx or 10.2.2.xxxx. These are newer and updated os's. Since your carrier did not release any of them, use the autoloader of the os you want (search the forums). The autoloader will wipe your data and install the new os. Then you can restore your backup through Link
    08-18-14 06:09 PM
    If you want to reload your os, then do security wipe and if you want, reload your data through the backup.
    At what point in the process will I be prompted to reinstall the official carrier released OS?

I am inexperienced in such matters ie why would one not to reload data i.e. contacts, text and BBM history, apps etc?

But i suggest you use an autoloader and install one of the newer 10.2.1.3xxx or 10.2.2.xxxx. These are newer and updated os's. Since your carrier did not release any of them, use the autoloader of the os you want (search the forums). The autoloader will wipe your data and install the new os. Then you can restore your backup through Link
    Thanks for the suggestion but I dont feel confident enough to do this process.
    08-18-14 06:16 PM
    At what point in the process will I be prompted to reinstall the official carrier released OS?

I am inexperienced in such matters ie why would one not to reload data i.e. contacts, text and BBM history, apps etc?

Questions:
    1. One might not want to reload backup because the source of the problems might be an app or something that might've been backed up.

2. the autoloader is very simple to use. You download (which may take a while depending on your internet) and extract the file wherever you want (so far simple). Then you connect your device to your computer and open the autoloader. It'll then ask for your device password, input it and press enter. Then wait as it wipes and updates your device. It sounds complicated but its safe and easy
    08-18-14 06:23 PM
    1. One might not want to reload backup because the source of the problems might be an app or something that might've been backed up.
    I must be able to re-install my CONTACTS, notes in BB REMEMBER app etc

(I have so few apps installed)
    08-18-14 06:35 PM
    Loading a new software leak using an autoloader, is a very simple process, here are my suggested steps:
    Do it once and you will be hooked (see my signature)
    Preliminary notes:

Generally the file you download is a zip file that you can open using the free 7-Zip software 7-Zip (the built in unzipper on a PC won’t do it.)
    These instructions are for PCs, I don't believe that you can use this method on a MAC.
    Some people don't restore but re-set everything up from scratch. I personally have not had a problem restoring.
    Do not have your BB connected to the PC via a USB hub. The USB cable must connect your BB directly to the PC

1. Download the correct zip file for your make and model of BB
    2. extract the autoloader.exe file
    3. Backup your BB10 using BBLink. This is necessary because the autoloader will wipe all the data and settings on your device. Note it will not touch data on your SD Card.
    4. Close BBLink. Keep your PC connected to the BB
    5. Start the autoloader.exe file. This will load the new version of the OS
    6. Go through the initialization process (don't bother to sign into BB unless you don't plan to do a security wipe in step 7). There is a two-step tutorial at the end that you cannot bypass.
    7. Do a security wipe of the phone by going to Settings/Security and Privacy/Security Wipe (this takes about 20 minutes or so). This is a recommended but not required step, its purpose is to clean any fragments of older OS or other software left on the phone.
    8. Repeat step 6, signing into BB this time (omit if no security wipe done).
    9. Restore from BBLink. I recommend that you do not do a full restore but restore settings and media first, then restore applications data
    10. You will have to reinput passwords for e-mail, linked in, facebook etc and redo bluetooth connections (don't know why it doesn't save them).

You now have the latest software. It takes about 24 hours for the OS to settle down, re-index things etc. but then you will find you have a much better, smoother running machine with more functionality and better battery life.

More detailed instructions can be found here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ummies-895151/

and here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rocess-876037/
    08-18-14 07:05 PM
    I must be able to re-install my CONTACTS, notes in BB REMEMBER app etc

(I have so few apps installed)
    You can backup your contacts with Outlook or Gmail
    08-18-14 08:00 PM
    You can backup your contacts with Gmail
    It is been hit and miss re synchronization between Q10 Contacts and "My Contacts" in Gmail.

(146 Contacts on the phone and only 102 in Gmail).
    08-19-14 09:45 AM
    And I have so many NOTES/TASKS entries in built in BB Remember APP. I cant lose that.
    08-21-14 08:45 AM