11-07-14 09:56 PM
32 12
tools
    So I'm the only one with this issue. I must be from Mars. So how is it that what I tell you guys is what it is, and no one believes what I say? Is it just "Argue until your Blue day " today or what?

Or are you all so friggin' ignorant you can't understand English?

I'm fine with that.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 02:10 PM
    And tomorrow is a new day. Wooptee doo.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 02:13 PM
    Blackberry Data plans - or BIS plans are/ were for BB's that compressed data - sent it through the BB NOC and then on to the internet then back to the NOC re-compressed back to the phone which then uncompressed and un-encrypted the data. This is how legacy BB was coded. Very secure, compression saving data use as well.

BB10 devices do not receive or send compressed data and have no ability whatsoever to send data through the BB NOC. The individual who had difficulty with his Z10 is because his carrier blocked internet without the BB plan. Just like my carrier - Verizon blocks me from using wifi hotspot and tethering unless pay additional.

The answer to the OP should have been more complete to avoid confusion. BB10 devices do not need or require a BIS data plan. However, a very few carriers may force one on you.
    11-07-14 02:18 PM
    So I'm the only one with this issue. I must be from Mars. So how is it that what I tell you guys is what it is, and no one believes what I say? Is it just "Argue until your Blue day " today or what?

I'm fine with that.

Posted via CB10
    It's not about believing or not believing anyone.

We have experienced switching between phones and we all have been able to successfully switch between BlackBerry phones and other phones.

No need to believe or not believe any person, when we can test ourselves that BlackBerry phones work on any type of data plan.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    11-07-14 03:05 PM
    I hate it when people think that their opinions are facts. Get a grip

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 03:25 PM

I'm fine with that.

Posted via CB10
    Since you want facts, here you go, it seems to be only an issue with Bell/Virgin Mobile: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-z10...canada-edition

Nevertheless, it is not required by BlackBerry and therefore most carrier's regular data plans work on BB10. That's why most users haven't faced the issue you mention.

I'm sorry to say it, but you're the one who ends up looking ignorant and rude. It would've only taken a quick search on Crackberry to find the answer. I hope you understand English and are able to read the article... Or perhaps: Quieres que te explique todo con peras y manzanas en mi lengua natal?

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    11-07-14 03:32 PM
    Easy answer without the history lesson : no, you don't require a new plan. Just swap the SIM and you're good.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-07-14 09:56 PM
32 12