Wait and save my money and buy a Passport which in reality I will probably have to pay for an early upgrade and then quite a bit for the phone itself. Can probably get a q10 for �140.00 on ebay second hand, but then that's money I could put towards the Passport.

However, I don't know if I am going to want a physical keyboard. So the Q10 could be a trial I suppose. I do love full touch currently on a Z10 but really craving a Q10.

Okay as you can see I'm conflicted, can someone just decide for me please?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 03:35 PM
    I had the BlackBerry Torch 2, which was great, and now I have the Z30, which is amazing.

PROS :

1) Big 5" AMOLED low-drain screen;
    2) big long lasting 2800 mHa battery ;
    3) OS10 with great BlackBerry HUB and punch feature to organize all messaging and calls;
    4) sensitive Paratek antenna;
    5) FM radio;
    6) big virtual keyboard with auto correct and predictive text in multiple languages ;
    7) fast chip and fast Web browsing;
    8) iTunes, APK, Android, Adobe, Microsoft Word and Excel compatible ;
    9) can watch HD TV in 16:9 with TV app;
    10) Solid professional build with glass weave back and gorilla glass screen;
    11) four great speakers deliver great sound;
    12) USB and HDMI port to hook up to monitor or smart TV;
    13) NFI, Bluetooth, MiraCast connectivity;
    14) Great for presentations and travelling business people, and;
    15) Lots of BlackBerry accessories available, including BlackBerry holster and pocket with magnets for automatic turn off. BlackBerry Flip case and transform shell also available.

CONS:

1) a bit heavier than other phones (170g);
    2) AMOLED screen not as bright in bright sunlight as other phones with back-lit LCD screens;
    3) average camera, and ;
    4) battery big, but not removable

For me, the Z30 is the best electronic device I've ever owned.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    07-30-14 04:04 PM
    The thing with the Passport would be a rather uncommon physical keyboard. It got cut-down to three rows with just the very basic keys on it. Everything else is done via a virtual fourth row on the touchscreen. Also keepin mind that new keyboard iis capacitive, so you can not only use it as a trackpad but ut also supports word flicking similar to the full-touch devices.
    So this is not really your typical QWERTy but rather a try to bring the traditional BB keyboard truely over to BB10 and the next generation.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    07-30-14 04:21 PM
    Passport all the way! If you don't like it, you got 14 days to chop it in for a Q10. I think you'll love it. You've got nothing to lose by waiting a few weeks and trying it.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    07-30-14 05:07 PM
    I had the BlackBerry Torch 2, which was great, and now I have the Z30, which is amazing.

PROS :

1) Big 5" AMOLED low-drain screen;
    2) big long lasting 2800 mHa battery ;
    3) OS10 with great BlackBerry HUB and punch feature to organize all messaging and calls;
    4) sensitive Paratek antenna;
    5) FM radio;
    6) big virtual keyboard with auto correct and predictive text in multiple languages ;
    7) fast chip and fast Web browsing;
    8) iTunes, APK, Android, Adobe, Microsoft Word and Excel compatible ;
    9) can watch HD TV in 16:9 with TV app;
    10) Solid professional build with glass weave back and gorilla glass screen;
    11) four great speakers deliver great sound;
    12) USB and HDMI port to hook up to monitor or smart TV;
    13) NFI, Bluetooth, MiraCast connectivity;
    14) Great for presentations and travelling business people, and;
    15) Lots of BlackBerry accessories available, including BlackBerry holster and pocket with magnets for automatic turn off. BlackBerry Flip case and transform shell also available.

CONS:

1) a bit heavier than other phones (170g);
    2) AMOLED screen not as bright in bright sunlight as other phones with back-lit LCD screens;
    3) average camera, and ;
    4) battery big, but not removable

For me, the Z30 is the best electronic device I've ever owned.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    If I had the money to get a z30 and then a Passport I would. But z30 price is still quite high even second hand. Although as u say iv heard so many good things about them, but it's not drastically different enough to my z10 to miss out on the pass port for.

Have you gone off physical keyboards then?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 05:38 PM
    I've been using the Q10 for 1.5 years and it has gotten me thru the battle, but I long for a better phone with a larger screen so I can do more work. The Passport brings a larger screen, newer technology, and OS 10.3. The current Q10 just can't do what is coming to our doorstep. If you don't think the Passport is for you, the new Classic will bring the same technology. Don't go for older technology. You'll probably regret it.
    07-30-14 06:18 PM
    Q 10 has faulty keypad. Double typed. Don't buy

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 12:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    As already stated multiple times by multiple members: Not every Q10 is suffering from those issues. The newer batches seem to be "fixed" and even some day one owners report their Q10s are still working fine.

Besides that I have to agree, since there was word the Passport won't have similar problems for sure.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    07-31-14 12:50 AM
    My Q10 is day one and awesome. No issues whatsoever. I also have a Z30, which is also awesome. I'm going to get a Passport too. Then the Classic. I also had the Z10 and a Q5, both of which now belong to a couple friends - they love them. All the BlackBerry 10 phones are super good. Sure some people had some issues, but that happens. Chances are, you won't have any problems, like me.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by buckwylder; 08-06-14 at 12:51 AM.
    07-31-14 09:14 AM
    There is the double type issue admittedly. But I feel like I'm willing to take the risk. Anyone want to give a guesstimate at handset cost for the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 09:40 PM
    Well according to a post on CB it's going to be around 700 euros but everything is more expensive in the UK. So can expect ridiculous price per handset.

Think I may get Q10 next week and then once there's a price sell my q10 or z10 and PlayBook and put towards.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 09:44 PM
    Wait and save my money and buy a Passport which in reality I will probably have to pay for an early upgrade and then quite a bit for the phone itself. Can probably get a q10 for �140.00 on ebay second hand, but then that's money I could put towards the Passport.

However, I don't know if I am going to want a physical keyboard. So the Q10 could be a trial I suppose. I do love full touch currently on a Z10 but really craving a Q10.

Okay as you can see I'm conflicted, can someone just decide for me please?

Posted via CB10

Personally I would wait for the Passport and Classic to check those devices out, especially when you're planning to get a Q10. I have a Q10, like it but in the end it might get replaced by the Classic and probably the Passport as well.
    08-01-14 09:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Never had any problem with it.
    08-01-14 10:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not everyone has that problem.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 11:24 PM
    So I have just ordered a Q10 from ebay. New according to seller for �165. Thanks for your advice, I just couldn't hold out for the passport!

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    08-05-14 04:08 PM
    Wait for Passport

Z10
    08-05-14 04:29 PM
    Too late. Literally just bought one, cant wait to get it! Plus my upgrade isn't until Feb so maybe get a passport then.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 04:36 PM
    Too late. Literally just bought one, cant wait to get it! Plus my upgrade isn't until Feb so maybe get a passport then.

Posted via CB10
    You gonna love the Q10

Posted via Q10Bold
    08-05-14 04:50 PM
    You gonna love the Q10

Posted via Q10Bold
    Thanks, I really hope so! I do love my z10 but the feel/quality of the phone lets it down. Not to mention the battery life.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 04:56 PM
    The Q10 is a unique phone. If you like to communicate (email, SMS, BBM, Twitter, etc.) it will fill the need admirably.

To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others Buddha
    08-05-14 07:20 PM