Just wondering. I was disappointed I couldn't use the BlackBerry desktop feature 2 port over everything from my 9900 over to the Q10. I was told OS10 doesn't keep emails forever. Can someone advise?
    06-09-13 06:54 AM
    Currently with IMAP accounts you can only have the last 90days max.

With exchange accounts this all depends on the corporate policy that's being pushed.
    06-09-13 06:58 AM
    From what I've found, e-mails stay forever. You can sync an exchange active syc account to 'forever', so it puls all your e-mails and they will never be deleted. Also using IMAP accounts there is a limited initial retrieval date (I have 90 days retrieval), but anything received on the device then keeps forever. If you're using exchange active sync and set it to sync 30 days, once an email is older than 30 days it's gone from your device however.

I'm more than happy using IMAP accounts which support PUSH. I get emails instantly and they keep forever, perfect.
    06-09-13 06:59 AM
    How do I change the settings 2 forever? This is a personal device and a work issued Blackberry. Please advise
    06-09-13 07:12 AM
    Just check the e-mail settings, it might depend on the way the exchange account is set up though. I'm not very technical on these things. If you're not using exchange active sync the initial retrieval period will be a certain number of days, but from that point forward everything remains on the device.
    06-09-13 07:16 AM
    The OP is not using Exchange.
    06-09-13 07:35 AM
    My imap email disappeared after 30 days.

Sent from my Q10
    06-09-13 08:26 AM
    This is so frustrating. One would assume that if you aren't given the option to adjust the auto delete the default would be that the emails are kept forever. This is a big deal for me with some work and personal massages that I really liked having at my finger tips. A friend of mine has always kept a copy of an email on her BB from her husband that he sent to her years ago, and it has huge emotional significance to her. This issue alone could be the difference in whether she gets a Q10.

I suppose in 27 days I'll know what the verdict is on my email longevity.
    06-09-13 05:09 PM
    My imap email disappeared after 30 days.

That was the way it worked with older firmware revisions.

What versions do you show for "Software Release" and "OS Version" in Settings/About/OS?
    06-10-13 03:33 AM
    This is so frustrating. One would assume that if you aren't given the option to adjust the auto delete the default would be that the emails are kept forever. This is a big deal for me with some work and personal massages that I really liked having at my finger tips. A friend of mine has always kept a copy of an email on her BB from her husband that he sent to her years ago, and it has huge emotional significance to her. This issue alone could be the difference in whether she gets a Q10.

I suppose in 27 days I'll know what the verdict is on my email longevity.

Just file them in a folder called "To Keep" or something and you can keep them as long as you want.

If you are using a "syncing" type of email service, then they will be available in that folder on any device you connect with.

Better than the old Blackberry.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-10-13 03:35 AM
    @omnitech I use imap folders. I have some with only 5 email in it. But since they are older than 30 days I can't see them on the BlackBerry. I can see them on every other device though.

Currently I run exchange though with unlimited email enabled until this if fixed. Exchange is annoying too because it syncs all birthdays wrong on the Q10.

Sent from my Q10
    06-10-13 05:55 AM
    buu511: In case you missed it the first time:

That was the way it worked with older firmware revisions.

What versions do you show for "Software Release" and "OS Version" in Settings/About/OS?
    06-10-13 07:22 AM
    I am using the 4xxx leak for the Q10. I have not readded imap since then.

Sent from my Q10
    06-10-13 07:32 AM
    Maybe the problem is with IMAP mails.
    06-10-13 08:29 AM
    If you have a POP account like me, it looks like sent email from the device stay for a month, but incoming email disappear after 2 weeks. Extremely frustrating for me, but I am hopefull BlackBerry will solve it in s subsequent update.

I will also add that with a POP account, there is no way to adjust the retention period in the advanced settings.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 09:23 AM
    The original maximum timeframe for ALL email access protocols for visibility in the Blackberry Hub was 30 days, including POP3. (Which is a rather unusual thing for a POP3 client, not so unusual for a syncing email client)

According to Blackberry software managers in statements made 1-2 months ago, new updates in firmware 10.1 would provide "forever" support for Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) email accounts, 90 days for IMAP, but still max 30 days for POP3.

Those changes have already appeared for recent 10.1 OS builds.

The last change mentioned by the Blackberry SW management people, scheduled for later this year, would be to also remove age limitations for both IMAP and POP. That change hasn't been seen in any known OS releases yet.
    RosaLeetah and LaFlamaBlanca like this.
    06-10-13 04:45 PM
    Thank you so much Omnitech for this information. After installing the latest update this morning, I was able to change the settings on one of my email accounts to "forever", and I noticed that it's also retrieving emails older than 90 days.
    06-11-13 12:46 PM
    @ Omnitech : I am receiving email from Domain ‘A’ which is going in Folder ‘Z’ of Desktop Outlook which is automatically uploaded to Folder ‘Z’ of Office 365 P1 account (of Domain ‘B’) which is then downloaded in Folder ‘Z’ of Laptop. The Domain ‘B’ is exclusively for my use & for Syncing purpose only. This works flawlessly between my Desktop & Laptop with help of Office 365 P1 plan.
    Can I have the same type of Syncing with Z10 / Q10 also?
    06-15-13 11:54 PM
    @ Omnitech : I am receiving email from Domain ‘A’ which is going in Folder ‘Z’ of Desktop Outlook which is automatically uploaded to Folder ‘Z’ of Office 365 P1 account (of Domain ‘B’) which is then downloaded in Folder ‘Z’ of Laptop. The Domain ‘B’ is exclusively for my use & for Syncing purpose only. This works flawlessly between my Desktop & Laptop with help of Office 365 P1 plan.
    Can I have the same type of Syncing with Z10 / Q10 also?

I responded to the exact question that you posted somewhere else in a different thread.
    06-16-13 05:30 PM
    Thank you so much Omnitech for this information. After installing the latest update this morning, I was able to change the settings on one of my email accounts to "forever", and I noticed that it's also retrieving emails older than 90 days.
    RosaLeetah, I'm currently having this email retrieval headage too. Please let me know what type of email and account you setup that has the option "forever" to retrieve email older than 90 days. In my case I've got only mail for the last 7 days for Gmail with normal setup. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 06:18 PM
    RosaLeetah, I'm currently having this email retrieval headage too. Please let me know what type of email and account you setup that has the option "forever" to retrieve email older than 90 days. In my case I've got only mail for the last 7 days for Gmail with normal setup. Thanks

Gmail, unless you are a paying Google customer, uses IMAP. IMAP on BB10 devices is currently limited to 90 day visibility in the BlackBerry Hub.

If you need to see older messages on a BB10 device at the present time, you need to use the Exchange ActiveSync protocol, which Google only supports via their paid services.
    Sam_muel likes this.
    06-16-13 10:57 PM