I bought yesterday a Q10 and it has double typing issues. The real problem is when I type a password :| Not off a good start with BB
    Wow ! New or used ?
    11-09-14 03:52 PM
    I bought yesterday a Q10 and it has double typing issues. The real problem is when I type a password :| Not off a good start with BB
    Sorry to hear about your keyboard. Did you buy yours from the BlackBerry site? I did and it will arrive either tomorrow or Tuesday. The double typing issue concerns me and I might decline the parcel.

I had the "stuttering keyboard" issue on my previous BlackBerries, Bold 9700, 9780, 9900, Torch and Torch 2. The Bold 9900 was a real pain to get it replaced. A few keys was stuttering and the spacebar didn't work at times. Because I went through keyboard issues with almost every BlackBerry I have owned, I'm hesitant in keeping the Q10.
    11-09-14 03:56 PM
    Wow ! New or used ?
    it's used, I asked the seller and he said there are no issue so here I am
    11-09-14 04:04 PM
    Sorry to hear about your keyboard. Did you buy yours from the BlackBerry site? I did and it will arrive either tomorrow or Tuesday. The double typing issue concerns me and I might decline the parcel.

I had the "stuttering keyboard" issue on my previous BlackBerries, Bold 9700, 9780, 9900, Torch and Torch 2. The Bold 9900 was a real pain to get it replaced. A few keys was stuttering and the spacebar didn't work at times. Because I went through keyboard issues with almost every BlackBerry I have owned, I'm hesitant in keeping the Q10.
    I wanted so badly to buy from BB but they were Out of Stock for a while and I couldn't wait anymore...
    11-09-14 04:05 PM
    it's used, I asked the seller and he said there are no issue so here I am
    Obviously, there are. I guess you can order a new keyboard, and as stated in another thread, reload the OS with BlackBerry Link or install a 10.3.1 beta release with the last autoloader to get an upgraded Android runtime. Or, of course, wait for the official 10.3.1 release for the Q10 "by the end of the year".
    11-09-14 04:39 PM
    Change the keyboard and all will be good.
    11-09-14 05:15 PM
    I never had the problem on my q10

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-09-14 05:27 PM
    I've had 2 Q10s, 1 black, 1 white, both Verizon. Neither had a double-typing problem.

Posted from the original Zed (Z10)
    11-09-14 05:37 PM
    Since I had to replace my wife's Q10 keyboard because if the double typing issue, I thought I would do some investigation. Here is what I have found. I took apart the keyboard and took some pictures of what I found. Here are my opinions.

The placement of the steel "pops" are not precise. You can see them offset in the spots that they are supposed to be centered.

The steep "pops" are very thin and could be weakened over time. They could be made thicker and have a more pronounced edge. This might have been done before are the new keyboards. The keyboard that was purchased to replace the original was definitely more stiff to press the buttons.

There is a new keyboard as you can see REV 1. Most likely revision 1.
    Attached Thumbnails Do all Q10 phones have the double typing issue?-keyboard_1.jpg   Do all Q10 phones have the double typing issue?-keyboard_2.png   Do all Q10 phones have the double typing issue?-keyboard_3.png  
    11-09-14 06:09 PM
    My work provided Q10 had the double typing issue. It started a few months in. Rogers swapped it out with a refurbished model and have had no issues since.

I would highly recommend the Q10 if it's the form factor you are looking for. Any new phone comes with a warranty so if by chance your new Q10 has this issue, it can be replaced at no cost to you. I sold my personal Z30 because the Q10 is just the right feel for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 07:08 AM
    Have never had this issue with my Q10
    11-11-14 10:22 AM
    I won a Q10 a couple of years ago and it too had a defected space key, it was a international model. Later, I bought a Q10 from Sprint and not a single issue with the device, wrote this post with it with ease. So I think it's a matter of luck sometimes.
    11-11-14 10:41 AM
    I've had my Q10 for about 16 months now, and absolutely nnoo pprroobblleemmss..
    mrfreeze and HighFlight88 like this.
    11-11-14 09:08 PM
    I haven't had any double typing issues with Q10. Works great!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 09:19 PM
    I own both and have not had either issues with either one. Had I the chance to respond before you purchased, I would have said try and get a Passport over a Q10. On sheer numbers, it would seem that the double typing was more prevalent than the split screen. In fact, the split screen is happening on so few devices it's a negligible issue. (Apologies to those experiencing it!)

Having said that, I have been one of the lucky ones to have nothing but good experiences with every BlackBerry device I've purchased.
    11-11-14 09:45 PM
    Got my Q10 this April2014 no double typing issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 12:40 PM
    bought mine finally (my first BB hehe) and it's having double typing issues though I think it depends on how long I stay with my fingers on the key. I probably stay a bit long on some. Otherwise no issue so far. Really amazing phone!
    11-12-14 01:09 PM
    bought mine finally (my first BB hehe) and it's having double typing issues though I think it depends on how long I stay with my fingers on the key. I probably stay a bit long on some. Otherwise no issue so far. Really amazing phone!
    Doesn't matter how long your finger sits on the key. It wouldn't cause double typing. Holding onto a letter capitalizes it. So ThiS iS HOw YoUr SentenCe WOuLd lOoK.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    dphjeff likes this.
    11-12-14 02:07 PM
    I am on my third keyboard. I don't think all Q10s have it, but I would say a handful do. This shouldn't stop you from buying the Q10.

Every time my phone double typed, I would ask myself over and over again why I chose to deal with it. But both times I replaced the keyboard, the phone felt brand new. The keys felt better and the typing issue disappeared.

Keyboards are relatively cheap, so if you have the technological know-how to replace the keyboard, you should be fine.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    11-12-14 04:55 PM
    I am not saying apple doesn't have their issues -- they have/had plenty. What I am saying is that I hope BlackBerry fixes the issues if I have any the way apple as for my family in the past. I am by no means an apple fan boy, I really just appreciate the way I was treated when I had issues. That reason alone will keep me buying ipads and apple cpu's for my household (unless they start making a lower quality product)

I agree though every blackberry I have had (except the storm) was very well built. To this day my two favorite phones are a BlackBerry 8703e and the bold 9000.

Posted via CB10
    I love Apple's customer service. I know of people who have had shattered screens and other problems and Apple takes their broken phone and gives them a new one.

I have never dealt with BlackBerry's warranty department/customer service, but I have dealt with AT&T's. It probably isn't related, but I'll share my story anyway.

My BlackBerry Bold 9900 had a problem where it would sporadically scroll up in sunlight. It had a defective trackpad. When I called AT&T about this, they said that since it wasn't a continuous issue (my phone didn't scroll up indoors, at night, or during very cloudy days), they wouldn't be able to replace it. After a lot of yelling and begging (and some lying on my part to make the issue sound worse than it really was), they finally agreed to replace the phone.

Like I said, this is AT&T, but I thought I'd share anyway.

11-12-14 05:08 PM
    I love Apple's customer service. I know of people who have had shattered screens and other problems and Apple takes their broken phone and gives them a new one.

I have never dealt with BlackBerry's warranty department/customer service, but I have dealt with AT&T's. It probably isn't related, but I'll share my story anyway.

My BlackBerry Bold 9900 had a problem where it would sporadically scroll up in sunlight. It had a defective trackpad. When I called AT&T about this, they said that since it wasn't a continuous issue (my phone didn't scroll up indoors, at night, or during very cloudy days), they wouldn't be able to replace it. After a lot of yelling and begging (and some lying on my part to make the issue sound worse than it really was), they finally agreed to replace the phone.

Like I said, this is AT&T, but I thought I'd share anyway.

No kidding apple replaced my son's ipad that he damaged and we were 100% honest with them. He was about 4 at the time (he is disabled and uses his ipad for games, learning and communication). He dropped it numerous times and the back of the case dented causing the screen to separate. We were just going to wait until the ipad 2 was released a month later instead of paying $245 to replace the back. The guy asked to see it for a second and took it in the back. He came back out with a brand new iPad in the box and told us to have a great day. Now I don't expect every company to do this but even when we have issues with other devices that weren't our fault apple replaced/fixed the device. On top of that they have always been friendly and seemed to want to help the situation.

I am hoping since I bought straight from blackberry they would stand behind the Q10 seeing how the keyboards have been an issues with a good amount of users. I don't mind if something has issues it's about how a company will fix them if they occur. I like to feel like they are passionate about quality and taking care of their customers.

I have dealt with VZW about a couple BlackBerry devices in the past and it was a nightmare. Your experience does not surprise me since you had to go through the carrier.

Hope you have great luck with your current device(s).

Posted via CB10
    playfoot likes this.
    11-12-14 07:54 PM
    Never had the double type issue, nor has my wife's Q10. All good here and both of us Love our Q10s.

Posted via my Kick@ss Q10
    11-12-14 09:28 PM
    Purchased my Q10 back in April and it's in the shop getting fixed for the double typing key or what I call the over sensitive 'a' key. Bad spot to have an over sensitive key as alt is there and pound sign is above. If I just hover over the 'a' key it would type 1 or 7 of them. Kinda funny when I looked at a message and there were an abundance of capitol 'A's' and lower case scattered through out my messages!
    I am Canadian so the 'a' problem was fiitting!
    11-15-14 08:05 AM
    I've personally never had this issue
    11-15-14 08:54 AM
    When you have 159 billion in cash reserves, it is easy to do customer service, but Blackberry relying on the carriers for front line support and how well carriers support Blackberry, it is no wonder there are issues.
    11-15-14 09:04 AM
103 ... 2345