I think your in denial. If you don't beleive it fine, but since you like wiki links try this one:

Modern Flat Earth societies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I had 2, and both demonstrated it. Since i haven't posted a video no doubt you feel comfortable thinking that I like everyone else is lying. Well, I would post a video now were it not for the fact i got shot of this phone as soon as a better option came along.
    So you're saying my q10 has a double typing issue? I can honestly say that it doesn't. It doesn't affect 100% of devices. I've had two q10s. One at launch and a second one I bought a few months ago. Neither have ever gave me a double typing issue. A forum is usually where people speak of the problems that their devices have. If a newbie who has never come to crackberry looks up " double typing" it's going to bring him or her to this forum. No one is going to title a thread " those who do not have the double typing issue". You won't see that thread pick up steam whatsoever. Alldevices have some sort of issue. All of them. Battery drain with iPhone, double typing with q10, proximity sensor with the note 3. Get over it. Things sometimes take fixing. It's all wear and tear. The double typing didn't happen coming out of the box. It takes months, if at all.

Folks have to get over it. If you're going to worry about it then don't get it. I bought my second q10 without a second thought to the double typing issue. You're bound to have problems down the road with whatever you buy. It's all down to how you take care of your device. I'm sure the double typing issue may have a lot to do with food crumbs and sticky foods. It's an squires problem. Double typing doesn't happen coming out of the box!

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-08-14 09:34 AM
    So you're saying my q10 has a double typing issue? I can honestly say that it doesn't. It doesn't affect 100% of devices. I've had two q10s. One at launch and a second one I bought a few months ago. Neither have ever gave me a double typing issue. A forum is usually where people speak of the problems that their devices have. If a newbie who has never come to crackberry looks up " double typing" it's going to bring him or her to this forum. No one is going to title a thread " those who do not have the double typing issue". You won't see that thread pick up steam whatsoever. Alldevices have some sort of issue. All of them. Battery drain with iPhone, double typing with q10, proximity sensor with the note 3. Get over it. Things sometimes take fixing. It's all wear and tear. The double typing didn't happen coming out of the box. It takes months, if at all.

Folks have to get over it. If you're going to worry about it then don't get it. I bought my second q10 without a second thought to the double typing issue. You're bound to have problems down the road with whatever you buy. It's all down to how you take care of your device. I'm sure the double typing issue may have a lot to do with food crumbs and sticky foods. It's an squires problem. Double typing doesn't happen coming out of the box!

Hmmmm let me ask sumfin. Then WTF does places like this exist? Hay everybody just get over your stuff not working. Just deal with it because it's your own fault.
    11-08-14 09:48 AM

It does come out of the box. I'm very careful with all my phones. I even never put the phone on a table without any kind of layer to avoid micro scratches on the back.
    It started after 2 months. Note that spare keyboard had that issue right at the moment I installed it. So it does come out of the box. And the reason why it does double typing is already known.
    I can agree with you that not 100% of devices are buggy. Your own example shows it.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 09:53 AM
    Hmmmm let me ask sumfin. Then WTF does places like this exist? Hay everybody just get over your stuff not working. Just deal with it because it's your own fault.
    Every phone has an issue of some type. Some people exaggerate their issues more than others. Ever hear of the "bear left" issue with a hyundai sonata? Common problem. They would bear left at highway speeds when you let go of the steering wheel. Owners had to leave it at the shop to fix under recall. Things happen. Stop complaining and do something about it. Electronics aren't void of defects. I had an iPhone with an annoying battery drain issue. Battery was toast. The fix? Not complain for days on these forums. Replaced the battery and all was well.

Last edited by BigBadWulf; 11-08-14 at 10:33 AM. Reason: insulting
    dphjeff likes this.
    11-08-14 10:03 AM
    Aren't we all just beta testers for the next engineered obsolescence.

Posted via CB10
    ilmizi, bbnrs and HighFlight88 like this.
    11-08-14 10:27 AM
    [WARN]Let's calm down here. Just because most don't have an issue, does not mean it isn't real, nor that it's all user error.

I'd prefer not start handing out infractions for disruption or fighting.

Thank you![/WARN]
    11-08-14 10:28 AM
    I'll chill out. Apologies

BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-08-14 11:07 AM
    [WARN]Let's calm down here. Just because most don't have an issue, does not mean it isn't real, nor that it's all user error.

I'd prefer not start handing out infractions for disruption or fighting.

Thank you![/WARN]
    We're cool. Just a somewhat friendly debate. No hard feelings here.
    BigBadWulf and bbnrs like this.
    11-08-14 11:23 AM
    Did I miss something? Lol

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    11-08-14 11:42 AM
    Did I miss something? Lol

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    Not really

The absolute bottom of the Modfia's list of duties is discipline. Keeping members from getting in trouble is much preferred.

Thank you all. The discussion has been overall outstanding, and I for one have learned a few things that will hopefully help a friend.
    11-08-14 11:51 AM
    Does blackberry at least replace the keyboard or the phone if you have issues?

I have had issues with a couple apple devices -- spinning home button on wife's 3GS, battery drain on wife's iphone 5 and issues with an ipad. Each time I took the defective device into an apple store or called into apple they fixed/replaced the device promptly. Not only that but they were friendly and helpful. Every device can have issue but if a company corrects the problem and has good customer service then I am happy.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 03:41 PM
    As long as it's under warranty. If not your on you own.
    11-08-14 04:05 PM
    Well I guess I understand that -- the BlackBerry warranty is a year right? Still with such a known issue they should probably make an exception (a la apple with the iphone 5 battery). I would be ok with paying shipping and parts if they fixed it with no labor cost.

Still though anything man made can have issues -- I will just hope I got lucky and if issues arise call BlackBerry. Hope they have corrected the keyboards on the passport and classic. They don't need quality issues when trying to mount and comeback and solidify their spot in business (iphone is gaining some traction) far into the future.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 04:14 PM
    Well I guess I understand that -- the BlackBerry warranty is a year right? Still with such a known issue they should probably make an exception (a la apple with the iphone 5 battery). I would be ok with paying shipping and parts if they fixed it with no labor cost.

Still though anything man made can have issues -- I will just hope I got lucky and if issues arise call BlackBerry. Hope they have corrected the keyboards on the passport and classic. They don't need quality issues when trying to mount and comeback and solidify their spot in business (iphone is gaining some traction) far into the future.

Posted via CB10
    Warranty starts at point of sale. So if you purchase it from a carrier they may exceed manufacturers warranty.
    As for quality issue's I will say, I believe for the most part BlackBerry is a well built devices. Apple IS have there own problems. I can live with double typing but wouldn't want my phone to bend or burst into flames.
    11-08-14 04:26 PM
    I had 2 Q10s and none had that issue, and both were used a lot. My 9900 had double typing on the spacebar
    11-08-14 04:39 PM
    I am not saying apple doesn't have their issues -- they have/had plenty. What I am saying is that I hope BlackBerry fixes the issues if I have any the way apple as for my family in the past. I am by no means an apple fan boy, I really just appreciate the way I was treated when I had issues. That reason alone will keep me buying ipads and apple cpu's for my household (unless they start making a lower quality product)

I agree though every blackberry I have had (except the storm) was very well built. To this day my two favorite phones are a BlackBerry 8703e and the bold 9000.

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff and Joao Oliveira like this.
    11-08-14 04:49 PM
    This is my prediction I_Jack, for Apple there sales are going to suffer end of 2014 and into 2015. Samsung's sales are going to increase. And BlackBerry sales worldwide will increase with the exception of the US.
    11-08-14 07:21 PM
    I actually agree with you about apple. I used an ios 8 device and it is now glitchy. They lack the attention to detail and and are now chasing trends (big phones for example) shows they are lacking vision. It will be interesting to see if their customer service stays the same when they start to struggle.

I disagree about samsung though. Android 5.0 looks fresh and I believe consumers will get tired of the bloated and janky software on their phones. No reason a snapdragon 805 should stutter at all on a phone.

My prediction is that close to stock android experiences start to gain traction (i.e motorola and nexus) and HTC will get more attention w/ android. I also believe that blackberry makes gains in the US and worldwide. I believe that if microsoft does things right they have a chance to pick up some consumers as well.

I hope that blackberry makes a q10 successor without the toolbelt and a Z30 successor. I think with the passport and classic they would have a great line up of devices. Let's hope for the sake of keyboards blackberry doesn't mess this up.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 07:59 PM
    No

Posted from my Blackberry Q10
    11-08-14 08:15 PM
    You maybe right on the Android but Windows kinda sucks. I have two people using them and they want to get rid of them. It will be hard for BlackBerry to pick up in the US with the sigma of BlackBerry and lack of carrier handling them. I guarantee it easier to switch devices than carries for most people. That why the two above have windows devices and not Blackberries. But that's my take and I aren't to smart.
    Beside if people are going to get something for nothing there going to take it.
    11-08-14 08:21 PM
    I agree -- windows isn't great but they have the budget devices that I think will do well esp if sprint takes on the "uncarrier" plan like tmobile.

I hope blackberry succeeds and I hope that they make good on any double typing or quality issues. Only two things change stigma advertising and word of mouth.

I am just hoping I don't run into any issues and have blackberry customer service remain a mystery to me.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 09:03 PM
    I just got a new later manufactured device to replace one that developed the double type after a year. This kb is much more solid I think.
    11-09-14 08:51 AM
    Almost 2 years now and I don't have it. Knock on wood.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 08:58 AM
    So you're saying my q10 has a double typing issue? I can honestly say that it doesn't. It doesn't affect 100% of devices.

It's all down to how you take care of your device. I'm sure the double typing issue may have a lot to do with food crumbs and sticky foods. It's an squires problem. Double typing doesn't happen coming out of the box!

I never mentioned your phone? I totally agree it doesn't affect 100 percent of q10's. However, statistically it's a wide enough spread issue to affect lots of people without any doubt. It certainly does NOT mean every q10 made is doomed to this fate, I'm not sure where you picked that out of what I was saying, as we appear to agree on this. However, I don't agree its how you look after it, as I"m very particular about my phones. The real cause was perhaps found in another thread, as I believe somebody opened up one that had this problem, and it was down to how the mechanism underneath had sunken or something if I recall - i.e. build quality and materials used. To my mind, this means its down to luck of the draw and possibly usage pattern is my best guess.
    11-09-14 02:17 PM
    I bought yesterday a Q10 and it has double typing issues. The real problem is when I type a password :| Not off a good start with BB
    11-09-14 03:45 PM
103 12345