Hello,

my girlfriend updated her BlackBerry Q10 device on her MacBook Pro from BB10 to 10.1 and immediately after she received the message "successfully updated" the display turned black. It just died and hasn't since come back alive again.

She sent it to me (from China to Germany) so I can get it fixed, but I am also using a Mac (Air) and BB Link is one steaming pile of sh... (updated to latest build 39).
    My Mac (OS X 10.9) won't even connect to her phone so I was unable to do a backup. A recovery was only possible on the third attempt.

Sadly it did not fix the display error. The Q10 looks completely dead except for the LED and the glowing keyboard. Is this a known problem?

To top it off, Amazon says that the manufacturer should get it replaced but BlackBerry is refusing to take it back and says I should get it fixed via Amazon. I turned to Amazon again and they are saying I am not allowed to make use of the warranty for my girlfriend.

I am really trying hard to like BlackBerry but the Link software is garbage, the OS 10.1 still feels like a beta (disgraceful keyboard capitalization error on Z10 among others), there is practically 0 support and now also the hardware fails.
    My girlfriend switched back to Apple and bought a 5C. BlackBerry deserves to lose this customer.
    11-18-13 12:36 PM
    did you try just using an autoloader to try and reinstall everything?

I sincerely doubt there's not more to the story...
    11-18-13 01:17 PM
    My display would intermittently work after I got my Q10 (1 day actually). If I pressed hard enough on the back say above the logo under where the metal bar is, I'd get some display.

I eventually opened it up (youtube how to change screen on Q10) and discovered a loose connector near where I applied the pressure. She's been working great since.

Q10
    11-18-13 01:56 PM
    did you try just using an autoloader to try and reinstall everything?
    No Autoloader for Mac. And I'm also not sure if it would void the warranty.

@Action Jackson: I tried pressing around from the outside, but nothing changed.

My girlfriend described it once more with more details. Upon the reboot, she noticed that the colors were shifting and that the black behind the BB logo turned aggressively red. She also says that the device got crazy hot.
    Maybe some circuitry is damaged and burned the screen?

Anyway, Amazon finally replied and they are giving us back the money - 600 €.
    11-19-13 01:18 AM
    Glad to hear that there was some resolution. Hopefully it won't deter her from Blackberry.

Q10 & 9900 on Bell Mobility
    11-19-13 05:03 AM
    Hello,

my girlfriend updated her BlackBerry Q10 device on her MacBook Pro from BB10 to 10.1 and immediately after she received the message "successfully updated" the display turned black. It just died and hasn't since come back alive again.

Q10 was never issued with 10.0. It came out of the box with 10.1. Do you mean you upgraded from 10.1 to 10.2?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 06:01 AM