All my contacts are synched over an outlook.com account.
    Often contacts disappear on my Q10 (nowhere else on my other 6 devices synched with that account). So you can find yourself potentially in the middle of nowhere without the contact you need!!!!
    I have deleted the account and added it again and it seems to work again. But this is scary! Manual sync with BBLink does not work. I like my Q10 a lot, but if it lets me down, it will end up against a wall. My 9900 is just waiting for that to happen. It has not happened on my Z10 (yet....).
    07-18-13 01:28 PM
    u r not alone...i have experienced this as well on my newly purchased Q. Has never happened with my Z. not a total deal breaker but damn annoying. Regardless, i dont regret my purchase..
    07-18-13 09:50 PM
    Does the contact only go missing when you click on the phone icon that is in the bottom left hand corner but if you look up the contact through the contact icon the person than appears?

I think I might have it figured out but am doing some more testing.
    07-19-13 06:12 PM
    Jim, that's what happens to me at least. I have to import my contacts from my sim card daily, sine they keep disappearing in my phone list. Can't use the "call X" shortcut because of it.

If you find the cause/solution, please let me know.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 06:24 PM
    Does the contact only go missing when you click on the phone icon that is in the bottom left hand corner but if you look up the contact through the contact icon the person than appears?

I think I might have it figured out but am doing some more testing.
    I know, there is a big difference in content between the 2. I always go through contacts. Going through the phone thing, half the contacts are not there anyway, so I never use that shortcut.
    07-20-13 09:39 AM
    The problem for when they are missing in the phone app only and not when you look up the contact through the contacts icon is from a long standing bug in the way blackberry performs searches (when it finds a contact it stops searching for additional ones). Users in my company have known about this for years. It's too bad blackberry has no way to report such problems cuz we know quite a few of them. They won't let me participate in the betazone...The integration with facebook is the biggest culprit here.

Anyways what happens is that you actually have 2 contacts with the same name. In your own contact information you have the persons phone number but in the facebook contact the person choose not to list their number. When you do a look-up through the phone app it finds the person but since they don't have a number in the first contact it searches it IMMEDIATELY stops and doesn't look any further despite the fact that if it did it would actually find a number.

To fix the problem what you have to do is unlink the contact. The easiest way to do this is to go into the contacts app then choose to look at the facebook contacts only and then try to pick out all the people you think you would want to phone and simply unlink them.

To see for yourself that this is actually the problem all you have to do is the next time you try looking up a contact and they don't show up but you know they exist in your contacts - just go into your contacts unlink that person then go back to the phone app and you will see that they magically reappear.

Just so you know even if you delete the facebook app or try to turn them off the contacts still exist on your device. There is NO way to get rid of them even if you can't see them, they are still there.

See I'd be a good guy to let play in the betazone but the b***s won't let me, all I ever get is a message when I log in saying "An account with the specified email already exists and is linked to another BlackBerry ID" I know what the problem is here too but again they won't talk to you......so....
    Last edited by Jim Banks1; 07-30-13 at 10:00 AM.
    07-29-13 08:35 PM