I never used the search or assistant feature. I find it gets in the way if I accidently press a button on the keyboard &have to close it. Anyway to disable it or just have old search which wasn't as in your face? I'm the application shortcut kind of guy.

Lov
    10-20-14 09:14 AM
    Settings > blackberry assistant > activate with mute key > off

EDIT: Absolutely misread the OP. This is not the solution.
    Last edited by FrankIAm; 10-20-14 at 09:55 AM.
    10-20-14 09:18 AM
    I never used the search or assistant feature. I find it gets in the way if I accidently press a button on the keyboard &have to close it. Anyway to disable it or just have old search which wasn't as in your face? I'm the application shortcut kind of guy.

Lov
    You can't completely disable it, but you can turn off "full assistance" which will make it closer to the older search (open apps, search device, make calls, play music).

I don't think you can disable the keyboard-based invocation though.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:52 AM
    You can disable it ....... Open BBVE (BlackBerry Virtual Expert), tap DEVICE MONITOR and the ASSISTANT will show up as one of the running apps. Tap and hold the ASSISTANT entry, and a "CLOSE" option will appear on the right. Select the CLOSE option and the app is closed/stopped. Voila, Passport seems more responsive as well ...........
    10-05-15 04:12 AM
    You can disable it ....... Open BBVE (BlackBerry Virtual Expert), tap DEVICE MONITOR and the ASSISTANT will show up as one of the running apps. Tap and hold the ASSISTANT entry, and a "CLOSE" option will appear on the right. Select the CLOSE option and the app is closed/stopped. Voila, Passport seems more responsive as well ...........
    Not sure if this was real advice or sarcasm

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    10-05-15 04:41 AM
    Real advice, although the ASSISTANT appears to be re-started under certain condition. For example, when I place my PassPort facedown, it appears to trigger an ASSISTANT action, which then re-starts the ASSISTANT. How can one disable the facedown action/trigger ??
    10-05-15 07:55 AM
    Closing it from Device Monitor just closes it like any other App, it doesn't disable, I don't think there is even a way to disable it completely

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    10-05-15 08:49 AM
    You can disable the full assistant, this will minimize at least and make you q10 smoother.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 02:47 AM
    Settings==>BlackBerry Assistant==>Full assistance OFF
    03-04-16 12:36 PM
    Settings==>BlackBerry Assistant==>Full assistance OFF
    That doesn't turn the assistant off. When I push my Bluetooth headset key to make a call it starts right back up again. It is a true PITA!

Life was so much better without the assistant. I don't need it to tell me the number of the person I asked it to dial for me. This waste of space in the phone has made it easier and faster to dial the number myself.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    03-04-16 02:00 PM
    You can't completely disable it, but you can turn off "full assistance" which will make it closer to the older search (open apps, search device, make calls, play music).

I don't think you can disable the keyboard-based invocation though.

Posted via CB10
    This changes everything for me. Device search is now instantaneous. Thank you...somehow I didn't realize.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 02:53 PM